Revan & Boarding Party Hard Mode

Boarding party isn't terribly difficult. What i find EXTREMELY annoying is this stupid as **** system where you get locked out of the instance when you complete the quest. If you manage to kill the main guy before both the others are dead and wipe, you're screwed. If you manage to kill all of them all, the chest will most likely bug out anyways.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boarding party isn't terribly difficult. What i find EXTREMELY annoying is this stupid as **** system where you get locked out of the instance when you complete the quest. If you manage to kill the main guy before both the others are dead and wipe, you're screwed. If you manage to kill all of them all, the chest will most likely bug out anyways.

And it bugs you from then on I think if you got the Weeklies Mission from the Mission Board. We went to do HM Illum and for about 30 minutes it was giving us problems like not letting us in (saying our flashpoints had to be reset) and then when we finally did, the fourth person in the group was getting bugged to where they couldn't see invites.

Boarding party last boss is all about positioning people correctly. However it is annoying that if you don't kill the middleguy last you most likely bug the lootchest and wont receive loot, which makes the boss a bit harder.

Revan?

We finished him at the first attempt yesterday. My marauder and the healer (a merc) were both level 37, and this is a level 37 FP. At some point he took out both the tank (level 41 jugg) and the other marauder (level 40) but I kept cloak of pain and sabreward up and killed him without losing much health at all.

Now HK-47, he took us 3 or 4 tries. But that was because it was the first time doing the FP for three of us so our tactics weren't very good at first.

Directive 7 has the only hard dps check in the game with Bulwark, every other boss HM is completely doable. Perhaps you should have finished all of Corellia and Ilum story quests before jumping straight into HM's and gotten yourselves some kind of gear. Not to mention the dailies in Belsavis with the free epic armor mods and the enhancements from Ilum and the vendor you should be more than set for heroic tackling.

I'm sorry you find that you have to actual gear up for something instead of being handed loot that is the equivalent of drops from Eternity Vault in your HARD 4 mans. Yes, makes total sense that you should get this gear for free with half the ops requirement. :rolleyes:

Directive 7 has the only hard dps check in the game with Bulwark, every other boss HM is completely doable. Perhaps you should have finished all of Corellia and Ilum story quests before jumping straight into HM's and gotten yourselves some kind of gear. Not to mention the dailies in Belsavis with the free epic armor mods and the enhancements from Ilum and the vendor you should be more than set for heroic tackling.

I'm sorry you find that you have to actual gear up for something instead of being handed loot that is the equivalent of drops from Eternity Vault in your HARD 4 mans. Yes, makes total sense that you should get this gear for free with half the ops requirement. :rolleyes:

The story quests don't give good gear... not good enough, and not from what I've gotten, anyway.

Pro tip: You can outrange Bulwark and he won't move. So he enrages, you run away, and as long as tank has aggro, DPS can range him down (Running out for blasts).

Revan?

We finished him at the first attempt yesterday. My marauder and the healer (a merc) were both level 37, and this is a level 37 FP. At some point he took out both the tank (level 41 jugg) and the other marauder (level 40) but I kept cloak of pain and sabreward up and killed him without losing much health at all.

Now HK-47, he took us 3 or 4 tries. But that was because it was the first time doing the FP for three of us so our tactics weren't very good at first.

They are talking about the hardmode level 50 version.

My guild killed last boss in Boarding Party last night the hard way.. Medic, melee, then main boss. It's our 5th time killing them, but we usually kill the main boss first then medic then melee. Easy fight actually once you figuer your strat out for your group makeup. It's not bugged just it sucks that it never drops loot which we are not too happy about.

I think I'm more ticked off that they are more concerned with fixing trivial crap like emoting from vehicles (as previously mentioned) than addressing bugs like Revan doing 10x the dmg he should be with 1 broken ability.

Boarding Party might more be in need of tuning than anything else, but I really don't think that encounter is working as intended and would love to hear some Dev feedback on the encounter if it is.

That's Heroic Boarding Party.

I can say, it was nothing like that when I tried it. These guys are barely getting hit by Massey & the explosions. This makes me think it has been nerfed, but who knows. Maybe I just rolled with healers with less gear.

Revan and Boarding party are killable:

-To kill Boarding Party bosses you can do what we did; Kill Engineer then the commander, you will get quest completed and get your token, chest will be un-lootable however.

We have tried to kill this boss in the correct order and on top of the chest with no luck but one of our hard mode groups actually managed to loot it somehow.

-Revan can be killed ONLY if you have an assassin in your party:

DPS Revan as normal to 50% this is when he will do his 1st Lightning Storm, keep bruning him down.

-At around 30% or 10seconds after he finishes his Storm cast your assassin needs to Grab aggro and pop his "shield wall" (the spell that lasts 3seconds).

-Revan will channel Lightning Strike (this is the ability that 1-shots), interrupt it and DPS him down.

-Revan will 1-shot 2 people shortly after, no way to deal with this unless you have a 2nd Assassin.

-Bring Revan to 11% wait untill he does his 2nd Lightning Storm AOE.

- As soon as his storm ends burn him down to 4% and prey the script triggers correctly.

We killed Revan yesterday with jugger tank, sorc dps, merc dps, sorc healer. Decent gear is also required tho. With T1 helm rest of the set T2 and Rakata Bracers/Belt, Rakata Stim, Adrena and good timing on endure pain + invincible i could take 2 hits.

But yes its impossible without a assassin if the Juggernaut dosent reach 27k hp with his cooldowns