Annihilate <> Obliterate

BobaFurz

Whats your expirience here with the dmg output of both and rage management ? Iam in my late 40ish with this class and changed to a hybrid build, doing better with obliterate currently.

Not sure what you mean when you say you're "doing better" with Obliterate, they both are entirely separate style moves.

Annihilate refreshes Rupture, and gets a reduced cooldown as you use it. It hits a lot harder than Obliterate, and 1 rage is refunded through the Enraged Slash talent.

Obliterate is just a small hop with a movement speed increase that enables crit Smash.

Hybrid builds don't work well with Marauders, we generally need our top tier talents to be effective.

Well, I dont need build up that much rage with a hybrid build and can use it a lot more often during fights. Actually I like it. Did you try it ?

Do whatever you want while lvling. Whatever works for you. Hell, even at 50 do whatever you want. Thats the point of videogames.

However, if you want to be the best possible marauder (aka bringing death and destruction) then hybrid specs are certainly not the way to go.

I dont see the bigger advantage at my lvl range in pvp, doing only 400-500 crit dmg more with annihilate with a high amount of rage costs and less flexibility.

However, if you want to be the best possible marauder (aka bringing death and destruction) then hybrid specs are certainly not the way to go

What is the reason you think that you wont succeed with obliterate ?

Edited by BobaFurz

I'f you're going up the Anni tree i would highly suggest investing completely in it. Obliterate does decent damage and comes with a nice mechanic but annihilation does way more damage. Keep the annihilator stacks up and you'll be using annihilate every 7.5 seconds. As it was stated above marauders are one of the classes that hybrids don't work out quite as well as others. I'm sure you could figure some hybrid that MAY be viable but even then going up one full tree still might benefit you more overall. Last time I was rage spec and used obliterate I was getting around 2k-2.5k crits, probably would be a bit more now since I've gotten some more gear but that's still nothing compared to the 4.2k main hand and 800 off hand crit with annihilate. Ultimately, just play what you want, it's a game.

I dont see the bigger advantage at my lvl range in pvp, doing only 400-500 crit dmg more with annihilate with a high amount of rage costs and less flexibility.

What is the reason you think that you wont succeed with obliterate ?

http://i.imgur.com/kNV7S.png

the dmg tooltip difference beetwen those 2 skills. (including DUAL WIELD MASTERY)

Also notice the CD of 15 for Obliterate, and 12sec (down to 7,5cd)

Are you kidding me?

But feel free to gimp yourself in anyway possible.

Edited by atreyuz

Except in huttball when there's a gunslinger/sniper right in the middle of the top platform having no idea that I can charge up to them with obliterate for an easy score=P

Wait, what? You can obliterate someone that is in cover? I haven't used this ability very much so I have never had a chance to test this, but that would make it a lot more useful.

Wait, what? You can obliterate someone that is in cover? I haven't used this ability very much so I have never had a chance to test this, but that would make it a lot more useful.

Obliterate doesn't count as a charge ability(at least it didn't for me but I haven't been rage spec in quite a while it could have changed), but it only works 0-10m. So like the post above you mentioned and what I stated above, it has a useful mechanic in certain situations.

Different abilities used for different purposes:

• Annihalate: high damage ability used to refresh Rupture CD
  • Obliterate: low damage ability used as a gap closer if Force Leap is on CD

Obliterate is not to be used with the expectation of a high damage ability: it's a gap closer to ensure that you get your Smash off if Force Leap is on CD.

And finally, there is currently no viably "hybrid" spec for Marauders -- there is one out there but it's purely for running Huttball.

Except in huttball when there's a gunslinger/sniper right in the middle of the top platform having no idea that I can charge up to them with obliterate for an easy score=P

Except, if he's a Sniper with half a brain, he's as far out on the ledge as he can go without falling; when you Obliterate him, you fall all the way down into the pit.

Obliterate's flight and landing animation takes so long that your kiting target is generally 3-5 meters ahead of you when you land and can move again. This obviously leaves room for Smash to miss. When a 2 point talent is required to make an ability talent even somewhat viable (the 40% bonus movement speed after Obliterate), it definitely loses its luster in my eyes.