Rank the stories 1-8

kyrieIrving

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recommend the smuggler. Went light side. Haven't laughed so hard during a game in a long time. Be sure to romance both Risha and Akavi.

The dark side story quest for a Knight is also really good. Voss was the best planet. Be sure to have Doc with you on that one.

The Consular story line is kinda meh, IMHO. Got it up to Corellia and haven't progressed any further so I cannot comment on the ending.

Inquisitor is really cool too. Up to Corellia on that one also. Maybe I'll finish that one tonight.

Those are the only 50's I have. The rest are either right before or right after the Act I finale.

lol. Well you are going to get a bunch of different rankings I think. :) This is a story only ranking. Game play is quite different between classes as you know and could impact your leveling experience.

1. Imperial Agent. Hands down the best overall IMO. And if you like spy stories, there is no question about it.

2. Jedi Knight. The classic SW story complete with a dual of fates and a love story. lol

3. Sith Inquisitor. Loved this story, especially as a light side character. I particularly enjoyed the end of Chapter 1.

4. Trooper. Interesting story that left me frustrated but in a good way. Life and death decisions, stupid politicians etc.

5. Jedi Sage. Started slow but really picked up after Chapter 1. You are truly a Consular.

6. Sith Warrior. Interesting exploration of Sith politics. The companions are great story wise as well.

7. Smuggler. Funny as hell! Great one liners. But to be honest, the story fell apart toward the end. Good, not great.

8. Bounty Hunter: Good fun and funny in parts. Didn't enjoy the journey however. Mako almost made up for it though.

All my opinions of course and subject to change. lol

Edited by Qarran

I've only personally done JK and Smug. I was grouped with my dad the entire time through his trooper, so I got the gist of it, though all quest stuff in his hangar/ship and out in the world I wasn't able to watch.

And I'd have to rate it as:

JK

Smug

Troop

Just finished chapter 1 with SI, SW, and Co, and so far I'd probably have to rate them somewhere inbetween JK and Smug. (and in that order)

Smuggler was the worst (and unfortunately my main) story for me. Such wasted potential.

From the little I've played of the Consular story so far I've been pleasantly surprised, but this has probably much to do with the fact that it's generally regarded as being the worst of the lot, which consequently left me with very low expectations. Right now I'd say it's about on par with the Knight story.

Imperial Agent seems worthy of the praise.But again, I've yet to finish it.

The ones I have completed (or pretty much completed) so far.

1- I'd say probably Sith Warrior, just because it feels like a Sith Warrior story should, with memorable characters and moments.

2-Sith Inquisitor, I love the dry humor in here, the voice actor is perfect, it manages to be bitingly sarcastic one moment and serious the next, and I really liked the final duel, managed to do it by myself with companion on passive, was a long *** fight, but challenging and fun. I also like trying to guess who is going to betray me next.

3- Trooper, a good story line, it gets more into the political side of being a soldier, which I found very interesting, but I found the final fight to be rather lack luster, the ending was good though, and perhaps the point is that not every battle is glorious...

4- Jedi Knight- I rank this one so low mostly because Chapter 1 up until about halfway through Tatooine is mind numbingly boring, it's bascially just GO TO PLANET X AND DESTROY Y SUPERWEAPON and i absolutely abhor the male voice actor most of the time, he has like no and a half emotion. It does pick up during chapter 2 and really takes on a life of its own in CH3, Corellia is just like epicness given form.

Edited by Taleek

IT really depends if you like being the savior or bad-***. I Started first as JK sentinal because well I'm essentially a dual wielding Mace Windu out to save the galaxy. I was pure Lightside, not a dark point to my name. It felt great...my first alt is a IA Op Healer, mid way through Act2 and its..good, I just have a hard time playing evil chars (never could) so he's more a "soloist" does what is best for him and the situation, he's not cold blooded but will deal justice if necessary. Needless to say, he's 100% neutral with only about a 200+/- difference in either direction (need to hurry up and get neutral specific armor there Bioware, Plz!!!!)...Spinning a trooper now, we'll see how that goes.

Its all about personality and how you think you will play. If you really get into it and RP a bit and think about what type of char you want, most of the stories will go great. If you don't care, or play off char types (dark jedi for instance) story might make a bit less sense at times and feel less epic. Just my $.02

or the ones you have played through. i'm really stuck on what should be my first alt.

1.Agent

2.Inquisitor

3.Knight

4.Trooper

5.Smuggler

6.Consular

I used the gaps as a means if tiering them out as well. Enjoyed 1-2-3 pretty much the whole way through, 4 and 5 had some great stretches but also some weak points (both seemed to sag in chapter 2)

So far just off starting planet on BH and just past chapter 1 on Warrior and can't comment yet on BH but warrior seems so far to be on pace to take around that #4 slot.

Edited by paul_preib

I'm near the end of the Sith Warrior plot (Dark Side), and i"m loving it. I think it's very well done (though I will say you are assumed to be a Sith (race) on the starting planet, which makes for some stupid nonsense conversations when I'm playing a Zabrak).

EDIT: I just finished the Warrior storyline. Wow, that was epic! Seriously, that was extremely well done.

Edited by Danbuterx

I have not finished any Empire storylines so I cannot comment on those but for Republic for me its...

1. JK as a Male (Kira is a lot more important when you can romance her imo)

2. Smuggler as a male (Having 2 romance options is always nice and the story is very funny and fun)

3. Trooper is a decent storyline as male or female but not quite as good as the JK or Smug story lines.

4. JC is very weak though...quite boring in most parts and the romance options are not that great either.

1) Sith Warrior - Feels like I am Darth Vader a true Sith.

2) Imperial Agent - Of all the non force user classes the story here is truly awesome.

3) Jedi Knight - Here feels like the story of Obi Wan

4) Trooper - It starts interesting but sags in the middle kind of gets off track.

I just started Sith Inquisitor so I can rank that one yet. It is interesting the circumstance you start in though. Same with Bounty Hunter almost through chapter 1 but not enough to rank yet.

Edited by LukeSaberRattler

So far...

1 - Imperial Agent

2 - Sith Warrior

3 - Sith Inquisitor

4 - Bounty Hunter

5 - Republic Trooper

6 - Jedi Consular

Levelling a Jedi Guardian now, been a mixed bag story wise so far but i remain hopefull.

Poor Smuggler is still lvl 1 so long way to go there.

Full disclosure I've played the SW and JK 4 times total to level 50 on various servers. Guardian/Jugg is my favorite class bar none.

I'm also going to do a light dark option on the ones I've played different ways. It does make a difference in some cases.

JK - Dark

SW- Dark

SW- Light

Trooper

JK- Light

Smuggler

JC- Dark (the story really makes no sense played as a darkside toon tbh)

Incomplete: BH (just finished chapter 1 on an alt last night)

Agent: Not sure I'll really ever do this one the story seem intriguing but I hate agents in PVP.

Inquisitor: I love where this is going 14 levels in but if only I had more time to play all my tons of characters.

Still early on in the Imperial Agent and Jedi Knight story, but as for the others:

1) Sith Warrior

2) Jedi Consular

3) Bounty Hunter (Act I at least takes a nosedive after that)

4) Smuggler

5) Sith Inquisitor

6) Trooper

Edited by Master-Nala

IA--the best well thought out story, very fun :cool:

SW-also quite fun, good story :D

JK--fun, possibly a bit over the top in what happens :eek:

SI--interesting :confused:

Smug-is ok, good moments ;)

BH-ok :rolleyes:

Trooper and Consular=I'd rather watch paint dry kthxbai. :mad::(:mad::(