*Spoilers* the console and Elara

Geeorgedk

Now the reason I'm asking this may be a bit weird, but it's all in the details for me. I've noticed that Fallen Empire companions that make a return aren't the same as 'vanilla' companions in that they don't give conversation affection points, but also, and this ircks me quite a bit, they don't open their mouth when you click on them.

This could either be a bug or intended, or something they might fix in the future.

It does kill immersion for me a bit, makes them more pet like than they already are.

I have 2 question concerning this, and I prefer knowing beforehand than risking it on my trooper:

1. If I use the companion console, do I get the 'vanilla' version of Elara

2. If I use the companion console and do in fact end up with the 'vanilla' version, what happens when I meet Elara later on in the story? Do I end up with 2 Elara's or will one replace the other? If one is replaced, which one will be removed?

Now the reason I'm asking this may be a bit weird, but it's all in the details for me. I've noticed that Fallen Empire companions that make a return aren't the same as 'vanilla' companions in that they don't give conversation affection points, but also, and this ircks me quite a bit, they don't open their mouth when you click on them.

This could either be a bug or intended, or something they might fix in the future.

It does kill immersion for me a bit, makes them more pet like than they already are.

I have 2 question concerning this, and I prefer knowing beforehand than risking it on my trooper:

1. If I use the companion console, do I get the 'vanilla' version of Elara

2. If I use the companion console and do in fact end up with the 'vanilla' version, what happens when I meet Elara later on in the story? Do I end up with 2 Elara's or will one replace the other? If one is replaced, which one will be removed?

I've only ever used the console to get back companions who haven't been re-introduced yet (Andronikos and Scourge) and they both have their normal "click on me" open world commentary. They're not going to have any sort of conversation approval because they're not meant to be there yet, so it's not programmed for them.

I would imagine once they do return, they'll just be replaced by the returning character. It will be interesting to see if I lose any custom outfits I've put on them in the meantime. It's something to note for sure, and to look out for.

I didn't have any issues with unlocking Niko Ocarr and Shae Vizla at level 1 just to get their crap out of my inventory, lol.

Edited by Dracofish

I've only ever used the console to get back companions who haven't been re-introduced yet (Andronikos and Scourge) and they both have their normal "click on me" open world commentary. They're not going to have any sort of conversation approval because they're not meant to be there yet, so it's not programmed for them.

I would imagine once I've put on them in the meantime. It's something to note for sure, and to look out for.

And this brings up a questions/suggestion I have. Just tell us already which companions are not coming back. If it was a potential love interest that is not coming back the Alliance Commander needs to be notified by someone that "we regret to inform you ...blah blah blah"

If they are all coming back, can you get on with it. And can we get off this traitor storyline. I used to play every toon through every new chapter. I'm not playing past kotet anymore until this traitor stuff gets settled and we get more story. I've just gone back to the original class stories and playing through on new characters. Which is fun since it's been so long since I played the class stories.

And this brings up a questions/suggestion I have. Just tell us already which companions are not coming back. If it was a potential love interest that is not coming back the Alliance Commander needs to be notified by someone that "we regret to inform you ...blah blah blah"

If they are all coming back, can you get on with it. And can we get off this traitor storyline. I used to play every toon through every new chapter. I'm not playing past kotet anymore until this traitor stuff gets settled and we get more story. I've just gone back to the original class stories and playing through on new characters. Which is fun since it's been so long since I played the class stories.

I've heard rumors that not all characters are coming back for every class...that we might end up with some only coming back for their original class. I'm not sure if that's true of all of them, or just some...or if there's any truth to any of it. But, some of the characters they might have a hard time sticking in the Alliance and having it make sense.

One example I can think of is Andronikos. He's not an Imperial, and he's not with the Republic. He's a free spirit. Why would he get mixed up with the Alliance, other than only for his Inquisitor (and a romanced one in particular)? And then, after that, how the bajeezus do they spin where he's been for the past seven years? At this point, these missing (romance) companions have been gone so long, that it makes NO SENSE. Everybody knows who the Commander of the Eternal Alliance is. They can't say they've all be in jail (like Quinn).

Edited by Dracofish

One example I can think of is Andronikos. He's not an Imperial, and he's not with the Republic. He's a free spirit. Why would he get mixed up with the Alliance, other than only for his Inquisitor (and a romanced one in particular)? And then, after that, how the bajeezus do they spin where he's been for the past seven years? At this point, these missing (romance) companions have been gone so long, that it makes NO SENSE. Everybody knows who the Commander of the Eternal Alliance is. They can't say they've all be in jail (like Quinn).

Maybe Andro got caught up with the wrong crowd looking for his SI and they put him in carbonite and then we actually have to rescue him and so then he "owes" us a favor and joins up? Let's make all companions MIA stuck in carbonite and all come back at the same time. :D

I've heard rumors that not all characters are coming back for every class...that we might end up with some only coming back for their original class. I'm not sure if that's true of all of them, or just some...or if there's any truth to any of it. But, some of the characters they might have a hard time sticking in the Alliance and having it make sense.

Well, they make it sound like a lot of the force users went to far off places without the word of mouth. However, I have to agree, but I thought that a long time ago, once the PC face was plastered everywhere.

Thanks for answering. So going by what you said, the latter version will always replace the earlier version then?

BW probably never tested this as it's not the normal way to go. I'm still wary though.

I'll probably make a new commando and go through it, if I can stand going through it all again. It's a shame they did this though. Companions are an integral part of the game.

Thanks for answering. So going by what you said, the latter version will always replace the earlier version then?

BW probably never tested this as it's not the normal way to go. I'm still wary though.

I'll probably make a new commando and go through it, if I can stand going through it all again. It's a shame they did this though. Companions are an integral part of the game.

I think BW is of the opinion that companions are all fungible. If so, they were a bit wrong based upon the reaction they got.