Is reverse engineering bugged or still a work in progress?

Slayd_

Getting kind of fed-up with whenever i try to RE to get a schematic, after 15-20 RE's I get nothing.. I wish there was more of a guarantee that the more I RE a particular item the greater the chance that I will eventually get something.. my experience so far is that it is completely random.. though earlier on in my synthweaving experience I seemed to get the schematics a lot easier.. now that I'm at 200+ skill I seem to very rarely get a schematic from REing.. is this common, I mean, anyone else experiencing this? I'd love to make myself an item here and there that's really nice with my synthweaving but I always end up with just a blue item with an augment slot after using 20-40000 credits worth of resources.. I might as well just buy from the marketplace right?

Yes, I am angry. I really don't care about the resources/credits spent.. for me it's about using my crafting skill to make something I can use for myself, half the time after so many RE I just have to give up and move on since my synthweaving/character level are on par and I end up outleveling the item I was trying to make.

Anyway I'm not happy with the randomness of reverse engineering.. seems like you need a guild funding your research so you can just spent thousands of resources getting the nice purple schematics.

Getting kind of fed-up with whenever i try to RE to get a schematic, after 15-20 RE's I get nothing.. I wish there was more of a guarantee that the more I RE a particular item the greater the chance that I will eventually get something.. my experience so far is that it is completely random.. though earlier on in my synthweaving experience I seemed to get the schematics a lot easier.. now that I'm at 200+ skill I seem to very rarely get a schematic from REing.. is this common, I mean, anyone else experiencing this? I'd love to make myself an item here and there that's really nice with my synthweaving but I always end up with just a blue item with an augment slot after using 20-40000 credits worth of resources.. I might as well just buy from the marketplace right?

Yes, I am angry. I really don't care about the resources/credits spent.. for me it's about using my crafting skill to make something I can use for myself, half the time after so many RE I just have to give up and move on since my synthweaving/character level are on par and I end up outleveling the item I was trying to make.

Anyway I'm not happy with the randomness of reverse engineering.. seems like you need a guild funding your research so you can just spent thousands of resources getting the nice purple schematics.

Working as intended...

Need to RE a lot to have artifacts... sad but true...

Not an easy thing to craft...

Hey. 400 Armormech (50 BH) here. I've found RE works, but it's insanely wasteful and not very well adjusted to the other gear obtaining methods.

Let's take the L49 Body piece you can craft from the vendor. I find I get a Tier 1 recipe every 20-30 RE's. I find it's about every 50-70 for Tier 2. There are 3 T1 and 5T2 combinations, many of them will be useless for your purposes but you're still rolling for them. Assuming worst case scenario and the one you're looking for is the last. You'll be spending close to 3/4 a day (played time) just crafting and 1.5-2kish mats of each category to get the item you want. Then you'll need to craft it until it crits for an augment. Then you can repeat this for the other 5 item pieces. If you're planning on selling to others there are what, 3-4 sets you need to do this for depending on class and branch? It will get mind numbingly annoying. Throw the search for epic schematics on the pile and it begins to feel like Armormech and Syntheweavers may become the capital pilots of TOR guilds.

The only plus side to Armormech is that it MAY let you make cosmetically interesting gear. I haven't seen any armormech schematics that don't produce gear that isn't already available through other means yet, but the possibility persists. I'm still not sure if the augments are going to be more powerful or even comparable to the item set bonuses PvP and PvE armor have.

It's an MMO, considered to be played for a long time, it's not like you get everything in the first few weeks. It's not a single player game. Get used to.

Sad part is: all your effort is more or less a waste of time. Except of course you think like me: I'm happy with the stuff I craft.

Edited by pryt

It's an MMO, considered to be played for a long time, it's not like you get everything in the first few weeks. It's not a single player game. Get used to.

Sad part is: all your effort is more or less a waste of time. Except of course you think like me: I'm happy with the stuff I craft.

QFE

totally agree :)

I feel it rewarding to get the Artifact even after 100 RE!!!

Yeah this is what I want, to make it for myself and then I'll be happy.. it's just that after 20+ RE and getting nothing.. I just want to give up and move on, my friends are leveling and I can't spend all my time on crafting or I'll get left behind.. just wish I could make something along the way.. I mean, I don't expect everything I try to craft to be RE into a purple.. but the last 3 times I've tried to make something, it's been fail, and I've ended up using either a blue item with the prefix I wasn't looking for, or a green with an augment slot.

Oh and.. they really need to fix how you can RE and get the same schematic you already have.. I mean seriously, you make RE this hard at least make it so you can't double up on them.

You need to look at the stats on your Crafting side as well. The higher the stat the mode difficult the RE side becomes. I know that at the lower level as I crafted items I would get other schematics learned with the improvements. So it is a give and take here.

I think it's fine as it is. If you want to get the best of the best of the best, then you need to put time and effort into the game. If they were just given by the trainer, the game crafting would be like any other game out there, and be quite boring.

Agreed. Learning the best recipes is supposed to cost something.

I think it's fine as it is. If you want to get the best of the best of the best, then you need to put time and effort into the game. If they were just given by the trainer, the game crafting would be like any other game out there, and be quite boring.

This. Crafting isn't supposed to be super-easy. Then again, it's not supposed to be a grind either. When BW talked about crafting originally, they said that only expert crafters would know where to go to find components etc. So I'm hoping this is still true. Not only that getting recipes requires some effort, but also that if you know where to go (like finding matrix shards), you can get special crafting resources.

I do agree, it shouldn't be easy to get good schematics.. it's the just how random it is that bothers me.. like just now I made 4 level 31 blue bracers, the first RE yielded a schematic.. yay.. but so random. I would rather there be some kind of guaranteed schematic after a point.

I dont understand why so many of you were jumping to the conclusion that he was trying to obtain a recipe for an artifact level item. Seems like he was attempting to proc a prototype level item from a green (name?). I agree with the very low proc chance for learning artifact level schematics but I feel like it stands to reason that the chance for prototype schematics could stand to come up a little bit seeing as how they dont elevate the current stats at all, nor are they the end all of gearing up, they're 3rd on that list. Edited by eljefeguitar

20 is too small a sample size to get any significant results from.

I mean, I got a purple stimpack recipe from something like three greens and two blues today. That's abnormally fast to RE up to tiers in my experience. At the same time, I've had days where I can't land a RE crit to save my life.

The number one way to tell made-up "random" data is the lack of streaks. People think random results should be evenly distributed, and that... meh, I could write essays on this. You get the idea.

20 is too small a sample size to get any significant results from.

I mean, I got a purple stimpack recipe from something like three greens and two blues today. That's abnormally fast to RE up to tiers in my experience. At the same time, I've had days where I can't land a RE crit to save my life.

The number one way to tell made-up "random" data is the lack of streaks. People think random results should be evenly distributed, and that... meh, I could write essays on this. You get the idea.

Random data is random especially based on one individual account i agree; however, added up from multiple people providing the same account you can start to establish a pretty good idea of how low the proc chance is at higher levels.