How to turn off PVP flag?

Loseriticus

I was playing around with the taskbar or whatever you call it, and I saw that I could turn on the PVP flag. I'm on a RP-PVE server. So I turned it on just to see. I hear this ominous music and I got this little flag symbol on my icon. So I right click again to turn it off--and the only option I see is "Turn on PVP flag." I can't turn the thing off. I thought if I clicked on it again it would toggle off, but nope. So how do I do it?

I was playing around with the taskbar or whatever you call it, and I saw that I could turn on the PVP flag. I'm on a RP-PVE server. So I turned it on just to see. I hear this ominous music and I got this little flag symbol on my icon. So I right click again to turn it off--and the only option I see is "Turn on PVP flag." I can't turn the thing off. I thought if I clicked on it again it would toggle off, but nope. So how do I do it?

Try finding a rest area. And hang around for 5 mins iirc. Only just got back in.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
BW plz, plz, plz make us able to turn off the darn pvp flag without sitting around in a safe zone for 5 freakin min. I hate pvp, and to have it turn on cuz I come close to a pvp area or cut through one is annoying. to not be able to turn it off is SUPER annoying. Got limited time to play and to sit around in a safe zone till pvp goes off is stupid. really.

BW plz, plz, plz make us able to turn off the darn pvp flag without sitting around in a safe zone for 5 freakin min. I hate pvp, and to have it turn on cuz I come close to a pvp area or cut through one is annoying. to not be able to turn it off is SUPER annoying. Got limited time to play and to sit around in a safe zone till pvp goes off is stupid. really.

Click on the Galactic Starfighter icon by your minimap. Then click on the yellow question mark icon in the upper right. It will start the tutorial. Hit escape and immediately exit battle.

Poof. No more PvP flag.

Edited by Khevar

Never going to happen. If you can just switch pvp flag on an off can you imagine the mechanic abuse by hardcore pvper's and gankers ?

Never going to happen. If you can just switch pvp flag on an off can you imagine the mechanic abuse by hardcore pvper's and gankers ?

Agreed, though i personally feel there's a fair amount of abuse in regards to the pvp system. For instance, i got hammered hard by a republic player on oricon while i was fighting a group of npcs, coward marched into the middle of the fight attacked the npcs and suddenly i was flagged for pvp where he immediately gave me a good thrashing. I don't normally get irritated about this but when someone does the above then there's obviously a problem.

I been ask for this since launch but it will never happen, I hate it where they make you get flagged just to finish a story line ie Tatooine the developers make you go though the flagged zone to finish a main story mission and of course you get flagged and have to sit for 5 freaking minutes in a cantina, I think its pointless unless your on a pvp server IMO of course.. They do need to get rid of it..

Click on the Galactic Starfighter icon by your minimap. Then click on the yellow question mark icon in the upper right. It will start the tutorial. Hit escape and immediately exit battle.

Poof. No more PvP flag.

Hmm, I have got to try this..

Edited by Legolose

I been ask for this since launch but it will never happen, I hate it where they make you get flagged just to finish a story line ie Tatooine the developers make you go though the flagged zone to finish a main story mission and of course you get flagged and have to sit for 5 freaking minutes in a cantina, I think its pointless unless your on a pvp server IMO of course.. They do need to get rid of it...

Just a FYI, but theres a cave you can go through instead of Outlaws Den...

• 1 month later...
Agreed, though i personally feel there's a fair amount of abuse in regards to the pvp system. For instance, i got hammered hard by a republic player on oricon while i was fighting a group of npcs, coward marched into the middle of the fight attacked the npcs and suddenly i was flagged for pvp where he immediately gave me a good thrashing. I don't normally get irritated about this but when someone does the above then there's obviously a problem.

If they will not make it so you can unflag yourself, they should at least make it so that it is harder to set yourself flagged for PVP and definitely fix the fact that some other player can set you that way as you described. I just watched a level 60-something jump my wife's level 4 Jedi by using this same type thing to make her flagged. He then proceeded to kill her again as soon as she used the medical probe and was trying to figure out how she was flagged and how to get rid of it.

If you can't add the unflag button...do something about the abuses from jackwagons doing this sort of thing.

If they will not make it so you can unflag yourself, they should at least make it so that it is harder to set yourself flagged for PVP and definitely fix the fact that some other player can set you that way as you described. I just watched a level 60-something jump my wife's level 4 Jedi by using this same type thing to make her flagged. He then proceeded to kill her again as soon as she used the medical probe and was trying to figure out how she was flagged and how to get rid of it.

If you can't add the unflag button...do something about the abuses from jackwagons doing this sort of thing.

Hi Bed,

Really sorry to hear that, just to help you and your wife out with unflagging you'll want to right click on your character's portrait and select "Toggle PvP Flag". You will then need to wait in a safe zone like a cantina or your character's ship for the flag to be cleared. Here is a screenshot for reference if it helps http://i.imgur.com/pizgfAO.jpg.

Edited by AylaL

If they will not make it so you can't unflag yourself ...

While there isn't a one-button-click to unflag, you can still do it this way:

1. Click the galactic starfighter icon by your minimap.

2. Click the yellow question-mark at the upper right to start the tutorial.

3. Hit Escape

4. Exit Battle

It will immediately clear your PvP flag. No need to wait in a safe area.

I still loathe that there is not something that can quickly change from Flagged to Not Flagged.

The sitting in a Cantina or on my ship for 5+ minutes does not always work for my characters. I'm thinking it may be some kind of bug. So, I usually queue for a WarZone, then once I get in, I quit. Sure, it makes everyone else mad, but it was the only other way I knew to clear the flag. I'll try the Galactic Starfighter method next time.

I still loathe that there is not something that can quickly change from Flagged to Not Flagged.

The sitting in a Cantina or on my ship for 5+ minutes does not always work for my characters. I'm thinking it may be some kind of bug. So, I usually queue for a WarZone, then once I get in, I quit. Sure, it makes everyone else mad, but it was the only other way I knew to clear the flag. I'll try the Galactic Starfighter method next time.

It's not a big deal as long as you don't have a super slow computer and quit right away. The longer you are in the warzone, the less time available to fill your spot with someone who plans to stay. Probably best just to not flag unless you won't need to be unflagged for awhile.

Note that for whatever reason, the "Toggle PVP" option on your portrait does not recognize when you get "auto-flagged" (for attacking an opposite faction player, or entering an "enemy" zone or other "PVP zone").

When you get flagged this way, the portrait toggle will still consider you UN-flagged. If you then choose the "Toggle PVP Flag" option on your portrait, it will actually toggle your flag ON. And then, because you manually flagged yourself for PVP, the flag will never clear, no matter how long you sit in the cantina or wherever. You need to make sure you get the "you must spend 5 minutes in a safe area and not do any PVP activity" message to be sure you have toggled your flag off. And then wait around for 5 minutes. Or just use the GSF Tutorial trick to unflag.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

H (star fighter) start the tutorial, then exit

instant (well SWTOR instant) unflag

• 1 month later...

Poof. No more PvP flag.

Hot Dog! Works like a charm. I love you, man! :D

And as a player who's just never been in to the whole PvP thing, I have to agree, it's BS you can't just turn it off and be done with it. But this here little trick is now the next best thing.