Give my force stun back

KarterJK

Did you ever hear a Sage say "ooooo, I have to much distance on my Force Stun, please mr. programmer reduce the it?[B] NOT

[/b]

So, who was complaining? Could it be some Imperial PvPer, whiners that they are, that was complaining of being stunned for a whole 6 secs?

I play a healer sage, one of my moves a Force Stun, had its distance reduced not by 1/2 but by 2/3's. I spent extra tree points just so the cool down would be less. It is the only tool, I have if I am being pummeled in a OPs, to briefly halt the onslaught, so I can re-coop. It used to be 30m now it's 10m, it renders it almost useless. Why, even have it?

WHY MUST I BE PENALIZED because some PvPer whined that they think it is to unfair?

To hell with them and give my Force Stun back. Why should I even have to spend 2 points to reduce its cool down to begin with?

Bioware thought consulars/troopers having 30m instant stun weren't fair, so they reduced it to 10m and removed the force/ammo cost. You really shouldn't accuse players for whining just like that, I've never actually heard anyone complain about the range of stuns, and as commando healer I got no problems with the range reduction

its ********.. and a scoundrel scarpper is melee so dont compare please.

From playing yesterday this is a HUGE nerf, and I have no protection from gunslingers now.. im getting popped hard because i lift they break, then i have nothing because in balance tey are ranged so my roots dont allow me kiting and at 35 metres ranged they have me dead before i can get out of range.

It is a MASSIVE nerf, no two ways about it., and to a class strugglign to survive it was necessary for us to have as protection.

If they wanted to not makign it OP with other new skills the stun should be speccable to 30 metres in the balance tree, to even out the fact balance has very little survival skills compared with telekinetics stun bubbles, root knockback etc.

I think the dev team did more than enough to compensate for the reduction in force stun range by making force speed a root breaking/ CC immune ability. It is a little OP now IMO, so I don't complain at all.

I really have not noticed the range of Force Stun being an issue;

I think the dev team did more than enough to compensate for the reduction in force stun range by making force speed a root breaking/ CC immune ability. It is a little OP now IMO, so I don't complain at all.

I notice it all the time, and just tonight I noticed it in PvE as well, basically where I wanted to stun an npc that was dealing damage and the tank was taking a fair amount of damage. So had to run 20m just to stun the npc all the while I'm supposed to be keeping the tank alive and falling a bit behind.

It is unfortunate when what is likely a 'pvp' nerf ends up hurting PvE.

As a RANGED sage healer in PVE, having our stun reduced to 10m makes it virtually useless. Our lift has a long cast time so force stun was our only ability to control incoming damage on initial pulls to stay alive in ECHM trash clears. While I understand the need to reduce it for PVP, why mess up PVE healers ability to do their job? I am very dissapointed in this change. Perhaps Bioware needs to have a different skill tree for pve and pvp - trying to balance both in one tree is faililng miserably and destroying the pve experience.

It does hurt Jedi Sages and Empire mirror class A LOT. All attacks are 30m, all heals are 30m. Running to the tank 20m to stun and than running back wastes a lot of time... Its a HUGE nerf and sadly, it was a bad move and makes this skill absolutely useless in combat. They might have as well just removed it, would be the same thing for Sages...

Jedi Shadows will probably not notice it as they are meele anyways, so it works for them, but Sages should have kept 30m stun.

I have been leveling up a sage seer with a friend who is running a vanguard and that stun was very useful at 30m. Not only to slow down some damage but also I could stun a target and give him the ability to use his rail shot (i think that's the one he can only use on stunned targets) now it's pretty much non-usable because there is no way I am going to run into 10m just to use it. Life will go on but it was definitely a big hit for a sage healer. The Force Mend and Force Speed are a much appreciated survivability improvement but even those changes make it abundantly clear all these were meant to balance PvP not PvE. Edited by theborch

• 4 weeks later...

1.Force run always broke stuns....

2. you only get immunity as a healer! it is very high up in the tree!

3. you need the range because you as range fight melee and range! it is absolutely necessary and part of the DPS cycle.(It's also one of our badly needed kiting spells!)

4. All melee have abilities to get to their enemies to deal with ranged problems. Sorceress are now the only class basically with no ranged defense! It was our ranged defense and an essential part of our build.

I'm sorry but I really really don't like force running in a range vs range fight to hit a freaking enemy with stun to curb DPS. just makes me take more. 5m is find if you have the bonus but 20 is not! it's a ludicrous nerf to sages and the people that did it have no idea of the practicalities of fighting a as a sage. Sages should get it back with out question to 30m. I don't know about the other classes because I do not play them.

It is now a melee only stun. When it was by necessity a melee and ranged stun because we are ranged and must fight both. It was a long enough timer as is. 1minute. other classes get a hell of a lot more stuns and shorter times than we do. It has no bearings on balance and completely unbalanced what little was there for a sage to utilize in combat!

Edited by Aital

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with all the people saying that the reduction in force stun's range is complete bs and weakens the sage. Take for example the fight against Lord Vivicar at the end of Chapter One. It is absolutely essentiel to interupt his big dot, otherwise it will practically one-hit you and your companions. For sages that requires running up to melee range of the boss. It's a lot easier not to mention safer to be able to interrupt enemies and bosses from a distance, as sages aren't built to fight in melee. It's a load of crap to force a ranged class to close to short-range just to interrupt those big damage attacks that enemies and bosses will throw at you. If I wanted to play a close-range or melee class I wouldn't have picked to play a sage. Ty Bioware for screwing up an awesome class. And goodbye too, you just lost another customer.

I too, agree that the 10m stun was a HUGE nerf to Sages/Sorcerors for all the same reasons that are described by posters above me. It dosen't make any sense for a ranged dps or healer to have to close so much distance to use the ability, so now it's pretty much useless unless you can use it as a melee range defensive ability, which is not even supposed to happen really, that's why it's called a RANGED class.

It's really like they just completely took away a whole ability.

I'll have to remind myself to jump in on a few Wazones and just run around force stunning and force waving people every time the cooldowns are done.

• 8 months later...
ditto the stuns are now super outrageous makes pvp unplayable / unless ur a smuggler or op they can stun stun stun and u cant do nothing resolve bar dont work bubble dont work to protect u so what do u do...... i know dont play pvp

ditto the stuns are now super outrageous makes pvp unplayable / unless ur a smuggler or op they can stun stun stun and u cant do nothing resolve bar dont work bubble dont work to protect u so what do u do...... i know dont play pvp

Holy necromancers batman!

Oh and this thread is the opposite to what you're saying. They want more effective stuns, not less stuns, go learn to play your class, any good sage shouldn't get stunned by most classes.

Its not the end of the world for me that Force stun has a shorter range. However, it makes spending points in Mind's Eye a less viable option. Force stun is my backup interrupt when fighting boss and elite level mobs so I see no reason to increase the distance between me and the guy I have to be 10m away from if he tries to excute a deadly move.