Sith Sorcerer DPS PVP Build?

Zahotep

This is a DPS spec, yes, but it's not for PvP since it takes Polarity Shift over Haunted Dreams.

The 2 most common build are either hybrid Lightning/Madness or full madness.

3/7/31 : http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hZf00MZcMfRsMkrfz.1

This spec relies on DoTs damage, Force Lightning to get instant Crushing darkness proc and good "passive" self-healing. It is especially brutal if you can abuse LoS and kite as you will slowly drain their HP while your replenish.

0/23/18 : http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201Zfc0MdRrhZcMcRsMz.1

(Note, you can swap out Forked lightning for parasitism and Deathmark if you want, it's a bit of self-healing + more dots dmg VS RNG Burst)

This is a more bursty spec, you want to keep affliction on at all time to proc Lightning Barrage, you lose Creeping Terror as a 2 sec root on a 9 sec CD and self-healing, but you gain the utilities of lightning (no mana issue, root on knockback and blind on bubble).

You will want to spam Force Lightning to get Wrath proc, then use them on (crushing darkness on CD) but mostly Lightning Strike, which in turn will proc instant Chain Lightning. The burst is not predictable, but you can expect to get one in a 10ish seconds timeframe if your abilities are hitting.

Enjoy

Edited by ACrazyGuy

full madness is the way to go for pvp... creeping terror will give you tons of survivability when you have a melee trying to smash your face in. it really makes you see who the good melee players are from the bad.

the bad ones you can kite all day while the good ones will still be a pain in your butt, but you can usually survive long enuff to get to your healer and for your team to peel em off you.

since 1.2 and having to give up my big numbers hybrid spec.. i feel much less gimped in a 1v1 situation being full madness. so it is the spec that i highly reccomend to any new sorc.

Edited by crustie

Hybrid between Lightning and Madness is still the way to go. I am frequently top 1 or 2 damage in wz's on a busy server in full Bm gear. Can't break the 500k barrier but am sure others have. I feel my dps is better than most other classes.

If you're new to the game, Madness, not Hybrid, is the way to go in pvp. Hybrid has a high reliance on a damage type called "Kinetic." Kinetic damage gets reduced by armor. Once you hit 50, you'll be outgeared vs the opponents and, as such, your damage output goes right in the toilet.

Madness, on the other hand, relies mostly on a damage type called internal. Internal damage doesn't care what gear your opponent's wearing (apart from expertise) and will bypass every mitigation mechanic other than other classes' emergency DR cooldowns (no damage type gets through those). When I was a fresh 50 and switched from hybrid to madness, my damage output doubled.

full madness is the way to go for pvp... creeping terror will give you tons of survivability when you have a melee trying to smash your face in. it really makes you see who the good melee players are from the bad.

the bad ones you can kite all day while the good ones will still be a pain in your butt, but you can usually survive long enuff to get to your healer and for your team to peel em off you.

since 1.2 and having to give up my big numbers hybrid spec.. i feel much less gimped in a 1v1 situation being full madness. so it is the spec that i highly reccomend to any new sorc.

This is also true. The pre-1.2 hybrid spec was clearly best-in-show, but bioware broke it by taking away the free chain lightnings. Even then, no sorc spec since the game came out does better in 1 v 1 situations than madness.