Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

NDiggy

Actually when I comment on how WH/BM are much better than fresh 50s I AM referring to 50s in recruit gear. It's pointless gear. You WILL NOT kill my WH in your recruit gear. I WILL NOT kill your WH in my recruit gear. For every RG person you have on your team you are gimping your team by an exponential amount. Same as with guys in PvE gear. Either way they are wasted slots.

Actually my opinion comes from both ends of the spectrum. I have two WH's so far, just got my 3rd toon (after the server merger debacle) up to 50. Snagged the full set of recruit gear specifically because it was free. Now normally what I did was window the game, shrink it and drag it into the corner of my monitor while standing at a node "guarding" it and watch a movie. This is after actually TRYING to help my team while doing the initial BM gear grind for the first toon and realizing it's just a lesson in frustration as you can't do anything.

So now I have recruit gear (FULL SET!) + BM weapon, offhand, belt/bracers (from saving while levelling). I get into WZ. Still do negligable damage and still get blown up like a level trash mob.

When I play on my WH geared toons (full augments on my OP, about halfway there on my Mara) and someone in recruit gear attacks me I ignore them. Flat out. Unless all other enemies are dead I can simply face tank them like the gnats they are. If they attack a teammate I will simply let my hots outheal them while they curbstomp the RG annoyance and remain healing my teammates vs the REAL opponents: IE - guys in augmented BM and WH gear.

RG is only an illusion of competitiveness.

When I hit 50 I had already swapped to healer at level 47 because I saw the futility of continuing as Scrapper early on. Like I said, different for DPS versus Heals, so I was alright for the longest time with War Hero Implant, Bracers and BM Implant and Ear with some Recruit for the rest. Quickly got 2 piece BM Medic and went step-by-step from there, though I have Columi Main and Offhand for quite some time too.

I wasn't willing to trade some extra expertise that amounted to about 4% heals and 9% damage redux for lower stats, but anyone going DPS absolutely needs Recruit gear. I agree that you're certainly not 1v1ing a War Hero, because once expertise is mostly canceled out it's basically Tionese player versus Rakata player. You simply cannot argue that it's worse, however, and is even quite a bit better than just staying in your 49 blues, so NOT wearing Recruit is absolutely pointless and pigheaded. People complain about being BM and losing to War Hero when the gear gap there is tiny compared to PvE 49s < Recruit.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice imaginary fact. What I said was I'm better off getting BM gear, and that the recruit gear would mean lower main stats. Think---if I'm going to get BM gear anyway, having the recruit gear won't serve much of a purpose.

What is the point stating the obvious? A blind man knowns that BM is better than recruit. But Recruit is better than any peice with zero expertise on it.

Actually those who whine about it are relatively few.

This is probably because we will be inspecting you, and thinking, "oh damn, another know-it-all coming to have a go, let him get on with it, we will try to enjoy ourselves despite his selfishness in being a self imposed weaklink to the team." I personally have given up even trying to convince people it is in theirs and their teams best interest to maximise their expertise to whatever they can

Naturally I should wear whatever boosts my stats, not lowers them. Based on my choices at the moment, though, getting the BM gear makes the most sense. If I were close to getting gear that was better than BM gear (no I'm not saying high-end recruit gear is, but obviously there's even better gear), there'd be no point spending it all on the weaker gear.

No. Naturally, within a PVP environment, you should wear whatever gear boosts your expertise, period.

Remember, PVP is not about 1 vs 1, it is team Vs team. A recruit geared person can do little damage to a WH geared person, but he can annoy the healer, he can help guard objectives, take part in huttball etc, it is not about killing people one V one.

You make some good points, without being unnecessarily uncivil about it. Congratulations! I'll say that I've managed to do those things (annoy the healer, etc.) without recruit gear so far, though. Other than that, you've pretty much convinced me. Initially I was on a smaller server where PvP really was just a quick way to get credits, but on a larger server what you said makes a lot of sense. I'm pretty well convinced.

Yet again you fail to show why I should spend on recruit gear, or that there's nothing better I could do with thousands of free credits than get gear I won't be using once I have BM gear anyway.

The fact that you refuse to accept it is not the same as me failing to show it.

Why aren't you just PvPing until you can save up 3500/2000 again and jump to a War Hero piece or two directly, since you won't be using that BM gear once you hit WH? There's absolutely no point in not wearing Recruit, even less when it's handed to you for free. Good god man.

You make some good points, without being unnecessarily uncivil about it. Congratulations! I'll say that I've managed to do those things (annoy the healer, etc.) without recruit gear so far, though. Other than that, you've pretty much convinced me. Initially I was on a smaller server where PvP really was just a quick way to get credits, but on a larger server what you said makes a lot of sense. I'm pretty well convinced.

Again about the attitude. I'm not here to cater to people who think they know it all and refuse pure numbers and facts when they're presented to them and respond with utter nonsense like "BM is better than Recruit" as if that's a valid counterpoint. I'm perfectly happy to sit here and keep showing you how dumb what you're arguing is, I'm going to be bored all night anyway save for a few hours where I have to get up and do my job.

