After 2.0.0b - patch PVP has reverted back to rolling

HuaRya

Ever since my EWH gear was stripped of the expertise I now find the 55's matches much like they were when the over geared players were rolling the newer players.

Not to get too technical but the over gestalt of the war zones are mostly one sided with the dual half premades being matched against pug teams consisting of random casual players.

This wasn't the case prior to this patch and despite the naked players from before the warzones seemed more balanced. Before, random non ranked queued pugs could hold their own against the premades that have teams running 22/7 around the clock. It was a fun moment in PVP and now it seems to have reverted back.

I'm sure the designers did not intend this but if you have played PVP in 55's and have found your matches lopsided (or not) please comment. Hopefully they can mesh what was good before this patch with the current mechanics.

Ever since my EWH gear was stripped of the expertise I now find the 55's matches much like they were when the over geared players were rolling the newer players.

Not to get too technical but the over gestalt of the war zones are mostly one sided with the dual half premades being matched against pug teams consisting of random casual players.

This wasn't the case prior to this patch and despite the naked players from before the warzones seemed more balanced. Before, random non ranked queued pugs could hold their own against the premades that have teams running 22/7 around the clock. It was a fun moment in PVP and now it seems to have reverted back.

I'm sure the designers did not intend this but if you have played PVP in 55's and have found your matches lopsided (or not) please comment. Hopefully they can mesh what was good before this patch with the current mechanics.

2 different issues, broken bolster and premades. The broken bolster allowed pugs to be even against premades, but only because most of those premades didn't have the sense to strip off their gear like the pugs.

Once the premades caught on and started running naked pvp as groups, pugs lost pretty consistently.

At 55 specifically, a lot of the pugstomping guilds that refuse to do ranked pvp (having no pvp rankings), but love a good pugstomping mostly leveled on makeb and were absent by and large from 50-54 bracket. Now they're back and as groups, exploiting the system in whatever way possible, be it naked, or empty shells, or removing augments, or wearing better pve pieces, whatever. This would actually probably be a great time for those guilds to queue up for ranked, but then they wouldn't be pugstompers.

So yeah, 2 different issues, broken bolster and premades, neither one is going to be "fixed" by bioware, ever.

Only "solution" is to group up with other people yourself and queue for pvp. You don't need to be a premade, i.e., min-maxed gear, voice chat, specific class composition, etc. Just queue up with even 1 other person and chances are Very High that you will be matched up against ONLY solo queue pugs, which you can roflstomp. Then when you get bored of that after a few matches, you can go back to solo queue or just not pvp. After all, if you don't need pvp gear to pvp, why bother? Apparently right now you're better off farming 55 HM FPs for the BIS pvp gear.