KP Fabricator Puzzle halting/freezing in 16-man HM

We were running KP 16-man HM last night and on the fabricator fight the puzzle was not letting us move the pieces back and forth after the first trigger.

Are we missing something in this HM 16-man version that is different?

Why would the puzzle pieces freeze?

Breakdown:

1. turn on the fight

2. solve puzzle once and fire down on the fabricator

3. try to move pieces off the right side ... frozen ... cannot move first piece off

4. after waiting about another 30-45 seconds the puzzle unfroze and we could move the pieces around

this was our first time on 16-man HM KP.

Is the puzzle mechanic different or it makes you wait longer before moving the pieces?

thanks.

I take it you are using three people to press the buttons up top. What you might be missing is that in 16-man, there is a debuff applied to the last person to press a button that prevents him from making the next action. This means that the person who pressed the fire button got the debuff and someone else was required to make the first move on the next puzzle.

It's up to you on how you want to solve that added feature.

Edited by Codek

We were running KP 16-man HM last night and on the fabricator fight the puzzle was not letting us move the pieces back and forth after the first trigger.

Are we missing something in this HM 16-man version that is different?

Why would the puzzle pieces freeze?

Breakdown:

1. turn on the fight

2. solve puzzle once and fire down on the fabricator

3. try to move pieces off the right side ... frozen ... cannot move first piece off

4. after waiting about another 30-45 seconds the puzzle unfroze and we could move the pieces around

this was our first time on 16-man HM KP.

Is the puzzle mechanic different or it makes you wait longer before moving the pieces?

thanks.

Only done the 16 man in Normal (it's probably the same), but there is something else going on. I suggest you look at your detrimentals while you click. There is a way to deal with it. I suspect they intend for there to be 2 people at each station, but it's not necessary if you can figure out how the debuff works.

Only done the 16 man in Normal (it's probably the same), but there is something else going on. I suggest you look at your detrimentals while you click. There is a way to deal with it. I suspect they intend for there to be 2 people at each station, but it's not necessary if you can figure out how the debuff works.

Three for the switches and one floater works best I have found. The floater just goes from switch to switch to reset the debuff.

We use 3 button pushers, and each time the fire switch is pressed, everyone rotates to the left, so the same person is firing the switch at all times. If someone mis-clicks or screws up, the button pushers automatically rotate. It's a smooth system that works flawlessly. Also, all of your button pushers should be people who are capable of healing themselves.

My guild also does not stop to put dps on the boss during burn phases. We solve the puzzle continually. Since we have done this, fabricator has not enraged.

I take it you are using three people to press the buttons up top. What you might be missing is that in 16-man, there is a debuff applied to the last person to press a button that prevents him from making the next action. This means that the person who pressed the fire button got the debuff and someone else was required to make the first move on the next puzzle.

It's up to you on how you want to solve that added feature.

thank you. I was not aware of this.

It would also explain why we got stuck when someone moved a piece that they shouldn't have.

Thanks! all is clear and we shouldn't have a problem now.