Issues with Gearing Quinn

trevah

Hey guys,

So I know that the codex lists his primary attrib as cunning and I've been boosting his cunning appropriately. Up to this point I had assumed that his heals would be increased as I increase his cunning (since it's his prim attrib), but I just looked at his char sheet and noticed that cunning increases only his combat damage. Which I don't give 2 ***** about. The only thing that seems to increase his healing (again, according to the char sheet) is +power. This mara is my first character and I've had no experience with casters before so this was a huge discovery for me.

Has anyone else noticed this? Should I be giving a **** about cunning or just making sure all my mods/augments boost power as much as possible? Because that's how it would seem.

Hey guys,

So I know that the codex lists his primary attrib as cunning and I've been boosting his cunning appropriately. Up to this point I had assumed that his heals would be increased as I increase his cunning (since it's his prim attrib), but I just looked at his char sheet and noticed that cunning increases only his combat damage. Which I don't give 2 ***** about. The only thing that seems to increase his healing (again, according to the char sheet) is +power. This mara is my first character and I've had no experience with casters before so this was a huge discovery for me.

Has anyone else noticed this? Should I be giving a **** about cunning or just making sure all my mods/augments boost power as much as possible? Because that's how it would seem.

I noticed this the other day too. My Quinn is in full Centurion Field Medic Gear from the Agents PvP Vendor and his heals never go above 300.

I noticed this the other day too. My Quinn is in full Centurion Field Medic Gear from the Agents PvP Vendor and his heals never go above 300.

Seriously? So ***, is he capped on heals and our only way to buff him is with power? And force power I guess.

I geared up Quinn specifically to solo hc dailies (I hate him though so it was a pain to farm gear for him) and I have 0 issues with his heals. I mean between my def cds and his heals, I solo Raxxus on Belsavis no problem. He's in mix of tionese/columi and this "big heal" or whatever the name is, crits for like 1.5k regularily. Edited by gibmachine

All NPC healers scale awfully. My Columi\Champ Doc with fairly optimized mods heals for what my Sawbones used to at 30-35.

In contrast, damage-dealing companions seem to scale just fine. Had Rusk crit for 3-3.5k with Centurion\Champion gear.

No this is your Quinn lacking gear, not a game design flaw.

My Quinn Regularly heals me for near 1.1k, but I did deck him out in full Columi gear and he has over 1400 Cunning.

so besides commendation gear,what else is there in terms of lower lvls gearing quinn up.cuz i bought a couple things with commendations but i dont normally choose commendations when i do quests unless theres nothing that looks like a upgrade for my warrior or for quinn

i bought a couple things at the commendation vendor but meh.im still thinkin maybe ive slacked on gearing him up and should gear him a bit more,if it matters im not a marauder though,im a juggernaught.but since this thread was kinda about gearin quinn up i figured id ask

Edited by CrunkShizzle

I swear guys, please read the post and respond accordingly.

This post isn't about whether or not Quinn heals you. I'm asking if Cunning is a relevant stat for him considering on his character sheet, the only things affecting bonus heal is +power and +fpower.

Responses?

I swear guys, please read the post and respond accordingly.

This post isn't about whether or not Quinn heals you. I'm asking if Cunning is a relevant stat for him considering on his character sheet, the only things affecting bonus heal is +power and +fpower.

Responses?

He gets 0 bonus out of force power. That's for starters.

Regarding cunning, I believe that since everyone here says that geared up in operative raid gear, Quinn's heals skyrocketed, cunning does matter, yeah.

Gear him in Enforcer instead of Field Medic. There's no benefit to having Field Medic over Enforcer, and Enforcer carries more Cunning.

That, and I could've sworn that in-game it shows that his healing scales with cunning.

Edited by PseudoPsi

He gets 0 bonus out of force power. That's for starters.

Regarding cunning, I believe that since everyone here says that geared up in operative raid gear, Quinn's heals skyrocketed, cunning does matter, yeah.

I think that you're wrong. Go in game, check his char sheet under 'Force' and look under bonus healing. There is a section that allows force power to increase his healing. Similarly, there is no spot for cunning.

