What class will feel least gimped leveling on PvP alone from 10-49?

Heezdedjim

Just curious if there is any class that would be able to stumble through low PvP from the start, if you wanted to level a toon on nothing but PvP from 10-49. Also, at low levels, what should you do as far as gearing and stats to make the most of a toon that has basically no toolset to work with?

Just curious if there is any class that would be able to stumble through low PvP from the start, if you wanted to level a toon on nothing but PvP from 10-49. Also, at low levels, what should you do as far as gearing and stats to make the most of a toon that has basically no toolset to work with?

VG/PT. They are bloody ridiculous in the lowbie bracket.

I think pretty much all the melee classes don't get better till higher levels. Marauders are great at level 50, not so much at 15 when they have so few of their skills. I'm leveling an assassin through PVP only, and it takes till level 30 at least to get real good. Same with scoundrel. I'd say snipers/gunslingers do really well at very low levels and are the best class to level solely through PVP. Also may want to try a vanguard though personally I just don't find that playstyle enjoyable.

I honestly thought my DPS Sage was easy mode in lowbie PvP. You're pretty squishy, and there is nothing you can do when you're level 19 and some level 49 Jugg gets all up in your grill, but considering how bad some of the people are in lowbie, the amount of time you get to spend free-casting is ridiculous.

In pretty much all mmos in the lowbie brack dot classes with mobility are king. I have leveled all classes now and Sorc was definitely the best in the lowbie bracket most of the time. Now if you fight a twink lowbie premade then sorc won't be as deadly but you will still get good kills and dmg. With mostly pugs, bad healing or lack of any healing, and lower health pools the sorcs dots are insanse. Also, with lower burst dmg at that range it means it is pretty easy to avoid dying. I had many many 0 death rounds.

Now of course sorc is weaker at 50 than some other classes though (still best at the chart imo).

Another great lowbie class was arsenal merc. If you played smart you were rarely targetted in lowbie pugs and freecasting with the other teams lower healthpools and dmg mit cds meant ppl died fast. Although arsenal merc is also pretty bad at 50 (until you get great gear so you drop recruits super fast lol).

Vguard was great but most lowbie vguards that pug are just laughable to me. Mine was prob my 3rd fav lowbie class (and best 50 class) after merc and sorc but most vguards i see suck. Unless they twink then ya deadly.

Sniper gets great in the 20s and especially the 30s. go mm spec.

The war classes get great in the low 30s imo but for most people they aren't good till 40 and most people are horrible in them until then. idk you but that is something to think about.

I guess vguard would be the safest bet since its a great lvl 50 class and a good lowbie one.

I honestly thought my DPS Sage was easy mode in lowbie PvP. You're pretty squishy, and there is nothing you can do when you're level 19 and some level 49 Jugg gets all up in your grill, but considering how bad some of the people are in lowbie, the amount of time you get to spend free-casting is ridiculous.

^This^. You'll often look very impressive on the scoreboard too.

Edited by RAVM