Why aren't you just PvPing until you can save up 3500/2000 again and jump to a War Hero piece or two directly, since you won't be using that BM gear once you hit WH?

Excellent suggestion!

I kid, of course. I'm man enough to admit (eventually) when I'm wrong, I just prefer dealing with people who aren't rude for the heck of it, so I was being facetious. Anyway, see above. I normally respect your no-nonsense style of attitude, but you'll be doing yourself a favour cutting it down a notch. Have a nice day.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

Excellent suggestion!

I kid, of course. I'm man enough to admit (eventually) when I'm wrong, I just prefer dealing with people who aren't rude for the heck of it, so I was being facetious. Anyway, see above.

The thing is, I referenced a few times that you were just being willfully dense and simply not accepting what I was saying. I know full well you were refusing simply because I didn't go "Well, with all due respect to your personal ego and feelings, I believe you are wrong and here's why: <Argument> Have a good day."

I don't -have- to present myself as such and it's my right not to. The original post I responded to read like someone who thought they had it all figured out when they were utterly wrong and that those complaining and saying "Get Recruit gear" were somehow morons and just picking on this poor genius who's cracked the PvP code.

The thing is, I referenced a few times that you were just being willfully dense and simply not accepting what I was saying. I know full well you were refusing simply because I didn't go "Well, with all due respect to your personal ego and feelings, I believe you are wrong and here's why: <Argument> Have a good day."

I don't -have- to present myself as such and it's my right not to. The original post I responded to read like someone who thought they had it all figured out when they were utterly wrong and that those complaining and saying "Get Recruit gear" were somehow morons and just picking on this poor genius who's cracked the PvP code.

Never said it wasn't within your rights, but then being allowed to do something is not the best reason for doing it. Regardless, I didn't have the best attitude myself in hindsight, and I stand corrected.

Never said it wasn't within your rights, but then being allowed to do something is not the best reason for doing it. Regardless, I didn't have the best attitude myself in hindsight, and I stand corrected.

No, it's not, but expecting a certain behavior from someone else isn't the best thing to do, even less when they're offering advice/insight/knowledge of their own free will. Fair enough though, some people just need to hear "please and thank you" for some reason. I'm someone who ignores how something is presented and looks at the bare facts of it.

Edited by Daiyukie

No, it's not, but expecting a certain behavior from someone else isn't the best thing to do, even less when they're offering advice/insight/knowledge of their own free will. Fair enough though, some people just need to hear "please and thank you" for some reason. I'm someone who ignores how something is presented and looks at the bare facts of it.

Yeah, actually I should thank you for that. I aim to be more like that. I'd gotten so used to being expected to present myself that way, or expecting it from others, that it had become something like second nature. I think how something is presented is worth considering where you're trying to persuade someone, up to a point, but when you're presenting facts it really is a different story in a way. We all need to blow off some steam.

Anyway I guess I'll get that recruit gear, if I can before the servers go down for a few hours.

Yeah, actually I should thank you for that. I aim to be more like that. I'd gotten so used to being expected to present myself that way, or expecting it from others, that it had become something like second nature. I think how something is presented is worth considering where you're trying to persuade someone, up to a point, but when you're presenting facts it really is a different story in a way. We all need to blow off some steam.

Anyway I guess I'll get that recruit gear, if I can before the servers go down for a few hours.

Yeah if it's something more intangible the way you say things can utterly change meanings, but when it comes to accepted truths or math, it just IS, no matter how it's said.

Notice I never called you retarded or something, just pigheaded =p I erroneously assumed you'd see numbers that made sense and go "Oh, I see" or something of the like. Good talk

• 2 weeks later...
Level 49 now. when i hit 50 i wont get any pvp gear just so i can see the hate tells

People fail to realize that as many people send hate tells then put you on ignore. There are countless others that see you and the person sending the tells and realize you're a troll and ignore you as well. In a guild surpassing 200 people everyone blacklists you so that's quite a bit of people that can be in group finder and youll never get a pop, on top of not receiving any heals/shield support when you are PVPing. Play how you like, The ramifications extend beyond that match.

Frankly im sure most anyone that happened to put together a raid and remembered you as a troll they'd blacklist you on the spot as well.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Noob question: I am new to TWO pvp and have been hunting around for the recruit gear but can't seem to find it. Any help?

Also, are there guilds out there who are willing to take newer pvpers and train them up? If so, let me know.

Edited by Sargon_IV
adding something

Noob question: I am new to TWO pvp and have been hunting around for the recruit gear but can't seem to find it. Any help?

Also, are there guilds out there who are willing to take newer pvpers and train them up? If so, let me know.

There is no longer recruit gear. You go into PvP wearing normal PvE gear until you have the warzone commendations to buy Partisan (level 55).