The thing I truly don't understand is where the stat is for base heals/force powers. That would contain the info we would need. Since I've never played a caster before, I don't know where I'd find this info in the char sheet (ie is it correlated to ranged dmg?).

According to his char sheet, the only thing that we can see that assuredly affects heals are power, fpower, and skills/buffs.

I realize that everyone is saying that their columni-geared quinn heals them appropriately, I don't see any reason to think that his heals simply increase with level gain and +power. We are just assuming that heal growth is coming from +cunning but there is no evidence to support this. I don't want to spend all my money on +cunning gear when I should be making sacrifices for +power/+fpower.

I think that you're wrong. Go in game, check his char sheet under 'Force' and look under bonus healing. There is a section that allows force power to increase his healing. Similarly, there is no spot for cunning.

The thing I truly don't understand is where the stat is for base heals/force powers. That would contain the info we would need. Since I've never played a caster before, I don't know where I'd find this info in the char sheet (ie is it correlated to ranged dmg?).

According to his char sheet, the only thing that we can see that assuredly affects heals are power, fpower, and skills/buffs.

I realize that everyone is saying that their columni-geared quinn heals them appropriately, I don't see any reason to think that his heals simply increase with level gain and +power. We are just assuming that heal growth is coming from +cunning but there is no evidence to support this. I don't want to spend all my money on +cunning gear when I should be making sacrifices for +power/+fpower.

Why are you looking in force? as the above poster said... + force power does nothing...

You need to be checking the TECH tab.

-----

*Edit/Addition*

Log in, summon quin, take his gear off with the tech stats up/open.. Requip and notice that yes there is a change..

I use my pet as a healer in 2 man HM FP runs, I have soloed a HM as well, are you meaning to tell me he has been healing me the sa,e a,,pimt as wjem o gpt ho,?

Edited by Dreary

ok why don't you try this experiment, take off all his gear attack an easy to kill mob let it take down some of your health or take fall damage which ever one and let Quinn heal you. then put an orange moddable gear piece with only cunning mods in it (no power or secondary stats, doesn't even have to be fully modded) and see if his heals go up. If they do even by a little bit well there you go. Edited by lambandmartyre

I guessing the OP is looking into the force healing stat rather than the tech tab that will show tech healing?

Also, my quinn (and inquisitor mirror talos) have a near spammible heal that hits for around 300...i see it all the time. However they both have several heals that are limited to cooldowns and kolto immunity These hit much harder.

I would hate to assume that the OP needs to check his companions quickbar/skill list and make sure medwatch and all his healing skills are active (will have a yellow dot rather than a grey

I would also like to add that getting your healer pet the best vibroknife possible makes a huge diffrence, its the tech power.

Also....does extertise aid in quinns healing in any way? Isnt there better gear that could be used to make him more effective in healing you?

Just some thoughts...and my final thought...hes not suppose to be better than a player healer...your not going to get him to a point where hes keeping you alive while you tank the world.

I guessing the OP is looking into the force healing stat rather than the tech tab that will show tech healing?

Also, my quinn (and inquisitor mirror talos) have a near spammible heal that hits for around 300...i see it all the time. However they both have several heals that are limited to cooldowns and kolto immunity These hit much harder.

I would hate to assume that the OP needs to check his companions quickbar/skill list and make sure medwatch and all his healing skills are active (will have a yellow dot rather than a grey

I would also like to add that getting your healer pet the best vibroknife possible makes a huge diffrence, its the tech power.

Also....does extertise aid in quinns healing in any way? Isnt there better gear that could be used to make him more effective in healing you?

Just some thoughts...and my final thought...hes not suppose to be better than a player healer...your not going to get him to a point where hes keeping you alive while you tank the world.

Woooooooow, I did not know a tech tab even existed. I had to refresh UI to get the option to check the Tech tab though. Companion UI seems a bit buggy sometimes. Everytime I've checked the char sheet for him it has only listed Melee/Ranged/Force/Defense, which is all it lists for mara. This clarifies it, thank you!

END THREAD: Quinn is dependent on cunning.