*Devs* Cyrene Silk drop rate

Tabro

The drop rate of Cyrene Silk (A lvl 1 Luxury Fabric) is absolutely atrocious. I can run 20 Luxury Fabric missions, and get maybe 2 pieces of Cyrene Silk, but I will receive dozens of pieces of Shadow Silk.

I know it's not just me, because there are only 5 pieces of Cyrene on the entire GTN, while there are hundres of Shadow Silk.

I can understand if you want to mix up the drop rate of certain items, but for a lvl 1 Crafting Material? To me, this is highly discouraging. I have a lot of things I would like to craft, but can't because there are no resources.

I'm on Krayt Dragon if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Tabro,

I am sorry to hear you are having an issue with your crafting materials.

I will ask you to submit a ticket to our in game support ticket with this information.

They will help you resolve this matter.

Thank you for contacting us.

Edited by U1-G7

• 1 month later...

I have got to say creating a ticket currently is very deflating indeed .

The vast majority of any replies I have had are thankyou,its been escalated ,goodbye ,closed

Maybe addressing this point first before suggesting spending your time on a ticket would be a good first step .

Tickets get closed with no resolution at all and thus no way to update to see if you have resolved it or not .

Maybe head office know what steps are being taken to resolve tickets but certainly the players are removed from the loop as soon as the ticket is made.

I recently could not continue a class quest and was told in a response to a ticket to keep an eye out for patch notes ?really!!! That sir is not acceptable .You may as well give me the finger .

WHy is it deflating. The base support GM's were unable to do anything, so they forwarded it to a team that can carry out an investigation and rectify it. Be patient a little longer.

No tickets get closed without a resolution. There is a display issue with the ticket system that shows the wrong status, or in extreme cases, makes the ticket vanish.

Edited by renegadeimp

I say deflating because I never actually get any follow up after the response from base support.

If there is an issue were the ticket is shown as closed even though it is not ,it still has the effect of not being able to update your ticket thus no further interaction on the issue is pursued and given the response is a generic one Its not likely anyone has any issues resolved with this method .

On submission you get immediate e-mail then shortly after the message thankyou,escalated,closed .

In 6 weeks I had one response saying sorry your character cam't continue a class quest keep an eye out for patch notes.

One said try a few things like latest driver and clean the dust then go to the forums there is some good threads here is the link..........but we take no responsibility if you do what the link tells you as it is not official.

If you are aware of a way to communicate with an official who is competent and can actually advise and confirm that your issue is resolved before closing the line of communication ,then please advice me .

I just want to turn my computer on and play this brilliant game that is tailored exactly to what I want to play and with all the potential I believe it has .

Thankyou for your reply .

same with the grade 2 epic luxury fabric. ive ran missions all day and havent gotten a single drop.

come to think of it, on my artifice toon, it was very unlikely that i would ever get an epic gemstone drop before grade 6 missions. it seems like all others except grade 6 have ridiculously low drop chances?

As far as I can tell, the rarity of certain materials is deliberate. The large number of recipes that use a certain item, the lack of nodes and missions that gain that item and the low numbers when you do manage to find the mission, cannot be accidental.

It occurs at every level for at least one item and is another time sink mechanism.

Edited by Bammur

All grade 1 epic materials are very rare, because you need a crit mission to get the purple stuff, and most people doing grade 1 missions have low affection with companions (if indeed affection increases crit chance). Also, there are no grade 1 discovered missions from slicing AFAIK.

All grade 1 epic materials are very rare, because you need a crit mission to get the purple stuff, and most people doing grade 1 missions have low affection with companions (if indeed affection increases crit chance). Also, there are no grade 1 discovered missions from slicing AFAIK.

From my own experience:

My main (Artifice) gets plenty of Wind Crystal from Treasure Hunting.

My Alts (Cybertech and Armormech) get plenty of Silk, but hardly any Agrinium (or whatever the spelling is for the purple UWT Metal)

Also on grade 6....I end up spending nearly 100k creds just to get a small amount of Corusca Gem.

And that's without the Crafting Mission items...since people gouge them anyway.

• 2 months later...

I'm posting again on this thread because the response from the moderators was "raise a ticket and we'll have a look at it".

Well, either a ticket was never raised, or it was and they never looked at it - because the drop rate for Cyrene Silk is still abysmally low.

Can I just point out that this is a grade 1 crafting item, and therefore if it takes weeks and weeks to get any of it then everyone will have levelled past the point where it'll actually do them any good. It makes sense - surely - to have a higher drop rate on lower-level purple crafting items.

Devs - and one more time - please address this.

A.

In completely unrelated news, studies show that rare materials are rare.

You don't need cyrene silk. ESPECIALLY low level you level so fast that purple items/gear so isn't worth it. I'm sure the devs saw the ticket, laughed at you, then deleted it.