Option do disable guild control and stronghold entry message box.

Darth_Furian

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed, because after the bloody things working properly for a while they're back to randomly bugging out again.

Personally I'd be fine with the SH entry notification being removed altogether. If you could just...wander into someone's SH out in the world that would be one thing but since you can't do that it's rather redundant for the game to tell me what SH I've entered when I travelled there intentionally.

• 8 months later...
Is there still no option to turn this off or even move the box? I'm noticing half the time the box doesn't fade completely or it just stays on unless I relog. I want this to go away. If we are forced to see this box for some reason at least fix it so it is not bugged and fades out properly.

• 11 months later...

Old thread - but the same issue, it's been years and there is no sign that anything will change.

A quick note for those who can't get the (useless and annoying) ownership box to disappear - you don't have to re-log to get rid of it, just reset your UI

(Ctrl-U to remove the UI, and then Ctrl-U again to bring it back)

I'd like to see these gone as well (still, think i replied to this years back). These boxes are great at getting in the way of our already cluttered screen... At-least let us change the position of these in the UI manager, do it's not middle of screen. Edited by Kiesu

Almost 4 years ago I posted in this thread:

I agree. Please make the message part of the UI, something that can be moved or disabled.

Which guild controls a planet isn't something I'm wondering about when I go to a planet. I understand that guilds participating in Conquests need that information, but I don't.

I really don't need to see a message telling me that I'm in my own Stronghold every time I go there.

My opinion -- like the situation -- is unchanged. The "feature" is annoying, often bugging by not fully fading away.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
I don't care about conquests or who controls the sector. Right now i am only for the story.

There should be an option to fully customize popups.

Sometimes this messages stay until you relog.

it's been asked, over and over, several threads full, but no one has commented on it, afaik, not sure why, wether they can't, or just refuse to fix/change it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Fast forward another 5 years and still no option to disable this message.

The worst part is now it's bugged and frequently gets stuck on the screen and won't disappear until you ctrl-U to reload the UI.

I haven't played for a few years, just came back to SWTOR and it's frighteningly comforting to see some things haven't changed, like bugs that are "features".

• 4 months later...

Just a reminder Bioware, when you do crappy lazy bad UI and UE design, it still annoys people, even if they've had what, 7 years to "get used to it."

Having instances of poor game design in the game to go along with the bits of good game design doesn't make the good design look better. It just makes the game designers look sloppy.

Edited by Ramalina

• 5 months later...