Makeb Exploration Achievement Didn't Unlock: What Do We Do?

skitzogreg

After viewing Makeb 100% (all locations are green and checked on the tracker), the achievement didn't pop. I submitted an in-game ticket as a bug report, but from a previous ticket, they send you an automated response saying you won't get a response for a bug report.

What do I do? I don't want this bugged forever on my account. I spent a lot of time for that achievement.

Edited by skitzogreg

Same thing happened with me. I also never got a system message saying "You have explored all of Makeb!" However, it's very clear that all of Makeb was explored, since the world map is a full 100% image with no hexagons. Edited by DarthGile

• 2 weeks later...
Same thing happened with me. I also never got a system message saying "You have explored all of Makeb!" However, it's very clear that all of Makeb was explored, since the world map is a full 100% image with no hexagons.

Exaclty the same happened to me. I specifically went to last clouded location to uncover full map and was surprised when yellow "You have explored full blah blah" didn't pop up on the screen.

Daily bump. Amber, Eric, please, can you let us know if this is a confirmed bug or not? I've submitted two in-game tickets (one with the automated response, the other with no response). I'm also bumping this somewhat daily in hopes of a response.

Hey guys,

Same thing happened to me. I was checking other post in the forum and another guy mentioned that Brakan Mesa hadn't upgrade the discovered places correctly. So after that I used another char to explore Makeb, making sure that Brakan Mesa wasn't the last. After doing that I got my achievement.

Hope this can help.

Regards,

Iván

Must be a rare-ish bug. I got the "Explorer of Makeb" Achievement and so did at least 20 people in my guild.

Could it have something to do with what faction you were playing on?

Maybe, I hadn't thought of that.

I'm on the Republic side.

Although it is unlikely, this could also possibly be a server problem. I'm on Prophecy of the Five.

Balmorra (at least on the Imperial side) has the exact same bug, even though the map is fully revealed and you receive a message saying "You have surveyed the entire map of Balmorra!" the achievement doesn't unlock because it states that only 1/2 Dread Seed areas were discovered. Can someone confirm if this occurs on Republic Balmorra as well?

BW, I went to Makeb with another toon (same legacy), to try to unlock just a few areas to see if it would trigger the achievement. No go. I noticed that it appears as though the glitch occurs in Braken Mesa. You can walk into the area, the map will unlock, and it will show a green checkmark next to the area on the achievements list. However, no 'yellow' text pops up telling you that you've explored Braken Mesa. It appears as though this is somehow tied to the achievement, but I'm not a dev so I have no idea. Is this enough information to check on to warrant a reply at least?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I am getting the same issue with Braken Mesa not unlocking for the achievement. I tried on 3 different toons (none of which had every other location unlocked). I used 2 republic toons and 1 imp toon, and none of them received the unlock when I crossed the bridge.

• 5 months later...
@bioware, I think it's about time you fixed this bug. But hey it was more important to bring down the servers just for some GSF bug that wasn't even crucial? Bugs still exist since beta. Oh and the falling through geometry bug is back!

I have personally explored all planets 100% - so Galactic Explorer title.

When I used ONLY a republic Character it was impossible to get the Makeb Exploration achievement. It was only after I'd taken an Imp character around that the achievement unlocked.

I have personally explored all planets 100% - so Galactic Explorer title.

When I used ONLY a republic Character it was impossible to get the Makeb Exploration achievement. It was only after I'd taken an Imp character around that the achievement unlocked.

I think it's as others have said, you can't explore Braken Mesa last. I'm unclear though - those that are bugged, does it not work if you explore with another toon and make sure Braken Mesa isn't last?

I've given up on exploration and other codex thingies because I can't deal with the amount of bugs the codex has even after two years. I doubt these issues will ever get fixed since the only thing BW cares is the Cartel market. So, let's ask them for a CM Codex unlocking thingy.

I've given up on exploration and other codex thingies because I can't deal with the amount of bugs the codex has even after two years. I doubt these issues will ever get fixed since the only thing BW cares is the Cartel market. So, let's ask them for a CM Codex unlocking thingy.

That's unfair, they have been fixing stuff all the time. Take Loremaster as an example. At the start, maybe 7 planets were bugged and now it's achievable. We're one away from Beastmaster now too.

They are fixing these. Maybe not as quickly as we'd like, but I don't see any evidence that they've given up. This particularly bug affects a small number of players. The achievement is not fully bugged as some of the others are. So it probably gets a lower priority.

Your posts doesn't seem relevant to the thread, this is an Achievement issue, not a Codex issue.

• 4 weeks later...
This bug is very upsetting for me too; have explored it Imperial and republic side, being sure brakken messa was not my last one. I never received the achievement. @ the person who says low priority... 9 months and counting of the issue being known? That's called no-priority:(.

This bug is very upsetting for me too; have explored it Imperial and republic side, being sure brakken messa was not my last one. I never received the achievement. @ the person who says low priority... 9 months and counting of the issue being known? That's called no-priority:(.

Hmm, well I don't even know what your bug is then, the brakken mesa thing was the only one I'd heard of. So you may have experienced a rarer bug - hence again, low priority as few people have had the problem.

I'm not trying to belittle your problem, I'm just saying BW have bugs that affect ALL players vs bugs that affect a really small number of players - it's obvious where they will be spending their time. Doesn't mean it will never be fixed, but don't hold your breath.