All dark lords lightsabers.

Smoczeoczko

Hello im just notcied now lol...

All dark lords in movies use single lightsaber? Why noone using dual lighsabers or double-bladed lightsabers?

-Spoiler Alert- Even in new movie noone using another lightsaber than single one...

What you think about it?

Sorry for my english.

indeed maul is double and can use it as single hilt or dual sabers.

in clone wars which are canon ventress and savage use double as well

anyway in the movies 4-6 there are very few force users left so its nothing unusual they mostly use single hilt :p

None of those are Sith Lords.

No, Ventress and Savage weren't but Maul was as the apprentice to Sidious.

Savage was apprentice of both Darth Tyranus and Darth Maul.

As part of Maul's plans, Opress became a Sith Lord, but he was forced to become the apprentice—submitting to his brother, the Master—in accordance with the Rule of Two.

check your knowledge then speak.

(Some) ppl like dual wielding and dual sabers for the looks of it. But actually, having a single saber has more advantages, so my guess is the Dark Lords of the Sith usually went with functionality over looks :cool:

P.S. I like the looks of dual wielding better myself, but that doesnt mean it's better than single wielding.

Don't think Maul was a proper Sith apprentice the way Vader was - in the short time between the death of Mace Windu and when he god chopped up and roasted.

He has the apprentice of Sidious for decades and just because Sidious replaced him it does not mean he is not a sith anymore. Once a sith unless you say you are not a sith then you are a sith and Darth Maul never said that.

Now a dark jedi considering himself a sith it another deal but the other way around. For example Darth Revan and Darth Malak where true sith because they where made sith by a sith who was made a sith by another sith.

And Darth Revan and Darth Malak named other force users sith so they where also sith. So Darth Maul was a sith.

Savage was apprentice of both Darth Tyranus and Darth Maul.

As part of Maul's plans, Opress became a Sith Lord, but he was forced to become the apprentice—submitting to his brother, the Master—in accordance with the Rule of Two.

check your knowledge then speak.

Let's look at the rule of two shall we? One master and one apprentice, that's Sidious and Dooku. Maul was replaced when he was cut in half. He was no longer a Sith Lord according to the rule of two.

Oh never i think about Darth Maul like Dark Lord lol :). I always think about him like apprentice.

I am just sad because i can't see another lightsaber than single one..

If you're not counting apprentices then you have only seen one Dark Lord's sabre and that is Sidious.

Let's look at the rule of two shall we? One master and one apprentice, that's Sidious and Dooku. Maul was replaced when he was cut in half. He was no longer a Sith Lord according to the rule of two.

No that means that the master screwed up the rule but it does not mean he was no longer a Sith Lord. You know what the rule of two says about replacing your apprentice because you thought the other one was dead?

Nothing absolutely nothing. Really Darth Bane really did not think the rule trough.

No that means that the master screwed up the rule but it does not mean he was no longer a Sith Lord. You know what the rule of two says about replacing your apprentice because you thought the other one was dead?

Nothing absolutely nothing. Really Darth Bane really did not think the rule trough.

The rule is very simple, one master and one apprentice. If you're not one of these then you're not a Sith Lord.

The rule is very simple, one master and one apprentice. If you're not one of these then you're not a Sith Lord.

Yes, what better way of maintaining control then just having one master and one apprentice. Though there was a rumor that Sidious was master to both Maul and Tyranus without them knowing about it.

Hello im just notcied now lol...

All dark lords in movies use single lightsaber? Why noone using dual lighsabers or double-bladed lightsabers?

-Spoiler Alert- Even in new movie noone using another lightsaber than single one...

What you think about it?

Double bladed saber was used by Darth Maul, as mentioned above. Also, he was a Sith. Now, strangely enough, dual sabers was a technique used by Jedi in the movies. If you watch Attack of the Clones, Anakin uses dual sabers against Dooku, and in the arena scene, there are several Jedi in the background who are using dual sabers. So, canonically speaking, Single saber is the standard, Double Bladed sabers is a sith style, and dual sabers is a Jedi Style. The only one outside of the Jedi to use dual sabers that I am aware of is Ventress, but she'd be considered a dark Jedi rather than a sith apprentice due to the Rule of Two.