At what planet can I expect Open World PvP?

CheechMacho

Ask BW close warzones on pvp servers.

All "PvPers" grind like mad warzones coz it is chep and easy.

This.

BW is funneling any and everyone into WZs even on PvP servers as there are no incentives to pvp in Open World.

Check my thread here and please add your support: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=50161

Queued, instanced, tired WZ's should NOT be the primary form of PvP on PvP servers, and OWPVP needs to be rewarded, to make it worthwhile other than for lulz.

This.

BW is funneling any and everyone into WZs even on PvP servers as there are no incentives to pvp in Open World.

Check my thread here and please add your support: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=50161

Queued, instanced, tired WZ's should NOT be the primary form of PvP on PvP servers, and OWPVP needs to be rewarded, to make it worthwhile other than for lulz.

Agreed.

I did manage to find a tiny touch of PvP on Tatooine, I was killed once, played stealth tag once and got one kill so three times had a chance at OPvP, all in the space of about 8 hours on the planet and I did spend at least 2 of those actively looking for Republic players to kill.

Im on Alderaan atm. Seen plenty of world pvp so far. Think i was running across a Sith every 2-5 minutes and my Vanguard just went on a "Havoc" killing spree.

Shame there isnt world pvp incentives, hope they do add incentives and not just for the "open world pvp planets (Ilum)"

and Ilum is a bit of a joke atm... guess they didnt have a enough time to finish it or its just badly designed.

Also I hate the fact that there are certain areas on the map you cannot go (sith areas) because of invisible walls... they really need to get rid of that...im mean thats what a PVE server is for.

No incentive? a 1 on 1 is incentive enough for me to open world PvP... That's cuz I'm a pvper and not just pvping so I can be offered something...

TBH that incentive is enough for me too. Just a large portion of people dont see it that way and want items or gear from it.

I say give it to them, as i want world pvp to be strong.

No incentive? a 1 on 1 is incentive enough for me to open world PvP... That's cuz I'm a pvper and not just pvping so I can be offered something...

Though i agree with this statement, I do think there needs to be something to make other get involved as well as some sort of progression based system in place for open world PVP. I enjoy just killing people but people quickly get bored and then me and you have no one to fight except maybe ourselves and that's not so fun.

I know a little OTT but i hope you get my point (we are the minority) and PVP is all about community, the larger it is the more chance you have around getting those 1 on 1 fights.

Edited by Rammi

I laugh every time I hear about "no incentive to world pvp"

What a bunch of softie WoW rerollers =(

PVP is about PVP. You roll out and smash people to win, to make a reputation for yourself and to be the best. PVP is competition.

Go do Warzones if you want money/xp for PVPing. I don't want any handouts for world PVP. It's the only form of pure PVP in SWTOR atm.

I read the last several replies here in this thread and while the challenge of getting a 1v1 is very much exciting in and of itsself, there should be some sort of reward for a kill.

So far people are asking "where's the world pvp?" but when they realize they aren't going to get anything for being successful when they find it, I'm sure alot of them won't be looking for it nearly as much. IMO, that's counter-intuitive to fostering a healty world based pvp environment.

Honestly, who is going to care about finding someone alone in the middle of the desert when nobody is around to see it? There's currently no server specific forums to talk about these fights anyway.

I rolled on a pvp server for a reason. That was to pvp, obviously. While the pure incentive of the thrill of the fight is very much rewarding personally, there NEEDS to be some sort of validation for doing so.