Just Build the Death Star Already

MrSteak

I hate queuing for pvp and ending up loading into Aleraan, only to have to quit because my computer can't run it once the guns start firing. It's choppy, it's laggy, and the speeders don't load fast enough for me to actually hop on and get back into the game. I've gotten to the point where I don't even try anymore and just quit the moment I load and try to get another WZ going. This brings me to my second point:

Why is there not an option for me to opt out of queuing for Alderaan? I realize that it makes up 33% of the available maps, but I don't care, I don't want to waste my time loading it if it's just going to be unplayable. Just let me wait for a game of huttball or voidstar (which run just fine) instead. I don't think Alderaan should be removed by any means, I'm sure it would be fun if I could use more than 3 skills in a fight before lagging to my death, I just want the option for me personally to ignore it automatically rather than waste my time loading five consecutive games of it and having to abandon each one.

In hindsight it's kind of a wonder that the option to play the gametype(s) you want to play and ignore the one(s) you don't got completely overlooked.

Why is there not an option for me to opt out of queuing for Alderaan?

Because the system was designed badly. What do you expect them to come out and say? Whatever they say can be translated into "We screwed up"

Cross server Q's are imminent, with that it will bring more splits to the brackets based on valor as well as the option to choose a warzone. Devs a have already stated that choosing warzones will not be in UNTIL they implement cross server.

Ignore the trolls, tons of people have high end machines and ILUM, Fleets and Warzones still run like crap in those areas.

Because the system was designed badly. What do you expect them to come out and say? Whatever they say can be translated into "We screwed up"

Cross server Q's are imminent, with that it will bring more splits to the brackets based on valor as well as the option to choose a warzone. Devs a have already stated that choosing warzones will not be in UNTIL they implement cross server.

Ignore the trolls, tons of people have high end machines and ILUM, Fleets and Warzones still run like crap in those areas.

That's terrible news, but at least it's something. Unfortunately I guess I'll have to grit my teeth and keep abandoning Alderaan.

That's terrible news, but at least it's something. Unfortunately I guess I'll have to grit my teeth and keep abandoning Alderaan.

Or you can grit your teeth, save up a little, and get a new PC, instead of blaming the developers for a problem which is obviously your fault, not theirs.

Or you can grit your teeth, save up a little, and get a new PC, instead of blaming the developers for a problem which is obviously your fault, not theirs.

3GHz Quad Core Processor

Dual GTX260s (total of 1792MB of VRAM)

8GB DDR3

There hasn't been a game to come out since I've built this thing that has dropped below 30fps except in the most extreme circumstances (hello, 50v50 PvP Rift cluster****s). Most games sit at a nice 60 fps (including Skyrim with all settings maxed and mods to further improve the graphics).

Alderaan? 10fps if I'm lucky. Voidstar averages 20fps and Huttball about 25fps. Ilum never gets above the single-digits if I'm anywhere near the fight.

An odd note: my FPS in warzones is 5-10 higher in sub-50 PvP. My theory is that the models for level 50 armor have more animations (I know that the 50 assassin chest has a crapton more detail than what I'd been wearing).

In hindsight it's kind of a wonder that the option to play the gametype(s) you want to play and ignore the one(s) you don't got completely overlooked.

That sucks, no doubt about it. I'd suggest playing around with your settings, maybe going for some of the cheaper system upgrade options if you can afford it.

As for the why you can't pick a specific warzone? Well that's a simple one. Queue times. On a heavy population server, it'll work. On the lower population ones not so much. As a staffer recently pointed out, you may like a certain BG, it doesn't mean everyone else will.

It's like when I use to play WoW, I could get into WSG's all day, but not an AB to save my life unless it was an AB weekend.

I hate queuing for pvp and ending up loading into Aleraan, only to have to quit because my computer can't run it once the guns start firing. It's choppy, it's laggy, and the speeders don't load fast enough for me to actually hop on and get back into the game. I've gotten to the point where I don't even try anymore and just quit the moment I load and try to get another WZ going. This brings me to my second point:

Why is there not an option for me to opt out of queuing for Alderaan? I realize that it makes up 33% of the available maps, but I don't care, I don't want to waste my time loading it if it's just going to be unplayable. Just let me wait for a game of huttball or voidstar (which run just fine) instead. I don't think Alderaan should be removed by any means, I'm sure it would be fun if I could use more than 3 skills in a fight before lagging to my death, I just want the option for me personally to ignore it automatically rather than waste my time loading five consecutive games of it and having to abandon each one.

I'm sorry your computer is god awful.

I'm sorry your computer is god awful.

And what were his specs again? I'm curious how you came up with your trollololol comment mr bridge dweller? Jesus this game has SOOO many of you running around its sickening. It's like the whole SWTOR population is 13 years old.......are there no adults here anymore? SHEESH!

I have the same problem with that warzone. 5-10 fps while I get good fps in the others.

My solution is to build a time portal on the surface of the planet at the exact point the death star hits the planet. If we can set the date correctly we won't have to wait for them to build the death star!

And what were his specs again? I'm curious how you came up with your trollololol comment mr bridge dweller? Jesus this game has SOOO many of you running around its sickening. It's like the whole SWTOR population is 13 years old.......are there no adults here anymore? SHEESH!

Some of us are adults yes. Unfortunately they don't have a "Write in crayon" option yet. Here's to hoping though...