Question bout gathering skills

Zanguar

Hey,

just wanted to ask crafters - are you buying mats, missions and prints on GTM? I was just wondering if i had only 3 gathering skills whith can give me difrent mats from missions and from gathering on planets will this bring me some credits?

or it is only good if i find rare mats, and comon mats you get from missions for yourself?

Crafters can't buy stuff off the GTN. They're bankrupt as it is - not counting the ones with pre-nerf slicing stashes.

Lowbie gathering stuff might sell well to people who haven't realized this yet, though. I'm sure there's people who think if they can just powerlevel their crafting, they can sell stuff for big bucks. They'll wake up somewhere around the top of grade 2, bottom of grade 3 crafting.

There might also be some trade from crafters offering "mat deals" to their customers. If you just want one of XYZ item, you're a lot more likely to run to the GTN for the mats.

Edited by Kholvan

I buy mats, but there are none on the GTN, indicating others are buying them out as well. You can make a lot of credits gathering mats in the open world (rank 3 and higher).

Sending your companions on gathering missions is a waste of money (including slicing). You need to find a good place to farm the mats you want in the open world.

You cannot farm blue/purple mats with gathering skills. You need "mission" crew skills to get these mats. Even without these though, there is a shortage of green mats on my full server, and you can make good money.

Edited by Ravaran

It makes it so it costs something to learn the better recipes, therefore making them more rare and the items they make worth more.

The mission discoveries grant you one-time mission you can run, they usually take longer, but result in a large yield of all the different types of items that crew skill can get, including purples.

I dont know what you mean by "prints", but if you mean new recipes that you can buy from others, then you just buy them on the GTN or from your friends and use them, and now you have that recipe.