Darth Plagueis' Death

Palpatine really shouldn't kill him before he learned those incredible skills of immortality and save people from death. Not only he could reach immortality. He could also heal most of Anakin's wounds, and even bring Padme back if needed. Anakin would become more powerful than ever.

Palpatine really shouldn't kill him before he learned those incredible skills of immortality and save people from death. Not only he could reach immortality. He could also heal most of Anakin's wounds, and even bring Padme back if needed. Anakin would become more powerful than ever.

Except that if Plagueis learned immortality Palpatine couldn't kill him. Also an immortal Plagueis would have had no need for Palpatine and we all know what the Sith do when someone outlives their usefulness.

Except that if Plagueis learned immortality Palpatine couldn't kill him. Also an immortal Plagueis would have had no need for Palpatine and we all know what the Sith do when someone outlives their usefulness.

Darth Plagueis the Wise (except for trusting his apprentice as a friend & letting him get him drunk.....)

Plagueis didn't want to kill Sidious, he wanted to teach those to Sidious and let him rule the Republic/Empire, when he was commanding in the backstage.

As if Palpatine gave two ***** about Anakin or Padme?....He didn't, the only thing that upset him with Anakin was that he got maimed other then that he couldn't give a damn. Also Palpatine did learn immortality without the help of his master whom he surpassed, essense transfer he could live as long as he wanted sure it required him to take over bodies but he still could have lived forever. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

As if Palpatine gave two ***** about Anakin or Padme?....He didn't, the only thing that upset him with Anakin was that he got maimed other then that he couldn't give a damn. Also Palpatine did learn immortality without the help of his master whom he surpassed, essense transfer he could live as long as he wanted sure it required him to take over bodies but he still could have lived forever.

Well with Padme, Anakin got weakness and he could use her to control Anakin, and he could heal Anakin's wounds.

But Plagueis could simply let his body stop aging, recover the wounds and even get younger. Sidious could only use clone body and they could not last too long due to the Dark Side corruption.

Well with Padme, Anakin got weakness and he could use her to control Anakin, and he could heal Anakin's wounds.

But Plagueis could simply let his body stop aging, recover the wounds and even get younger. Sidious could only use clone body and they could not last too long due to the Dark Side corruption.

Then why wouldn't Plagueis suffer the same? He was a Dark Lord too.

Palpatine: Lord Vader, can you hear me?

Darth Vader: es, Master. Where is Padmé? Is she safe? Is she alright?

Palpatine: It seems, in your anger, you killed her.

Darth Vader: I... I couldn't have. She was alive! I felt it! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Palpatine: Don't worry, I can bring her back.

Darth Vader: WHAT?

Then it's even funny to think about those people's reaction when they saw Padme was brought back in life during her funeral.

It was said (everywhere) that Sidious felt he learned all he could from his Master. Hence he was useless to him. Hence why he killed him.

Later he admitted he didn't, especially something called cheat death, I believe that's either bring back the dead or keep the body from aging.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Plagueis didn't want to kill Sidious, he wanted to teach those to Sidious and let him rule the Republic/Empire, when he was commanding in the backstage.

There wouldn't be any need though if one is immortal. Plagueis could have lied to Sidious for all we know and to me that makes the most sense, I have never heard of one with the ability to gain power wanting to share it.

There wouldn't be any need though if one is immortal. Plagueis could have lied to Sidious for all we know and to me that makes the most sense, I have never heard of one with the ability to gain power wanting to share it.

That's what he thought.

Immortal does not mean you cannot be killed, just able to live forever, he was going to teach Sidious the ability to bring back the dead so they can keep each other alive.

That's what he thought.

Immortal does not mean you cannot be killed, just able to live forever, he was going to teach Sidious the ability to bring back the dead so they can keep each other alive.

That sounds reasonable, I just can't help but wonder why he would choose someone so sadistic like Palpatine as his apprentice in that case.

That sounds reasonable, I just can't help but wonder why he would choose someone so sadistic like Palpatine as his apprentice in that case.

My guess is he sensed Palpatine's immense potential & thought he was worthy. Was also thinking he still wouldn't rival his own power. He turned out to be wrong.

Because he thought let a human to lead the Empire and he stayed behind to control would be better. Unlike many other Sith, he knew he could not do everything by himself even with immense power.

Edited by Slowpokeking