Oh Bioware, you so original. (new tier gear)

Tier gear has never, ever been re-used in any mmo..

Amirite?

:rolleyes:

You have a point, we don't have an ugly dead fish try eat our heads. I was just hoping for something more from Bioware. They had such a great reputation and this is just one of the many average things they've produced. If you go to a restaurant which has a great reputation and get served average-at-best food, of course you're going to be disappointed. If you go to an average restaurant and get average food, that's fine, it's expected.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problems I see with the armors is that the yellow and red outfits have duct tape holding the boots and some around the wrist. Must be uncomfortable to dance the Bollywood dances :csw_jabbapet:

Also the hole is too low and on the wrong side to be really usefull...

Should have taken exemple on the space cowboy bottom right: the hole in the mini skirt is perfectly positioned.

Yea it leaves the crotch area exposed but the planks sticking out of the boots and the 10 or so different colors (thx god I'm color blind) along with the tin foil hat help distract the attention.

I won't even talk about the brain dead appendages on the other space clown outfits.:mad:

I've voted with my wallet. I'll be back when hood toggle is in.

I have joined you sir. But I'm leaving so that they can bring in more story content which is why I bought this game, not raids. Those are things you run once with some friends to get the story then go do something else that actually does something.

TBH, this is par for the course. The gear has been dog ugly, especially on the republic side, since launch. For as much as people hate WoW and gear grinds, they expect to look bad a**. Nobody wants to look like a bloody finger BW. This crap is really starting to piss me off. Bubble butt brown robes to red and yellow condiments.

You know, I get it. People said it many times over and over again..."But they said they are doing this because T1 had Tionese, Columi, and Rakata, so that this is just going off of Campaign gear"...I. Don't. Care.

Don't you think with the amount of HATE they got from the community when Black Hole gear hit that they should have scrapped that idea completely? Seriously, it's like they purposely sent it into production just to piss off their subscribers.

Oh, and I KNOW that they have another set of gear, at least one is seen in the "Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3!" video at 0:35....So they must be new gear designs already created but just waiting to be implemented into the game. So why don't they just scrap the gear that has everybody raging and getting upset about and bring this actual NEW content out?

Here's the link to the video I'm talking about if anyone is interested. It's at 0:35 right after they say "New level cap and combat abilities". http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/preview-exciting-new-reveals-e3

Edited by mcdoogle

Most of that looks like stuff that was introduced during 1.2/1.3

Infact, 80% of that is WH and Campaign gear.

At the 0:35 mark? Wrong. You must have bad eyes. Pause, look again, and bring up a picture of JK Campaign gear. Other than the same blue color and tan robes their completely different.

Never before seen boots, legs, gloves, and shoulders (so chest piece). Although it has a similar tan-ish robe, the hood is down and is blue.....Here, I'll do it for you!

In-fact, here is a picture that I took and pasted with my horrible editing skills (picture is tiny)... http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj274/mcdoogle6969/?action=view&current=aaa-1.png

And here is a picture of BH/Campaign - http://www.trippintheforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Jedi-Knight-Gear-Tier-2.jpg

and of War Hero - http://www.trippintheforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Jedi-Knight-War-Hero-Gear.jpg

So other than color, what's the same?

Edited by mcdoogle

So much yellow and red armor, yet nothing that can make my Bounty Hunter look like Samus Aran?

For shame, BioWare! For shame!

Also, I find it funny/sad how several of those sets would look so much better if they just removed a few details.

Here's the link to the video I'm talking about if anyone is interested. It's at 0:35 right after they say "New level cap and combat abilities". http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/preview-exciting-new-reveals-e3

Oh what the hell D:< That video shows the grey/white palette that they had on the splash images on the front page and instead we get purple and red? Is that the drop gear then or was the idea of monochromatic style armour scrapped in favour of condiments?

....So they must be new gear designs already created but just waiting to be implemented into the game. So why don't they just scrap the gear that has everybody raging and getting upset about and bring this actual NEW content out?

I believe they are focusing just about all resources on coding, implementing and testing F2P systems, which is why we are seeing so much copy and pasting, with minimal effort put forth by Bioware lately. It makes me mad too.

The new cool armor will come out after F2P, and how much do you want to bet it will cost you?

I know Bioware wants to optimize the amount of money they make when F2P goes live, but I believe by doing things the way they are now (and holding back already made content and updates), they are just shafting their current customers. :mad:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm shocked that none of the doomsayers have noticed the implications of BWs statements: I'm going to make my font larger so you actually notice this one guys.

Tier 1 gear has the same skin but different colours - Tionese, Columi, Rakata.

Tier 2 Gear has the same skin but different colours - Campaign, Dread Guard.

Now here's the important part - NiM TfB will therefore drop gear with the same skin as Campaign!!!

:eek::mad::eek:

Edited by AshlaBoga