Community Round-Up: March 21st, 2013

CourtneyWoods

I'd like to nominate this thread. 'Tis a bit recent, but I'd just like to share my creation with the rest of the community that didn't see it. It might even get them to watch the series, which I would recommend to any Star Wars fan!

Edit: It isn't SWTOR related, but perhaps you could add an "Et cetera" part for the community discussions and creations that don't have to do with SWTOR. :)

Edited by HomicidalWhales

I have some problem with operation quests. I cant get any of them (asatin eternity vault etc) I cant se the chance to talk with npcs at gav dragon. And if click on them they dont offer the quest. Im doing these quests for months. I reset my local phase. I dont have these quests at mission log. Thanks for the help.

Hey everyone!

Please use this thread to discuss the Community Round-Up as well as nominate any threads, events, or discussions about SWTOR for next week's blog.

You can also PM me any nominations! :jawa_redface:

Thanks!

the main problem you people have that you can't or are not able to get rid of the bugs swtor suffering

like mailbox not working the esseles tractor beam floor bug warzone boot bug 3 hour client crash down. space operation crash i am sorry but if you can't understand that if you do not get rid of the bugs people will continue to complain . seeing the offline work you done sofar i can't understand why you can't adapt that great work to the old republic. . sure you have made new content that is good but allways when an update happening alot of maintance is needed . i mean honestly can't your developers for once do an update that works without extra maintance needed

I'm glad to see there is life in the US community. I have a question for you Courtney, why can't we have community rounds up on french and german forums? Don't we pay the same price? (even more actually with EU/Dollar change) Are we not the same customers? We were told we were... Edited by Kesphin

I'm glad to see there is life in the US community. I have a question for you Courtney, why can't we have community rounds up on french and german forums? Don't we pay the same price? (even more actually with EU/Dollar change) Are we not the same customers? We were told we were...

Hey Kesphin,

The reason we only do the Community Round-Up in English is that it is a personal project of mine and unfortunately, I only speak English. Even if we translated the blog, we would still be pointing to English threads. I would like to note that in the past there has never been a French or German Community Round-Up. But we can continue to look into avenues of how we could do a Round-Up for the French and German communities in the future.

But we can continue to look into avenues of how we could do a Round-Up for the French and German communities in the future.

Maybe EA could hire a french/german community manager. Just an advice, it might be a good start...

There have been several issues on french forum lately and absolutly no reaction from Bioware. This has to be adressed quickly.

Edited by Kesphin

I'd say it a legit advice, Im from Norway, and I dont go around expecting every game to be translated into norwegian. We start teaching childer english at the age of 7 here, I dont see problem doing that in Germany and France, but I guess the childer there are to lazy to learn it...

Stupis is as stupid does, what an amazingly orignial quote...

Support and forum are actually provided in english, french and german. We are paying for this service. When you bought the game in Norway, the game was sold in english with support in english. In France it was sold in french with support in french.

Is that clear enough? I do speak english (well I try), I actually play the game in english (because of bad translation), but people who want to play the game in french or german should have the same services, BECAUSE it was sold in english, french and german. Is it that hard to understand this point of view? It is not the place to debate about french policy.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind having at least a community round up about european and Asia/Pacific server events in english... That'd be a good start too.

EDIT : By the way, thank you Courtney for your message, it's good to be heard here at least.

Edited by Kesphin

Maybe EA could hire a french/german community manager. Just an advice, it might be a good start...

There have been several issues on french forum lately and absolutly no reaction from Bioware. This has to be adressed quickly.

There is a good idea, if you guys EA really want this game to stay around, I would suggest this. Other countries do play your game and even though the whole world does seem to focus on learning English most prefer to relax in their native tongue.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box

Security Keys - Lets Get Organized, and manage them ourselves

TangledDruid

Old 02.15.2013 , 04:10 AM | #1

Report Post Quote

Security Keys are a great idea. I use them in various forms everyday.

Having no control over them is foolish.

We should be able to add/remove security keys by answering secret questions and responding to an email. We should only have to *phone* CS if we can neither answer our questions, provide a key, or prove we have access to our email account. - any two of those should be sufficient to replace/update the third.

Change email - what is your key

Change key - answer this question we just emailed you

Change question - what is your key

CrazyCanukk

Old 02.19.2013 , 02:39 PM | #2

Report Post Quote

I can't agree more.

As long as there are checks and balances in place to ensure the key is being modified or removed by the account holder then we should have control over them after registration.

Swtor customer service isn't well known for speedy responses..more then enough stories of 1 month Plus on tickets and 1-2 hour waits on hold if your on the phone ( i will recognize some people get shorter just saying there are MANY complaints) ..

And waiting 2 hours on the phone (if you even have that much patience) or too long to remove a Security key or add a new one..or change one because you got a new phone..etc.. is just unacceptable.

i mean we have up to 5 security questions that can be asked to verify who we are.

Twitchtv channel: http://www.twitch.tv/crazycanukk

Twitter: @Crazycanukk

Server: Shadowlands

crustytrooper

Old Today , 11:25 AM | #3

Edit Report Post Quote

Can't agree more I don't have the money to sit on hold for 2hr when calling from Australia we had a number once and you took it away so pls make security keys so that we can remove and apply them they have been doing it on World of Warcraft for years and they have no trouble

My suggestion(s) for the next round-up as follows

1. A review of the hundreds of players that are leaving the game due to the announcement of forced APAC to US server mergers. 75% of the APAC community have stated that they will leave the game (statistics taken from an online poll)

2. The multiple threads across many forums from very unhappy APAC customers asking for the decision to be changed. 92% of the APAC community have requested an APAC server merge and 0% have requested an APAC to US merge (statistics taken from an online poll)

I think that these are the only 2 things that should be highlighted, since this is a community round-up. The APAC community is extremely annoyed and this decision is going force many players to leave this game