Aleeha

After about 50 attempts and a hell of a lot of coffee/willpower, I finally defeated him as a lvl 46 marauder. That guy is relentless!

Wouldent advise taking him head on, cd's dont refresh quick enough and after a short while he'll just nuke you to bits, ended up just running in with Charge, battered him a few times, sent Jaesa in my place and kited him around the pillars, getting a few shots in when neccesary and just generally getting a few DoT's on him. It'll take a while but it worked for me. The key is not to get caught up in his storm ability and his immobilising ability which shouldnt be too hard providing you kite him.

Good luck! I hated this guy :cool:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rolled him up in one with my Immortal Juggernaut. I rolled with Vette as my companion, juggled him with stuns and interrupts, while Vette blasted him into a cloud of charged particles. I really think this is a fight that goes better with more DPS and less healing.

Quinn's AI prioritizes healing himself over anything else, so the two biggest hints I can give you are:

1) Don't fight anywhere near Quinn, and don't ever let yourself get in a straight line between Quinn and your enemy. This prevents aoe from hitting Quinn, and prevents you from being knocked back to Quinn, and then Quinn getting hit by aoe centered on you. It is imperative you do not let Quinn get hit by the aoe as he will stop healing you for what seems like an eternity.

2) Only interrupt one of his abilities. Either interrupt his dot, or eat his dot and interrupt his lightning blast. If you eat the dot, you MUST interrupt his lightning blast. His lightining blast auto crits if you are dotted. You can avoid his aoe attacks. If you're a Juggernaut, you can probably get away with keeping both the dot and lightning blast locked down. If you're a Marauder, just focus on keeping the lightning blast locked down, would be my suggestion.

This helped me a lot. Definitely interrupting the lightning made a huge difference for me.

• 3 weeks later...
I was tank spec and had Jeasa with me. Killed him with 85% of my life left without stims. Just interrupted and then he was down. Wish i could give you more tuips but yes perhaps use a dps companion instead to bring him down before you get to the point were you only have one interrupt available sicne the others are on cd.

• 3 months later...

Hello. I'm having trouble reading this thread.

- What is a CD?

- What does it mean to be 'dotted'?

- What are these different types of Sith fighters that you all are talking about (immortal marauder etc.)?

I'm a level 49 marauder and have not been able to get past this for months. I think I've blown like a hundred thousand credits on armor repairs. Clearly I need help but your codes confuse me.

Thanks either way.

• 1 month later...

I killed him after 4 tries as lvl 46 jugg, had jaessa out.

The key is to interrupt his spell with orange icon, altough its good to int every his spell, and if you miss to interrupt, just hide behind pillar and he will stop casting and come to you, by that way you buy yourself some time.

Hello. I'm having trouble reading this thread.

- What is a CD?

- What does it mean to be 'dotted'?

- What are these different types of Sith fighters that you all are talking about (immortal marauder etc.)?

I'm a level 49 marauder and have not been able to get past this for months. I think I've blown like a hundred thousand credits on armor repairs. Clearly I need help but your codes confuse me.

Thanks either way.

CD is ''cooldown'' it is time that takes your ability to refresh.

''dotted'' means to be afflicted by dot(damage over time) spell, bleeds, burns and etc.

immortal-vengeance-rage are talent trees of a juggernaut and

carnage-annihilation-rage are talent trees of a marauder

• 2 weeks later...

I had done this encounter twice pre-1.2 with a healer sorc and then a deception assassin. The first time took me at least eight tries. The second was easier because I knew what to expect. That took maybe 3 or 4 tries, all at 47 or 48, because I do a lot of planet and side quests.

I did it again last night with a 48 vengeance jugg. I had Jaesa decked out with 5 orange armor pieces all with resolve 21 armor and 20a mods, and my jugg had mostly the same level might armor. Jaesa was a machine for DPS. I beat on the avatar with my usual offensive cooldowns, used defensive cooldowns when I taunted aggro to keep Jaesa alive, then repeated with saber ward after using heroic moment. Don't miss vicious throw when he gets low on HP.

It was close, but I did this on one try. Max your gear with at least blue quality, use your interrupts carefully, and make sure you swap aggro back and forth with your companion. Pick your taunt points and use defensive CDs when you do.

Scoundrel Healer with Corso Riggs tanking, easy fight as usual. :cool:

I don't know if you've ever tried this fight on an Imp toon but it's one of the hardest fights outside of a FP/Op. For some reason he is MUCH harder to fight on Imp side and is a joke on Rep. I've soloed him on both sides and almost always end up helping other Imps when I'm leveling toons there. I enjoy the challenge on Imp side but not sure why BW made this fight so drastically different difficulty wise for Imps vs Reps.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a hell of a time with this guy.

I consider strategies. Kiting, DPSing him down, keeping him away from Quin, or using a DPS companion. I make sure my gear is up to par. I'm overlevelled.

I run in. He Force chokes, DOTs me and charges his AoE at the same time. As ssoon as I touch him I've got a 3k per sec dot on me, and as soon as I interrupt, he just recasts immediately. My health is gone in the first 3 seconds of the fight.

I'm a Sith Juggernaut. I'm really not sure what I'm doing so horribly wrong, I didn't have this much trouble a year ago on my Inquisitor.

I'm having a hell of a time with this guy.

I consider strategies. Kiting, DPSing him down, keeping him away from Quin, or using a DPS companion. I make sure my gear is up to par. I'm overlevelled.

I run in. He Force chokes, DOTs me and charges his AoE at the same time. As ssoon as I touch him I've got a 3k per sec dot on me, and as soon as I interrupt, he just recasts immediately. My health is gone in the first 3 seconds of the fight.

I'm a Sith Juggernaut. I'm really not sure what I'm doing so horribly wrong, I didn't have this much trouble a year ago on my Inquisitor.

For him to get all that done immediately on engage makes it sound like you're bugged. Surviving this encounter with any class is based on not getting hit with both the dot and his main attack. You need to be able to use your interrupts to break his attack chain, and you aren't getting the chance. You may want to reset the encounter and see if that fixes you getting blistered on engage like that.

What server are you on?

For him to get all that done immediately on engage makes it sound like you're bugged. Surviving this encounter with any class is based on not getting hit with both the dot and his main attack. You need to be able to use your interrupts to break his attack chain, and you aren't getting the chance. You may want to reset the encounter and see if that fixes you getting blistered on engage like that.

What server are you on?

Ebon Hawk

Turns out I was bugged. As soon as I brought someone in to help me, he returned to his 'normal' behaviors and he was down in seconds.

I've had this happen a few times, where enemies sometimes don't have cooldowns on their abilities. It's frustrating to have a non-elite healer-type mob suddenly become immortal because he can heal himself faster than you and your companion (3 levels higher than him) can damage him.

Only happens while I'm solo.

• 4 weeks later...
If this is the hardest fight while leveling, I'll believe it . I just did this fight with a boosted lv. 55 Agent Operative on the test servers and the avatar still killed me the first time, lol . You should have seen my face, my mouth was open in shock . Next time I just attacked him to build aggro them ran around like a frightened 6 year old while Ensign Temple attacked him. After a few seconds, I got the message to speak to him again, and was he was kneeling down with his 1 hp . That was the second time my mouth opened in shock as the fight went so fast . I rewarded Temple with an orange blaster after that for saving my behind .