Orange Items - Things with Mods

essell

Hi,

I have a question about the Orange items that take mods.

Are their stats just a function of the mods? Or do they have some inherent "base" stats?

Would two items with identical mods have exactly the same stats and only look different?

I've tried testing these questions in-game but there are too many variables!

thanks

essell

Where can I find a thorough explanation for mod use? I'm finding it all just too confusing.

Basically:

- Hilts, Blaster Barrels, and Armouring mods all have Ratings for Damage or Armour. They set the basic armour or damage values of the item they're slotted into, along with the item level.

- Other items just add other stats straight out.

- You can remove mods from items with mod slots, recovering the mods; there is a credit cost to this.

- You can slot in new mods for free any time; should you do so without first removing an existing mod the existing mod is destroyed.

- Some mods may carry usage restrictions, such as on alignment or level. That restriction carries through to the item they're slotted into.

- Any given mod slot takes a particular type of mod. You can't put a Modulator in an Enhancement slot.

- A full set of on level top quality mods should be on par with top quality items.

- Crafters can get schematics for Custom items for nearly any model, letting players choose from basically every appearance.