Xalek Customization

Sirokai

So is it the planet you get the companion on the one that sells different skins or is it just scattered in random cantinas? Does this vendor have a special name (like stim vendor ect) or is it just on random vendors in the Cantinas?

I've just never noticed this before. Would like to go back and grab em all eventually just for something to do.

Ilum security key vendor has two for Ashara and two for Xalek (and one for andron/talos each) iirc

Ashara are recolours of her skin/markings, Xalek loses the hood on one, and loses the hood but gains facespikes on the other.

So I have to pay extra RL money to have access to a vendor that sells different looks for Xalek for ingame money? Jesus BioWare milk cows much? The GREED of some companies are so out of hand.

Edited by Mumnoch

So I have to pay extra RL money to have access to a vendor that sells different looks for Xalek for ingame money? Jesus BioWare milk cows much? The GREED of some companies are so out of hand.

Except that's purely cosmetic stuff that doesn't have any effect on your gameplay.

Also authenticators are one of the best things you can buy for your account to ensure its security. You're foolish if you don't think they're worth the money. The customizations are just a bonus. You're not required to do anything.

Except that's purely cosmetic stuff that doesn't have any effect on your gameplay.

Also authenticators are one of the best things you can buy for your account to ensure its security. You're foolish if you don't think they're worth the money. The customizations are just a bonus. You're not required to do anything.

I've been playing MMO's since 1996. I've never had someone steal/hack a MMO account of mine and I've had char's that was the "best-geared of their class" server wide. My point is that I had toon's worth thousands which should of made me a prime target...and yet I've never been hacked. People who are careless with their passwords are the one's who would truly benefit from the authenticators. These are just another way to take money out of your pocket.

On to the cosmetic stuff, I...like thousands like me...play games as much for the story line as the visual quality. Adding things like some 3rd rate free to play MMO is lowbrow at best. I payed good money for this game, why am I not even offered 1 customization for this guy without having to shell out more money? The simple, and logical answer is greed. BioWare is greedy and they will continue to be greedy as long as fools continue to buy "the next best thing".

I've been playing MMO's since 1996. I've never had someone steal/hack a MMO account of mine and I've had char's that was the "best-geared of their class" server wide. My point is that I had toon's worth thousands which should of made me a prime target...and yet I've never been hacked. People who are careless with their passwords are the one's who would truly benefit from the authenticators. These are just another way to take money out of your pocket.

On to the cosmetic stuff, I...like thousands like me...play games as much for the story line as the visual quality. Adding things like some 3rd rate free to play MMO is lowbrow at best. I payed good money for this game, why am I not even offered 1 customization for this guy without having to shell out more money? The simple, and logical answer is greed. BioWare is greedy and they will continue to be greedy as long as fools continue to buy "the next best thing".

You dont have to pay for a security key, android app is free and i imagine the iphone app is the same.

Yeah both apps are free, I downloaded on just for the access to the security key vendors. I do agree that it is dumb, and its really annoying to login. I am like you and have played MMOs for 6 years myself and never been hacked even with very simple passwords and at one point I was sitting in the best gear and over 100k gold in WoW. I was nervous but nothing ever happened. The added security question you have to answer when you log into a new IP is already a huge step in security for those with poor password / virus management.

I believe there are other ways to get companion gear though, I know the collectors edition store has some and I believe the cantina vendors carry pieces, although I have been too lazy to check.

EDIT: I just tried to remove my security key and it is not possible. So if you are doing it for access to the vendors as I did, be aware there is no going back.

Edited by Takachsin

wait so I can download the app and just use a mem-stick to have the security login option, which then will give me access to the security vendors?

It's not a memory stick it's an RSA generator like so many of us use for VPN access at work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I love seeing these types of responses. It pretty much sums up these forums...me included at times.

ITS FREE. LOL!

My point is that I had toon's worth thousands which should of made me a prime target...and yet I've never been hacked.

Congratulations. You just jinxed yourself. Usually the people who say "meh, don't need no authenticators, I've never been hacked" end up getting hacked. Happens in WoW all the time, people think "authenicator lol" and then end up ticketing Blizzard for two weeks to get their things back.

Or, as some shmo once said, "Your overconfidence is your weakness."

Edited by Joshmaul