(BUG) Marka Ragnos set not showing in Collections

Shefu

Hi everybody,

Today I purchased the Marka Ragnos set for one of my alts, I did it with the intention of unlocking it for all my characters via "collections".

I purchased 4 pieces from the GTN, and 2 from the I.C.E Vendor.

They're all equipped on my alt at the moment. I tried removing them and putting them in my bank etc...however it's still showing that I don't have the set when I look under collections.

Any suggestions?

Is the pieces from the ICE vendor really compatible With the others? Guess you will have to buy all the pieces from the GTN not just 4.

You're on the right path here. The items from reputation vendors do not unlock the piece in Collections. If you were to compile the set from different, non-reputation sources (such as some from the Cartel Market, some from the GTN), it would unlock. Reputation items, however, are specific to the character with the rep.

You're on the right path here. The items from reputation vendors do not unlock the piece in Collections. If you were to compile the set from different, non-reputation sources (such as some from the Cartel Market, some from the GTN), it would unlock. Reputation items, however, are specific to the character with the rep.

That's not true. You CAN unlock sets in the collection with pieces from reputation vendors, but you need to wait until the refund timer has finished and the item gets permanently bound to your character.

I unlocked the Thana Vesh set this way, by combining the chestpiece from rep vendor with the rest of the set bought from GTN.

The only items you can't unlock, are those which are exclusively available on the rep vendors, e.g. the golden Triumvirate set.

Edited by Sindariel

So if I understand correctly, are we supposed to consider the items from the Contraband and Bounty rep vendors (Thana Vesh set, Mask of Nihilus, etc) as the ones that are "bugged" since they do unlock those items and complete sets on the Collections?

Edited by DarthDymond

1) Nowhere in the in game HELP files or even the forums does is state that u can not complete a collection the way I have.There is actually no guideline that explains any of this clearly, you'd think there would be at least a sticky on the forums. But even if there was, most players never check those, there should be a tool tip stating specifically that the items won't count for the collection, but there aren't. This is BIOWARE's responsibility not the player's.

2) I have spent a lot of money on Cartel Packs in order to get Hero rep with I.C.E. and the Certificates needed for gear. Rep which by the way is ACCOUNT wide on all my characters, so your above is invalid and does not apply.

So if I understand correctly, are we supposed to consider the items from the Contraband and Bounty rep vendors (Thana Vesh set, Mask of Nihilus, etc) as the ones that are "bugged" since they do unlock those items and complete sets on the Collections?

None of this is properly explained anywhere man, which is what leads to these frustrating and unfair situation. People spend their time and money on this game and sometimes their investment is not treated with the proper respect.

I've unlocked the Aratech Nethian vehicle from 1 of the reputation vendors on the same day I purchased the Marka Ragnos set. That one works but my armor doesn't. They have yet to reply to my in-game ticket.

That's untrue. If items are not being added to collections through the ICE vendors, then that's a change in the way these vendors work. Through the Bounty Supply vendors, I purchased the Mira's Armor set and the Miniature Isotope-5 Droid and they added to my collections. Through the Contraband Resale vendors, I purchased the Diplomat's Hoverchair, Ruddyscale Kowakian Monkey-Lizard, and Shadow Nekarr Cat and they all added to my collections. For the armor sets, they would add to collections once the bind timer wears off or if you added mods to accelerate the bind process. Frankly, it SHOULD work this way too as Cartel Certificates come from packs so this stuff is still being purchased through the CM.

That's untrue. If items are not being added to collections through the ICE vendors, then that's a change in the way these vendors work. Through the Bounty Supply vendors, I purchased the Mira's Armor set and the Miniature Isotope-5 Droid and they added to my collections. Through the Contraband Resale vendors, I purchased the Diplomat's Hoverchair, Ruddyscale Kowakian Monkey-Lizard, and Shadow Nekarr Cat and they all added to my collections. For the armor sets, they would add to collections once the bind timer wears off or if you added mods to accelerate the bind process. Frankly, it SHOULD work this way too as Cartel Certificates come from packs so this stuff is still being purchased through the CM.

All valid points, they're all items from the CM. And the timer has worn off quickly because I put mods it in....

This is very frustrating :|

I'm looking into this now to find out. I'll update this thread as I get info.

Thanks Tait, appreciate that.

In the end it's EA/BW's call how they want to implement it, the items do even have a different icon (the star-like icon instead of the Cartel Coin icon), but honestly, to have them work one way for two Rep factions and then change on the third... well, even if it was initially a bug I think you'd want to take a serious look at whether this may be a genuine disservice to your players at this stage.

Especially given, as others pointed out, that the items can still only be acquired via CM packs (albeit indirectly) through grinding Rep Items and Cartel Certificates, since both are only obtainable through the Packs. Again, even if it wasn't your original intent to have them unlock, given how things have played out, it's probably worth a good hard look.

