Game feels dead

IAmYourGod

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High level planets have max 6 players, no one is doing world pvp in Illum. People don't talk in chat, and i takes around 3 hours to find a group to flashpoints. What is this, a single player game that i need to pay monthly fee for? No thanks.

Now that i'm 50 and i've finished the story i guess... that was it.

You expect everyone to be level 50 a week after release?

Most ppl have real lives, jobs, families, etc. Others are taking their time enjoying the story lines. Give it some time for the player base to catch up.

It was your choice to make a mad dash for the first to level 50 title. Now that you are there you are complaining that others want to play the game the way they want to instead of running to level 50 with you? Sit and wait or roll another toon... or come back in about 1-2 months and you will find many others at level 50. You made your choice and that choice has consequences, let others play their own way.

Trust me I'm not feeling attacked, I'm simply trying to spark a deeper discussion by playing devil's advocate. The only thing I've disliked more than the "I'm level 50, now what?" threads are the same empty responses people seem to blanket over them.

I enjoyed the debate :)

You stated you take joy in people being unhappy.

WHAT?! whatever gave that idea? I am pretty sure I did never write something like that nor would I ever want to.

Edited by Kyomih

If you focused on a single character and are currently 50 realize:

• For some, this is their first MMO and they aren't going to level as fast as you
  • For some, they don't have the luxury of the free time you do and/or saw fit to spend all their available free time in-game
  • For some, the lure of different story/quest lines has them playing several characters instead of focusing on one
  • For some, the stigma of general chat channels from previous games has them turning it off as a default except for when they are in need of it
  • Some folks simply avoid PuGs like the plague
  • For some, they would rather play with guild mates and do group content with them OR help them level up to where they are than hang out in PuGs all game session long

That last one in particular I know is a solid reason for some folks. My highest character is only 22 (with six at 10 or higher) but there are several folks in the guild I'm in with a 50. They were commenting last night they'd already beaten the 4th boss of some high/end game instance. And I know it's mostly/all guild member group doing it. So folks are doing the content but, they're doing it with an existing group.

You may want to consider finding a guild of similar playstyle/play time folks which should drastically up your chances of taking on group content without the need to spam /general with "LFG ... "

Edited by ThiborF

I got into early access on the first day, I've been playing only one character, I'm playing way more than any human being should realistically sit and play a video game, and I'm just at level 38. I think it's hilarious that someone could play this game so vigorously to have reached 50 already, and then complain about being alone. Use a little common sense.

I know what he means the game does feel dead nothing to do with being lvl 50 as all the other zones are dead even with 140 people u can go hours with out seeing any chat.Hard to find Heroic groups hard to find flashpoint groups. Edited by rastamanman

High level planets have max 6 players, no one is doing world pvp in Illum. People don't talk in chat, and i takes around 3 hours to find a group to flashpoints. What is this, a single player game that i need to pay monthly fee for? No thanks.

Now that i'm 50 and i've finished the story i guess... that was it.

One thing to remember is that most players haven't reached 50 yet. And even though many have, some of those that reached level 50 are now spending their time on alts.

I've been playing since Early Access, but I still have no 50s. Lots of alts but no 50s yet.

You'll see more players doing high level content in about 6 to 9 months. I expect to see people complaining that they can't find groups for lower level group missions at that point. Eventually you may see a lot of the group missions nerfed to be even more doable with just a companion than they currently are.

Some class - companion combos can solo just about anything, but some classes don't get the right companion until level 20 to 30, which will make it harder to clear some content without one or more other players along.

When WoW launched their first expansion, they quickly turned most of the low level group quests into solo quests.

Once SWTOR reaches a point where the majority of players, according to BWs data mining, is skipping group missions, you'll either see solo exp increased, or group content nerfed.

What was once meant to be done with 4 active players will be easily done with 2 players and two companions dumbfoundedly standing in fire. What was done with two players with companions will be done by one player with a companion. What was done by one player with a companions will be doable by class - companion combos that don't really work well together.

sigh...I ate all my ice cream now I don't have any more! Please someone share, I feel so lifeless without out it and everyone else has a different flavor. My stomach hurts....oh brain freeze...did I eat it too fast.

But but...I've only just taken a bite of my ice cream..:( I like to savor the multitude of flavors and aromas. Maybe you shouldn't have used the big spoon to eat your bucket of ice cream and used the teaspoon like serious ice cream aficionados like me.:p

I know what he means the game does feel dead nothing to do with being lvl 50 as all the other zones are dead even with 140 people u can go hours with out seeing any chat.Hard to find Heroic groups hard to find flashpoint groups.

Yeah..apparently you didn't read the rest of the post about rushing and not everyone else rushing as fast as the 50's.. Check the rest, it might be useful and give some clues on to why it's hard to find a group for heroic flash points. ;)

Yeah..apparently you didn't read the rest of the post about rushing and not everyone else rushing as fast as the 50's.. Check the rest, it might be useful and give some clues on to why it's hard to find a group for heroic flash points. ;)

LOL im not even talking about heroic flashpoints just the heroic quests on planets.

I just hit lvl 27 and landed in Tatooine. It's way more open than any other zone up to this point but there is no one there!! It's so heartbreaking to have such a large zone and you see no one! I don't get it... my server is Standard/Heavy most of the time and yet... nothing.

It is very very depressing! :(

WHAT?! whatever gave that idea? I am pretty sure I did never write something like that nor would I ever want to.

Well you stated that you laughed at people who were complaining, so ultimately you were taking joy in their unhappiness. Perhaps misinterpreted, but that's what I got out of it.

The overwhelming majority of players are in the sub level 30 range of the game at this point, taking their time.

Rushing to level 50 comes with a price, and that is that it's pretty lonely at the top for a while.

And that price is also running into horribly unpolished and buggy HM flashpoints that dont drop any gear. (yes i know its a slight exaggeration.)

The overwhelming majority of players are in the sub level 30 range of the game at this point, taking their time.

Rushing to level 50 comes with a price, and that is that it's pretty lonely at the top for a while.

LOL. Well the game is dead... bc everyone is in different shards also, so its very single playerish with a monthly fee and I'm only lvl 12... no reason to play a single player game. Can't wait to pay that $15 a month again!