Another slight sentinel nerf...

heechJunzi

- Other classes get massive game changing nerfs that completely ruin current builds and reduce damage and healing output as well as survivability drastically- Marauders respond with constant 'deal with it lol, l2p'

- Marauders get a nerf that even they say is slight after topping RWZ for half a year- QQ train at full speed ahead!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

- Other classes get massive game changing nerfs that completely ruin current builds and reduce damage and healing output as well as survivability drastically- Marauders respond with constant 'deal with it lol, l2p'

- Marauders get a nerf that even they say is slight after topping RWZ for half a year- QQ train at full speed ahead!

I assume you're talking about the range nerf on powertechs/vanguards? or the 30% debuff applied to everyone in pvp? Oh you must mean the Healing nerf on Shadows/Assassins which still allows them to have top damage protection and 60k in self heals including high heals of 1500+? Not really sure what nerfs you're talking about. Oh maybe it's the 7k backstabs out of stealth that were cut down to 4k-5k, with an additional follow up of 4k and a 4 sec stun lock.

Just because the title says (slight) doesn't mean we all agree it's slight. I think it's pretty major and once again affects both PvP and PvE. This is why I usually don't post in the forums because you can't have a discussion about changes without someone crying QQ!

Edited by Drazzen

Everybody knows Focus is broken...seen a fresh 50 do 500k...

Whats the ability called Force Sweep? does like 8k crits.

Wrong facts. No recruit gear can do 8k sweeps. Not even wh geared on light arrmo wh geared. Only in pve geared, but if you go with pve gear in pvp you are asking for it.

They always complained about Marauder/Sent self heals, now all the Watchman/Anni players are going to Focus/Rage, that's mean TOTAL BURST AOE in WZ :D

As Usual, BioWare, working as intended.

(Yes, I'm a Sentinel, Yes I play Focus/Rage, Yes I think it is OP, Yes I agree for a nerf.)

Obviously a PvE nerf since it was already the least viable marauder spec for PvP. A horrible change for PvP in my opinion and it's rage/focus that needed to be toned down.

Once again PvE taking priority over PvP. An unfortunate truth.

I had actually avoided Focus/Rage as a matter of personal pride, I found it boring/simple spec to play, and while more productive from a damage standpoint, I thought my heals cancelled it out. I.E. I was ok with doing 100k less damage, if I also was doing 100k heals on top of my damage.

But now? Focus here I come...

To anyone happy about this nerf, know that the number of lolsmashers in WZs is only going to go up.

I had actually avoided Focus/Rage as a matter of personal pride, I found it boring/simple spec to play, and while more productive from a damage standpoint, I thought my heals cancelled it out. I.E. I was ok with doing 100k less damage, if I also was doing 100k heals on top of my damage.

To anyone happy about this nerf, know that the number of lolsmashers in WZs is only going to go up.

Pretty much how I felt and annihilation was my favorite spec to play. Only in regular WZ's of course but with a nerf to healing which is going to make 100K heals near impossible to hit now... what's the point?

There's still the middle tree.

Pretty much how I felt and annihilation was my favorite spec to play. Only in regular WZ's of course but with a nerf to healing which is going to make 100K heals near impossible to hit now... what's the point?

Exactly. Woot! 40k healing! Cause that will be super useful. Now the only thing I will miss from Watchman/Anni is the 0m Force Leap. But hey, now I will have 2 leaps that maximize the value of my Vindicator set bonus...

Yes. REALLY. An annihilation marauder can heal himself upwards of 20-40% of his HP in a long, drawn out fight, not counting the 18% heal from berserk that can be popped every 20-30 seconds. Now these self heals have been cut by half.

Indeed, cutting self-heals in half is a big deal.

Annihilation was the weakest of the three for rated warzones - yet another PvE-inspired nerf.

Full, Full War Hero with Elites and 600+ bonus damage, cannot hit for 8k.

Stop your BS.

Lol. There are tons of examples and pics where people have 8k crit. And even if U never have managed 8 k. I'm sure u have managed 5-7k? that is waay too much aswell

Maybe now, but not before the nerf there pal.

Even before the nerf they were the least viable sentinel spec in competitive ranked games, ask anyone who plays ranked competitively. It doesn't fit into the meta of calling a target and bursting them down, and good healers cleanse dots. And it's obviously good 1v1 but it can't off-node guard without stealth and will lose to a good scoundrel or shadow when they get the stealth opener. It's great for 1v2ing bads which might be their justification for the nerf, but doesn't really have a place in competitive play right now. It's sad- it's probably my favorite and best spec. Now I'm always either focus or combat in rateds depending on what the team needs and on the warzone that pops.

Edited by JediMasterSLC