No. Way back when the first vendors of the kind were introduced we were specifically told these items are supposed to add to the collections just as well as the ones from the Cartel Market. I think there even was a specific patch early on that added that functionality. Once the bind timer runs out, the pieces should add to the collections even when mixed and matched with the pieces from the packs, that's how it's supposed to work. Edited by Glzmo

Keep in mind:

1: Reputation-exclusive items i.e. items that you can ONLY get with reputation (e.g. Resplendent Crown of Avarice, Opulent Triumvirate, Volatile Shock Trooper, etc.) do add to Collections when bound. The only thing about the Reputation-exclusive items is that they can't be unlocked account-wide in Collections, and even the character adding them can't claim additional copies.

2: Other Reputation items that are Reputation versions of old Cartel items (e.g. Mira's Combat Armor, Revan's Mask, Diplomat's Meditation Hoverchair, etc.) are likewise added to Collections when bound, and as these are Cartel items (or replicas of Cartel items), Collections treats them as such and lets you claim copies and unlock them account-wide.

3: Since Reputation replicas of Cartel items count as Cartel items, it is possible to mix them with "real" Cartel items. Personally, I got Revan's Chestplate, Robe and Sash from packs (I bought a lot of packs to get that sash), traded with another player to get the Gloves, and then bought the Mask from the Reputation vendor (I bought a lot of packs to get enough Reputation), equipped it all, and it was added to my Collections, from where I could claim additional copies and/or unlock it.

- This is how it has worked and does work with ALL Reputation vendors except for the new I.C.E. vendor.

- Why should some Reputation items (i.e. the Reputation-specific items such as Opulent Triumvirate) add to Collections (where you can't unlock them) if others (i.e. Cartel replicas) shouldn't? That would make the whole Collections feature even more confusing than it already is when there are items you can't claim copies of. Why even have them in Collections?

- Also remember that while Cartel items come from packs bought with money, you can buy them from other players, while Reputation items require Reputation and often Certificates which requires YOU to have bought several hypercrates of packs. Players who buy Legend-rank items from the Reputation vendors are your most loyal customers. They have paid you (BioWare) more money to get the item from a Reputation vendor than someone who bought it off GTN.

Edited by SelvesteSand

- This is how it has worked and does work with ALL Reputation vendors except for the new I.C.E. vendor.

- Why should some Reputation items (i.e. the Reputation-specific items such as Opulent Triumvirate) add to Collections (where you can't unlock them) if others (i.e. Cartel replicas) shouldn't? That would make the whole Collections feature even more confusing than it already is when items there are items you can't claim copies of. Why even have them in Collections?

- Also remember that while Cartel items come from packs bought with money, you can buy them from other players, while Reputation items require Reputation and often Certificates which requires YOU to have bought several hypercrates of packs. Players who buy Legend-rank items from the Reputation vendors are your most loyal customers. They have paid you (BioWare) more money to get the item from a Reputation vendor than someone who bought it off GTN.

You are on point with everything you said, it's exactly what I was trying to say. I got an answer to my ticket saying that they are having issues with some collection items not being added, but GOD knows when they'll actually fix it.

Can someone tell if this is only a problem with armor or if it is with all items? Are mounts, pets, and emotes from the I.C.E. vendor added to Collections? Specifically, I'd like to know about Morlinger Aggressor, Grassland Varactyl, and Irradiated Varactyl because I'm considering buying those.

Any news on this? :)

Excellent question, and I apologize for the delay - I wanted to make sure I had all of the information before answering. The bug is that some reputation items are NOT unlocking. They should unlock the item in Collections for you. I've passed this along to the team for them to look at.

-tw

Edited by TaitWatson

Excellent question, and I apologize for the delay - I wanted to make sure I had all of the information before answering. The bug is that some reputation items are NOT unlocking. They should unlock the item in Collections for you. I've passed this along to the team for them to look at.

-tw

Have I mentioned how awesome and refreshing it is to see so many yellow posts from you responding to so many things?

-tw

Thanks a lot for replying, looking forward to this getting fixed soon! Keep us posted when u have more info!

-tw

Thanks for the reply Tait! Appreciate the communications - keep up the great work.

-tw

Thanks, Tait! Looking forward to get this resolved. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey folks,

This is going to be fixed with 2.7.1. Thanks!

-tw

Sorry to bug you again, Tait, but it seems only part of the problem has been solved.

2.7.1 patch notes say: The Marka Ragnos Armor Set now unlocks in Collections if pieces were purchased from the Interplanetary Component Exchange (I.C.E.) vendor."

But what about all the other items purchased from the Interplanetary Component Exchange (I.C.E.) vendor? This bug goes for everything the vendor sells; not just the Marka Ragnos set! There is another thread about other items like Trophy Hunter's Mask and Series 505 Cybernetic armor set. I have an I.C.E.-bought Trophy Hunter's Mask which is still bound and still not added to Collections. Equipping doesn't help. Please fix all the other stuff too! :/

(But thanks again for the quick attempt at sorting the problem)