Thank you Bioware! Group Ranked has revitalized the Ranked atmosphere.

septru

Regs don't come with a rank attached to it. Groups mixed in with pugs in ranked would be disastrous.

People q sync now and effectively turn solo ranked into group vs pug.

Why would it be disastrous if there was only one q for ranked knowing that?

You're the one that doesn't get it.

A group formed of 4 complete randoms would not stand a gosh darn chance against a group of 4 seasoned, prematched people on voicecomms. At that stage, what is the point of tying a competative edge to it, if it isn't competative?

Just like in regulars where groups regularly stomp all over pugs, also q syncing in solo happens all the time, so it has been effectively group vs pug for as long as ranked has been around anyway. How would having only one q really change that?

Just like in regulars where groups regularly stomp all over pugs, also q syncing in solo happens all the time, so it has been effectively group vs pug for as long as ranked has been around anyway. How would having only one q really change that?

Because in regs, there is no regulated element that is supposed to be competative.

Honestly, you are either trolling or extremely ignorant. I think we're done here.

A group formed of 4 complete randoms would not stand a gosh darn chance against a group of 4 seasoned, prematched people on voicecomms. At that stage, what is the point of tying a competative edge to it, if it isn't competative?

The competitiveness is derived from the fact that there are multiple higher-class teams queueing at prime time.

Like, there has to be teams which are "food" in the queue as things stand today. None of the serious teams want to queue in setups where they would be on farm. Having people in it for the mats, ranging from absolute farm-tier to lower-mid range teams, makes the more serious players form groups and join in.

It really is more enjoyable, and I know that there are some more TR groups forming because of it. It really did change things in team ranked for the better.

That hasn't got anything to do with the post you quoted.

And these people don't want to be in there, they are forced in there. The rewards could just as well be cosmetic and while that wouldn't get you as many free kill teams, it would make the whole experience better for everyone.

In the past they just havnt tried hard enough with the rewards.

That, and announcing them only 3 weeks before the season ends is dumb.

People q sync now and effectively turn solo ranked into group vs pug.

Why would it be disastrous if there was only one q for ranked knowing that?

Which has been a problem for years that would immediately be solved by cross faction queues. Then again, my opinion has always been anything ranked that involves teams in any game shouldn't have a solo queue.

It's not a perfect situation but I haven't seen the group ranked queue pop this much since season 1. I'll take the games, and a monetary incentive to queue up. It beats /whispering for two hours for a game or two. Edited by EnzoForMe

Because in regs, there is no regulated element that is supposed to be competative.

Honestly, you are either trolling or extremely ignorant. I think we're done here.

I am neither, I just don't agree with you. if ranked q's worked the way that they are supposed to, then people would be matched up with players of similar ranks to what they have. Then the teams would be matched with other teams that are made up of similarly ranked players. How is it trolling or ignorant to believe that with a system like this that there only needs to be one q.

Edited by Exly

Don't ask me what it is. I'm not a crafter. But to my understanding, a certain material to create the new augments can only be obtained through ranked.... and as of right now there is a bug with solo ranked so everyone has turned to Group Ranked.

You might not know of this latest trend but it is MAGNIFICENT. Granked has been revitalized! And not only for the great players that have had teams for years and set up specific days to have another team que against them... As of recently you have had all types of players join granked. I've seen some (really really bad) pves. I've seen some really bad reg players. I've seen some reg stars. I've seen some solo ranked players. I've seen legit teams with a real comp.

I am dead serious when I say that there were close to 15 teams in que Friday night, and another 10 tonight. It was to the point that players were on fleet "LFG for GRANKED!" :eek: To the point where you can que up for 10 matches and still go against a completely new team.

And heres the great thing..... everyone is satisfied. The crafters will get their augs. The regs players will get to experience ranked in a de-stressed environment where no one will curse them out. Solo ranked players will get their arena with out the toxicity. No more throwers, que syncers, backfillers, powertechs that will completely bring the team down. Legit granked teams will finally able to have their competition while not constantly loosing to the same team.

Sure some players are getting farmed and some are throwing purely for the matts, but that doesn't matter. The point is that more teams are queing for ranked which has revitalized it's atmosphere so that more casual players and midlevel-skill pvpers will que for ranked. You might farm another team one match but there are now enough teams in que so that the next match will be competitive. You might be farmed one match but there are now enough teams in que so that the next match will be competitive.

And here's the next great thing.... players are actually learning how to play the game. Players that have no familiarity with the ranked system and might not necessarily have the skill to play ranked are getting better. Every time they que up for granked they learn more about how to play the game IN A NON-TOXIC ENVIRONMENT.... And the more they learn how to play, the more they will want to play.... and the more they will want to play the more money you make.

Now sooner or later you will fix the solo-ranked bug and players will migrate back to Solo ranked. However, before you do that ask yourself, how was such a prosperous and appeasing era reached.... Granked. It would be great to see some rewards not found in any other part of the game implemented into granked.

