First time healing Operations

So after running hard mode flashpoints for a week, getting all my gear together im finally geared to heal Normal EV, but my GM says(we've done a ton of runs together already) that he wants me to heal both HM and normal mode EV, i asked him if i was geared for hard mode, he said no, but he says, everyone including him know that im def skilled enough for HM despite the fact im only geared for Normal EV.

With the recent nerfs to stats,(It was either power or surge) im concerned, iv never done EV. although im a very fast learner and a decent healer. (Im an operative healer btw)

You guys think i can heal Hard mode EV? (Im all 128+ ilvl now)

If you've been running HM Flashpoints for a week you should have enough gear (few columi pieces) from there be geared enough for HM EV.

The one issue will be that you won't know the fights but as long as enough people in the group do, can explain it to you, and you can pick it up relatively quickly. Nothing is really that hard to understand (particularly for a healer).

depends a lot on your other healer as well

having a good, experienced, geared second healer with you will make a ton of difference

if you're both running for the first time with varying levels of confidence in your gear, expect a wipe or two

Gharj is also tough if you lack health. The healing on the fight is easy but say the next platform is behind him and you need to run through him to get to it, you will die if you don't have 15-16k health.

Don't run through his pounce/frenzy. Ever. Don't be "pro" and try to time it. Why risk it? Just run through the lava. Even if you take a wide route and stop to dance and swim, you're only talking 4-5k damage.

We do 16man hard mode. We're constantly bringing undergeared people and some of them are healers. We have very few issues that are gear related. It's usually folks new to the encounters (which is ok) or folks that just always stand in fire (which is not ok).

Don't run through his pounce/frenzy. Ever. Don't be "pro" and try to time it. Why risk it? Just run through the lava. Even if you take a wide route and stop to dance and swim, you're only talking 4-5k damage.

We do 16man hard mode. We're constantly bringing undergeared people and some of them are healers. We have very few issues that are gear related. It's usually folks new to the encounters (which is ok) or folks that just always stand in fire (which is not ok).

hm...yeah, i saw people running through the lava, infact i watched all the HM fights and memorized them.

The most gear-dependent fight, imo, is annihilation droid. If you have low HP or survivability, it's going to be hard to keep yourself up during the missile salvos, especially at the end. And the lock-on mechanic could one shot you as well.

Not a huge issue in hardmode, but it is in nightmare.

HM EV is a sinch to heal. I went in with mostly modable gear with 51 mods and a few champion pieces. The hardest fight is the Droid, only bc of the enrage timer(our group was horribly geared at first), and I pretty much single healed the fight, minus the barrages. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th bosses are super easy to heal. Soa is a different story. But you can do the first 4 bosses with no trouble.