astrobearx

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they don't they look horrible!

That's only your opinion.

Thanks, have a nice day :)

The early stage of what is known... is only optics and those are nice in my opinion... We will see, how that turns out in playstyle.

Edited by JPryde

I dig 'em. I wonder if they will have voice overs... I hope they do. I know there isn't really an objective but it would be nice to give these arenas a bit of context. This is a story driven game after all. :cool:

I agree. I adore the Huttball voice over, and I think its nice that the WZ seem to have a bit of context to them rather then just a random battle :)

I dig 'em. I wonder if they will have voice overs... I hope they do. I know there isn't really an objective but it would be nice to give these arenas a bit of context. This is a story driven game after all. :cool:

i think there will be voice overs, this is a bioware game;furthermore, i think there will be some objectives.

That's only your opinion.

Thanks, have a nice day :)

My opinion is that with the current state of SWTOR pvp, arenas will be about as competitive as Clayfighter was on the SNES. It was technically a fighter with tournament modes, but who played it over Street Fighter 2(other MMOs)?

My opinion is that with the current state of SWTOR pvp, arenas will be about as competitive as Clayfighter was on the SNES. It was technically a fighter with tournament modes, but who played it over Street Fighter 2(other MMOs)?

well, your sentiment can apply to all aspect of this game tbh. wow does what swtor does (in the gameplay department) way better except for the storyline.

Edited by astrobearx

Did you actually look beyond just the pretty colors? Those boxes have LoS written all over them - the garage looks like some Halo bunker designed for a FPS game, not a game that has 3-second casted abilities that break when LoS is broken. They'll be melee dominated maps. If you're a Sage, Commando or a Sniper, stick to WZ's.

Did you actually look beyond just the pretty colors? Those boxes have LoS written all over them - the garage looks like some Halo bunker designed for a FPS game, not a game that has 3-second casted abilities that break when LoS is broken. They'll be melee dominated maps. If you're a Sage, Commando or a Sniper, stick to WZ's.

well the pretty colors is all to go on now hence the "pvp arenas LOOKS...pretty great" not "the arenas gameplay is pretty great"

On topic again: Personally I am interested in how the 4 vs 4 fights will work as far as the dynamics of it and if there will be a ranking system for premade teams.

I'll give you a hint, it involves stuns, the healer, and a not-working resolve bar.

• Dev Post

Good news! Baron Deathmark will be making a return to announce all the brutal Warzone Arena action :jawa_biggrin:

I'll give you a hint, it involves stuns, the healer, and a not-working resolve bar.

lol, well sadly that's part of any MMO PvP as far as I've experienced, but that exists in the current warzones that are 8 vs 8. I would think there would be some differences, but time will tell.

• Dev Post

In such a small, intimate area, LoS and other geometry concerns are valid, but I can assure you that we are adjusting the LoS blockers and general terrain on these on a daily basis to make sure we get them juuuuust right for all parties involved, not just melee and ranged DPS. Sometimes there is just too much LoS for the healers and they can't get off their support abilities because their friendly targets are weaving their way through all the blockers. Point being, it is a balancing act and we are iterating on it every day!

I'm writing up a blog post today (it won't be posted until next week or possibly the week after, gotta translate it and get the big bosses to rubber stamp it) to explain in more detail these Warzone Arenas and our methodology in balancing them. Really looking forward to yall getting your hands on them asap! The feedback from players that have played them already has been overwhelmingly positive! :jawa_biggrin:

Cheers!

I'm excited for this :D

I'm very interested to see how BW handles arena. if we ever get Geonosis or Mandalore as a planet, how awesome would it be to fight in their arenas?

well if i were to based on experience on WoW, then arenas are awesome. the only downside is the fact arenas led to heavy class nerfs

Well for PvP maps yes they look great. It is a good thing that they didn't add to much detail like crates, decals and stuff that is only in the way or waste performance.

Of course they could look way better but that wouldn't benefit this sort of competitive map.

Edited by chuuuuucky

The pictures of the new arenas are nice. In my opinion.

I have nothing to compare them to, though, as I have never once entered any WZ. :t_eek:

then you are missing out! WZ are awesome. the first i played,i was like you i used to avoid pvp until a guildmate invite me into a pvp group and ever since im been hook.

arenas are gonna be either a great or bad thing if they solve alot of the wz bugs before 2.4

Well for PvP maps yes they look great. It is a good thing that they didn't add to much detail like crates, decals and stuff that is only in the way or waste performance.

Of course they could look way better but that wouldn't benefit this sort of competitive map.

actually i agreed that crates, decal and etc are useless in pvp and only pull on resources. i cannot tell you how many time got stuck on a item that is still trying to render

Good news! Baron Deathmark will be making a return to announce all the brutal Warzone Arena action :jawa_biggrin:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS tbh i love that dood:)

wwe need more Baron Deathmark

EDIT how did the mod ninja his post in?

Edited by astrobearx