Yea, you the man.... They need to eliminated the leaderboard is what they need to do.. and reward player based on matches play.. your first paragraph sum it all... no need to write an entire novel..

I guess it is as easy as: the more people queue, the better. Reason being that the probability of having a good game rises with the number of games.

If people join for non-competitive reasons (like a mat) you get the teams that don't really mind losing, which is essential for a healthy population, seeing the trend of dominating teams drying out the queue.

I have to agree that group ranked removes a lot of issues solo ranked has, provided you really queue with mates. I actually had a blast.

I think in the current situation it's quite aweful.

Just a whole ton of people not trying, and a couple taking advantage of it so they can boost their egos later.

There are a lot of teams that try in queue. They have incentive just like the farmers, only their incentive is free rating not free credits. Team ranked is alive, like it or not. I haven't seen you with any teams in queue, maybe that's why you're so salty?

There are a lot of teams that try in queue. They have incentive just like the farmers, only their incentive is free rating not free credits. Team ranked is alive, like it or not. I haven't seen you with any teams in queue, maybe that's why you're so salty?

Why would that make me salty?

I have no vendetta with team ranked, but the only reason it is active now is for all the wrong reasons.

Making people do **** they dont like will only go well for so long.

Tell me now, how much patience would you have with bioware if suddenly thr only way for you to obtain any armorings hilts and barrels would be hm and nightmare ops? Because that is exactly what is happening right now.

Edited by Evolixe

Well, it's not as restrictive as you make it out to be.

It's NiM ops / Group Ranked / RNG / GTN, and with each passing day it's getting cheaper to buy the materials. It's not nearly as bad as it was when it first came out.

And on a personal note, I've yet to come across a team that didn't try to win and just suicided for mats.

Its actually funny to see the trend like in 3.0 ppl pugged NiMs cause they were overleveled. Prio operations in 4.0 came out, everyone farmed HM ops. CXP came out, ppl farmed heroic mobs, KP adds, Fractured, Chapters 1 and 2, Hammerstation, Dailies were credit bugged everyone did dailies and now this.

Isnt it obvious to Bioware? Dont they see the trend? I mean people do the content IF THE REWARDS ARE GOOD!

So please, follow this trend and increase rewards for stuff, so people do stuff!

Well, it's not as restrictive as you make it out to be.

It's NiM ops / Group Ranked / RNG / GTN, and with each passing day it's getting cheaper to buy the materials. It's not nearly as bad as it was when it first came out.

And on a personal note, I've yet to come across a team that didn't try to win and just suicided for mats.

They are still inflated as **** by an army of exploiters.

Those mats arent worth more than a million a piece without any of that.

I refuse to take part in an economy where the biggest exploiters get the most gains.

I would just like to point how rapidly the serious teams graduate from the mat farming bracket after which you stop seeing them unless there's literally no other actual teams in the queue.

I played a lot of games with friends on Friday on one of my snipers. The first 3 were against teams that were not competitive. But after those first 3 games every single game played was against experienced pvpers running good classes in competitive games. Haven't seen a mat farming team on that character since.

Edited by yellow_

I would just like to point how rapidly the serious teams graduate from the mat farming bracket after which you stop seeing them unless there's literally no other actual teams in the queue.

I played a lot of games with friends on Friday on one of my snipers. The first 3 were against teams that were not competitive. But after those first 3 games every single game played was against experienced pvpers running good classes in competitive games. Haven't seen a mat farming team on that character since.

This matchmaking system has never worked, not even a little bit.

Just because you are seeing people you know trying to win the game doesn't mean they are playing what they would like. Fat chance that even IF you see me enter group ranked, I'm not going to be in a comp I really expect to win tons of games in.

Only reason I started doing ranked is because of the mats.

Now it's definitely the most fun I am having in SWTOR.

I have to thank the devs for prodding me out of my pve comfort zone, and thank the pvp community for being awesome. I did get removed from one group when I was on my madness sorc ('no sorcs, sorry') but that is understandable. And I found another group and we won the next one anyways.

Bit sick of Baron Deathmark, I have to say. Give him a holiday; lets have some intro and commentary from;

i) Giradda's pessimistic and confused protocol droid

ii) Random Gammorean Guard standing in for other hosts who are passed out drunk

iii) Jos and Valk squabbling over the mic and arguing - 'Jos! They're doin it wrong!'

iv) Jarg and Sorno - 'He should aim for that little guy' 'Which guy - they're ALL little' etc.

v) Colonel Vorgath - he can say anything - his voice is HILARIOUS to me

...I could probably think of some more, but I have to get to the arena.

Yeah. I haven't gone up against a mats faming team on my PT since my first 10 games.

Yeah. I haven't gone up against a mats faming team on my PT since my first 10 games.

I agree. When I play we hit like *maybe* 1-2 mat farmers the rest are competitive games. When you gets decent rating you don't face any farmers. On Harb there is always many teams in queue... i have never seen it more active. It's refreshing.