The 10 second force barrier laugh

Vassise

Seriously noobs, you're on 5% health, you're against 3 other players on your own, no where near any of your team mates

DERP HURURRR FORCE BARRIER U CANT HIT ME IM IN A FORCE BARRIER DERP DERP DREP

The funny thing is when the 3 people pause and stand there ready to use their execute ability.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So while those 3 derps standing there waiting for the force barrier to end and hit me with their execute ability my team is at the opposite door/pylon/turret capping, yeah I like it :)

It can also be specced to heal so I may be at 10% health before it ends pop my force mend, back in the game :)

Edited by JFerret

Seriously noobs, you're on 5% health, you're against 3 other players on your own, no where near any of your team mates

The funny thing is when the 3 people pause and stand there ready to use their execute ability.

Clearly not mad.

If they delay you three for that long, you're idiots.

So while those 3 derps standing there waiting for the force barrier to end and hit me with their execute ability my team is at the opposite door/pylon/turret capping, yeah I like it :)

It can also be specced to heal so I may be at 10% health before it ends pop my force mend, back in the game :)

Yeah, that a good use of it.

This. You've taken 3 of their guys out of the fight for ten seconds, a very long time in PvP, for the price of one of yours. That's a win.

This. While your 3 players are waiting 15 seconds to take me out it is now a 7 on 5 on the other side. Way to go team players.

Why are you trying to make these bad players better? I love it when they use Barrier like that, I kill the rest of the team while they watch in the protective bubble just waiting to die. Keep using force barrier the way you guys are its working.

To OP: This is why you end it somewhere between 8-9.9 seconds (if you're trying to stall so the rest of the team can do something else, otherwise you can do it sooner for added unpredictability) before throwing a grenade at the 3 warriors and then sprinting around the nearest LOS before they can get up, popping unnatural preservation/bubble during the sprint. Heal more when around the LOS and they have to chase you.

Even if you still don't get a peel, you keep those 3 warriors busy by yourself a good 15-30 seconds longer than they would have been otherwise.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

They're using force barrier wrong and you are just bad at pvp.....

Advise to the sorc (sage):

1. Dont waste the CD if death is imminent. Just respawn and get back to business.

2. Dont wait until the full 10 seconds is up before attempting to get out of dodge. Pop out early to give yourself the element of surprise - overload, WZ medpack, force speed, unnatural preservation, resurgence. A lot of times using force barrier, gives me enough time to get unnatural preservation off CD and allows me to use it again.

Escape is not always successful, but when done right I've got a pretty good shot at it. If the rest of your team is incompetent or if your the only healer, yea...your pretty much screwed.

Advise to you:

1. Question: Does it really take 3 of you smash monkeys to finish off 1 lowly sorc? Thats pathetic...

2. If there are other targets available nearby, don't waste your time waiting for the sorc to come out of his barrier. You're potentially missing out on DPS to another enemy (probably with low health) or another pesky healer (probably healing the sorc in his barrier). Switch targets and be ready to come right back to that sorc once you notice him out of his barrier. Ususally switching targets will cause him to come out anyway and if he's good he'll be able to escape from you and heal back up using the method described above regardless.

3. Don't choreograph your next move. Let him think he'll be safe and left alone, then get right back to tunneling him. My new favorite thing to do to a sorc/sage once he pops force barrier is to let off him, stealth, then circle back to him. He thinks (or hopes) he's safe and I open back up on him - finishing him this time.

1. Dont waste the CD if death is imminent. Just respawn and get back to business.

2. Dont wait until the full 10 seconds is up before attempting to get out of dodge. Pop out early to give yourself the element of surprise - overload, WZ medpack, force speed, unnatural preservation, resurgence. A lot of times using force barrier, gives me enough time to get unnatural preservation off CD and allows me to use it again.

Escape is not always successful, but when done right I've got a pretty good shot at it. If the rest of your team is incompetent or if your the only healer, yea...your pretty much screwed.

Advise to you:

1. Question: Does it really take 3 of you smash monkeys to finish off 1 lowly sorc? Thats pathetic...

2. If there are other targets available nearby, don't waste your time waiting for the sorc to come out of his barrier. You're potentially missing out on DPS to another enemy (probably with low health) or another pesky healer (probably healing the sorc in his barrier). Switch targets and be ready to come right back to that sorc once you notice him out of his barrier. Ususally switching targets will cause him to come out anyway and if he's good he'll be able to escape from you and heal back up using the method described above regardless.

3. Don't choreograph your next move. Let him think he'll be safe and left alone, then get right back to tunneling him. My new favorite thing to do to a sorc/sage once he pops force barrier is to let off him, stealth, then circle back to him. He thinks (or hopes) he's safe and I open back up on him - finishing him this time.

This.

If it's a healer, leave a person on it, and have them build rage/focus by using strike on the bubble. Then Vicious Throw/Dispatch for an easy kill.

If it's a DPS, and they're at 5%? Leave them. I can almost guarantee they will run off and spend another 30 seconds healing up instead of respawning. Then when they come back, they're low on force, and no longer have lulbarrier. Free kill.

Believe it or not I quite frequently make out alive in those scenerios. Pop my 30s heal and a warzone heal and I'm good to go. More often than not though I pop it to waste someones time cuz its like an aoe taunt. All the herpa derpers can't resist waiting to kill you while your team caps. Hilarious honestly.

Best AOE taunt EVAR

Advise to you:

I dont know why youre directing your post at me, I never said I was one of the three people. And i never said anything about smash monkeys.

Now you look silly.

....They're using force barrier wrong and you are just bad at pvp.....

Exactly what I do when facing bubble. I will focus something else then kill when bubble comes down.

I'm a pure dps sentinel -- But IMO the best use of force barrier at this point is poping it early on, like right when you start getting focused -- Or simply delaying a node cap.

EDIT: However, multiple sages/sorcs on comms coordinating their barriers can be quite devestating to the progress of the enemy team.

Edited by Elevatedd

I dont know why youre directing your post at me, I never said I was one of the three people. And i never said anything about smash monkeys.

Now you look silly.

You are right, you did not say you were involved. I'll redirect any negativity toward your pvp ability.

You said 3 people waiting to use execute. Execute is a marauder ability. Marauders are smash monkeys ;)

I only feel half silly =P

You are right, you did not say you were involved. I'll redirect any negativity toward your pvp ability.

You said 3 people waiting to use execute. Execute is a marauder ability. Marauders are smash monkeys ;)

I only feel half silly =P

Well i meant the "only hits when target is below 30% health" ability for some classes ;)

20% if you cast a bubble as well.