Cilas NEEDS You!

Cilas

So, I received a fail response from bioware to my request for information on instance population caps by planet. To be more accurate, the response I received was borderline insulting... But I suppose typical.

THAT BEING SAID!

I request the help of approximately 120 people to help me test the instance caps on every planet accessible by both factions.

Guild leaders or officers, please see if any members are interested and then contact me with the number of people willing to assist.

I would prefer not to, but I am willing to put up my own money for your time. I would guess it will take 1-2 hours to complete this task but once complete, this information will assist in the locations for world PvP events.

Edited by Cilas

Are you still planning on doing this tonight Cilas? I ask because there doesn't seem to be much of a response here and figured most had contacted you in game.

Also, what are your plans in checking the planet caps? I would think you'd need a good amount of people to get reliable results but idk for sure. Thanks.

In game name?

Yes, still plan on doing this tonight

Any specific time frame or starting planet? I plan on PvP'ng with some friends but figured I'd Q from the planets in question and move as your group moves to a different planet. Didn't know if you had planned on everyone being in a group together, maybe form a /cjoin channel to relay information back and forth between multiple groups, or something other than just going to planets to see when the instance caps over. Feel free to either contact me in game or through your thread, I'm sure I'll see both. Thanks again.

Edited by Master_Nate

I honestly haven't received a whole lot of responses, but plan on dragging people around anyways.. It may not happen but I want to try.

I plan on starting with the daily locations starting with ilum and then move planet to planet

Okay sounds like a plan. I mean, some planets will be easy to see the cap right? Say I go to Hoth and there are two instances. The instance I am in currently has 80 people....I switch over to instance 2 at this point and see 45. I'd think it would be a safe assumption that the level cap is around 80-90 if there are no other instances. Not certain but I'm sure some assumptions can be made through this trial and error process.

Sure you won't get the exact number per planet but at the very least perhaps it will shed some light on which planets can hold the most, thus illustrating what you are trying to accomplish. How many planets are there to choose from where PvP is even accessible? Sounds like finding this information out, at peak hours, won't be too hard to find.

PvP Planets:

Nar Shaddaa is really the first planet where PvP is possible. it’s not really until you reach 30 before you can go to the areas where you will see the other side.

Tatooine is kept pretty separate though accessible, except for the Dune Sea where PvP is rather common and you are sent on quests to areas where the opposite side frequents (Czerka dig site is a shared dungeon where pvp is quite common).

Alderaan starts out separate, but the questing zones intermingle and you frequently see other players from the opposite side.

Quesh – It’s split down the middle

Hoth – Intermingled questing areas

Belsavis – Start separate (but accessible)

Voss – a shared outpost inhabited by the Voss (meaning the speeder pad and quick travel points can be used by either side).

Corellia – Starting areas completely separate. Main questing areas are kept separate

Ilum – Shared PvP Area . Questing areas separate but accessible by either side.

Information concerning planets I found online and parsed it for easier reading. It's not new information but information for reference.

I know that I've seen 70 or so in Section X without a second instance but I still feel like the cap is around 80-90 an instance for later planets. That may be faction cap only....that's another metric to find out lol.

Hopefully a spot will be found but after last weeks turnout, it's hard to imagine any planet holding that many players at once with the current caps :(

EDIT: Check your inbox on this site, I don't want to burn out any eyes with my walls of texts. :o

Edited by Master_Nate

in-game name is P'chuli, I put up a shout on our guild website but most of us will be at work/school for several more hours yet so it's too early to expect responses; hope to be logging in around 7-ish Eastern myself. I appreciate what you're doing for Pot5 - hell, we should be paying you

Just remind me if you see me online, Cilas. I'll be glad to help, and will mention it to other MoX people as well.

Name I run on mostly is Gìllies. The first i is alt-0236. Drop me a line, I'll probably forget on my own. Getting old and what not.

yeah sorry again that we weren't able to show up but we had an operation sheduled (yeh yeh I know, stupid pve) and not many people online to begin with (geez, real life is even worse than pve)

but I'll try and poke some of my guildies for sunday.

do you have any idea about a time frame yet?

Edited by amnie