this "original story" might not even mess with the current EU

lord-durpp

Well "Vader" being brought back from the dead confirms the death of EU....damn Disney.

Check out starwars.com, the interviewer asks "What can you tell us about the new Star Wars films?" to which Kennedy replies "Absolutely nothing." No doubt all info on Episode VII is being kept as secret as Luke Skywalker's parentage - this is a rumor, it confirms nothing.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old Marvel Star Wars comics are still in print???? Now who's putting out misinformation??? Marvel hasn't made new Star Wars comics for over 20 years now. Some comic book shops buy entire series of comics from customers for maybe 50 cents to a dollar, but those aren't considered new. The N-Canon recalls are on NEW PRODUCTS ONLY, not pre-owned. You need to do your homework, and stop trusting wookieepedia for everything. Look up Darth Malgus on there, and you'll see what I mean. I said that the basic plot/story of Splinter was still C-Canon. Some elements are now S, but that's it. If it's recalled, then THE ENTIRE STORY must be deemed N-Canon, and that never happened with Splinter. If you have issues with that, write to Leland Chee and ask him.

The old Marvel comics are still in print... in trade paperbacks published by Dark Horse through their license with Lucasfilm. Look at the product details on the Amazon page linked in one of the previous posts.

I belive the reason the noven Crusible have been delayed is because of the movies

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/c/cc/Crucible_%28Final_cover%29.jpg

Story in this noven was to let the new generation take over with maybe death to the big 3 Luke, Leia,Han.

But i think alot of info and story hadd to be re written because they are making the new movies.My guess is

the novel will be change to a story were after what goes on in the novel nothing is changed and leaves things

open for the new star wars movies.

• 4 months later...
I just want them to retcon everything except the 6 movies. There should be no reason that Disney doesn't go their own direction with movies, comics, t.v. shows or anything else. Im sorry but im old and anything star wars past RoTJ has sucked. Jedi Knight 2 was playable but seriously we need a retcon on anything past EP.6

You disgust me, the post-RoTJ EU is actually better than the movies for the most part. I suppose that's a matter of opinion, but honestly, tell me you have read some of the good EU novels/series and not liked them.

If they uncanon Thrawn, I'll uncanon myself from the title of SW-fan and make my canonized lifestory so that I have been only Timothy Zahn-fan all the time. If they do that to Drask, I might consider doing the same. If they do screw it up, I'd start to boykott Disney, but that cursed company was clever enough to put Rober Carlyle to Once Upon a Time, so I can't. Stupid Disney.

Funny how people say that there aren't much EU fans, I don't know a single sw-fan that wouldn't have read at least one comic or book from EU.

My only hope, it shows Luke skywalker as the Grand master during the times inbetween ROTJ and The Vong era.

I really hope they don't dump on the EU of that time.

Thrawn series, X-Wing series, I Jedi, Corellia duology.

Please Disney, don't destroy it! YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE!!

My only hope, it shows Luke skywalker as the Grand master during the times inbetween ROTJ and The Vong era.

I doubt they would do that, this isn't really DC/Marvel where they overhaul every decade or so. Its also one big universe(compared to the other companies which have like....thousands of different universes...barring aside the 3 N-canon SW stories), I mean removing a big chunk of the EU just to stick the movies would be kinda a bad thing. Now they could, do it in a way where the movies touch upon a timeframe where were gaps in time that could be expanded on.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I wouldn't mind if they uncannoned Star by Star...

I doubt they would do that, this isn't really DC/Marvel where they overhaul every decade or so. Its also one big universe(compared to the other companies which have like....thousands of different universes...barring aside the 3 N-canon SW stories), I mean removing a big chunk of the EU just to stick the movies would be kinda a bad thing. Now they could, do it in a way where the movies touch upon a timeframe where were gaps in time that could be expanded on.

I think you are vastly overestimating the size of 'EU Fans' as a proportion of 'Star Wars fans'.

I doubt Disney is worried about losing money if they say that Han's favorite color is orange when in Comic #84927 it clearly states his favorite color is blue. The vast majority of 'Star Wars fans' are most likely solely fans of the movies, who would have no idea what a 'Thrawn' is anyway.

And let's face it, people who are big enough fans of Star Wars to get that deeply into the EU are not going to boycott the movies just because it didn't take into account their favorite book/comic/character.

I think you are vastly overestimating the size of 'EU Fans' as a proportion of 'Star Wars fans'.

I doubt Disney is worried about losing money if they say that Han's favorite color is orange when in Comic #84927 it clearly states his favorite color is blue. The vast majority of 'Star Wars fans' are most likely solely fans of the movies, who would have no idea what a 'Thrawn' is anyway.

And let's face it, people who are big enough fans of Star Wars to get that deeply into the EU are not going to boycott the movies just because it didn't take into account their favorite book/comic/character.

No I ain't overestimating anything, I know there are more just movie fans then EU fans. However removing a large chunk of the EU, just to fit in a movies that would only cover what? A few months or years at the most? Compared to the EU, which has been worked on for quite some time just seems silly. Yes its perfectly logical, to just throw away 40+ years of work down the drain.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

If the movies don't respect EU at all, I'll sign off my sw-fanatism and start being purely a fan of Timothy Zahn and nothing more. A few of my friends are probably gonna see it anyway, I'll ask them how bad it is, and if it's as bad as I'm afraid of, I'm not gonna watch it. It would ruin my sweet memories of the sw I used to love.

I'm not worried about small changes about how character x's favourite food is now different than in some book, I don't think anyone is. I'm worried about that they may rewrite the whole thing.