Win a Life-Sized Figure of Darth Malgus

AlysonBridge

Awesome! I can't wait.......

Hold on a sec, I'm Canadian.

I hate when they do things like this. What they should do is allow residences outside the U.S but make them pay for the shipping charges if they win. I would be happy to pay the shipping costs if I won. I mean they are already making U.S residences pay for any taxes on shipping as it is.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the moment I started to subscribe to SWTOR I knew there would be contests and I knew it would only be opened to US subscribers. But still, it's so annoying! I always feel like a 2nd class gamer everytime it happens. I know it's about the contest laws differences outside the US but oh well...

Hope it's a troll, an april's fool or something like that.

Please, Bioware, stop this non-sense, spare your money and hire a couple of serious programmers.

No one cares about a giant statue, we just want to have a playable game. It's not as difficult as you think.

I had to LOL at this. Just tax on the thing itself is appx $450 where I live, and about $300 in shipping (UPS freight, class 100, delivery from Austin to where I live).

Yeah, think I'll pass on this little gem.

Awesome! I can't wait.......

Hold on a sec, I'm Canadian.

I hate when they do things like this. What they should do is allow residences outside the U.S but make them pay for the shipping charges if they win. I would be happy to pay the shipping costs if I won. I mean they are already making U.S residences pay for any taxes on shipping as it is.

It's not just taxes on shipping, it's shipping AND taxes. Meaning winning this thing is gonna cost you over $300 even if you do live in the US. However, the issue is NOT the shipping costs, it's contest rules and laws on international contests. That's what makes things much more complicated and why most of the time they choose to make it US only.

I almost entered till I read this on the ToC page.

"The prize will ship via palletized freight and may require the winner to be present for delivery of the item. All taxes on the value of prize, and possibly the value of the shipping costs for the prize, are the responsibility of the winner."

1.that shipping method will be pretty expensive and 2. tax on $6,000 would be $360. It all sounded good until I read that.

Edited by HeavensDemise

It's not US only, they mean that if you live outside of the US you will have to pay any VAT or import fees in addition to the shipping costs.

I've signed up for it, I like in the UK.

but they said:

"This contest is only open to residents of the United States" :confused:

It's not just taxes on shipping, it's shipping AND taxes. Meaning winning this thing is gonna cost you over $300 even if you do live in the US. However, the issue is NOT the shipping costs, it's contest rules and laws on international contests. That's what makes things much more complicated and why most of the time they choose to make it US only.

Yep, at first I thought it was just taxes on shipping too. But re-read:

and is responsible for any taxes that may be assessed on the shipping cost or value of the prize.

So you're paying shipping costs, taxes on shipping costs, and taxes on the value of the prize itself.

Edited by Ashton

It still is the Suck regardless.