[Spoiler] Why does the Empire worship the Emperor if..

Onyxus

Why does the Empire worship the Emperor if he intends to consume all living things in the galaxy? This obviously includes the Empire, so why do they aid him?

Just realized I should of put this in Story and Lore....

Edited by Onyxus

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does the Empire worship the Emperor if he intends to consume all living things in the galaxy? This obviously includes the Empire, so why do they aid him?

Cuz he's a da freakin Pope ya know? Wait...wait...I sense something terribly wrong with this statement...hmm.

The Jedi Knight is the only player character who gets to know about the Emperor's real plan. There's no hint of it in anyone else's story. If any Imperial players knew, there'd be no way they could continue to support the Emperor. Hence...

Lord Scourge, the Emperor's Wrath, leaving him to join the Jedi Knight. He knows the Emperor's plan, and risks everything to oppose it.

They do a good job of making the Empire seem worth fighting for, for the Imperial classes. But none of them could continue to support the Emperor if they knew his plans.

Simple answer to the question, they don't know. He doesn't tell anyone about it.

Edited by nateslice

No sane Sith would follow the Emperor if they were aware of his plans. "Sane" is the keyword. Mind you, Emperor is a master of mind control of what you should be well-aware after playing Jedi Knight.

I bet Sith Warrior will be the one to strike Emperor down ;)

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Most peole never ever saw him in person.. as Political figure he is the empire savior not the end of it.

No one knows about the emperor plans save for Lord scourge and Revan. The other sith and the Imperial guard close to him are under his control. His influence, brainwhased if you will.

Edited by Spartanik

It's explained a bit in the JK story on Belsavis.

As the Emperor himself says, "there is no death, there is only the Force, and I am its master." He wants to finish the ritual he started a millenium ago and turn himself into a god. His followers believe that after he destroys this tainted world, he will create a new, perfect world, and raise those who were loyal (or their souls, it's rather metaphysical) from the dead to live again.

Of course he might just be lying, but there you go.

Actually, as far as I can tell, the sith that do know and support him are not actually insane.

They are deluded and evil, but neither of those makes a person insane.

The few people in game we meet who know of his plans are pretty brainwashed.

It's also written about in the book "Revan":

A Dark Council member tells Scourge of the Emperor's plan, and tells him that many DC members are planning to stop him, but in the end nothing happens because 1. Sith infighting 2. They're cowards 3. The Emperor sends his goddamn Imperial army to purge any DC member he suspects of plotting against him.

Eh, it's been a while since I've read the book, so the above is just from memory. Feel free to correct any mistakes I've made.

Because he plays a mean jazz solo every time somebody comes to question him.

People come in all angry, flustered and like "ooh, don't devour the galaxy, brozef, we need it on Tuesday for Sarah's Sith graduation" and he just whips out his saxophone and jams until you totally mellow out and are, like, down with the galaxy dying to serve his immortal hunger or whatever, man, like, why must we always fight, dude? Peace.

But that's just a theory. Play the Sith Alternative Rock Musician's or the J(edi)-Pop Star's campaign till the end and you'll see this for yourself.

Sorry, spoilers :D.

All the dark council members know what the emperor is planning to do thanaton told them in exchange for the darth title.

Imperial Agent spoilers

If you sided with jadus he tells you he knows of the emperor plans and is leaving to prepare for it and he gives you his power and authority while he is is away.

This is irrelevant now: Rise of the Hutt Cartel confirms the Emperor is for all intents and purposes dead and not coming back. Playing through with a Sith warrior, I found that the emails I got at the end of the story were basically retconned. The Jedi Knight ended his threat. The Sith Warrior's title is ceremonial as per Makeb NPCs

• 4 weeks later...
Thanaton told the Dark Council about the Children of the Emperor, but I remember nothing about him telling them about eating the galaxy.

And I would think the Sith would be more about Power Metal than Alternative Rock. And the Jedi would probably do disco or something.

Now you've given me the image of Bruno Mars, Jedi Knight, against the Fall Out Boys of the Sith. Thanks so much. :eek:

All the dark council members know what the emperor is planning to do thanaton told them in exchange for the darth title.

Imperial Agent spoilers

If you sided with jadus he tells you he knows of the emperor plans and is leaving to prepare for it and he gives you his power and authority while he is is away.

...except it was like waiting for the button to be pushed with nothing happening.

• 1 month later...
This is irrelevant now: Rise of the Hutt Cartel confirms the Emperor is for all intents and purposes dead and not coming back. Playing through with a Sith warrior, I found that the emails I got at the end of the story were basically retconned. The Jedi Knight ended his threat. The Sith Warrior's title is ceremonial as per Makeb NPCs

Not quite, the sith warrior has the option to tell Marr that the Emperor's hand has confirmed with him that the Emperor is dead in body (Voice) but not in spirit and that he will return when he has recovered his strength.