A healers rant

ufarax

What the heck is going on? Every flash point is now an adventure in insanity. I'm leveling up my operative healer, In the past week I've had to add over 20 to my ignore list. Tanks not tanking, dps tanking. Died 4 times in Athiss, on trash. Died 10 times in Mando, on trash. When I try to explain the fights "just shut up and heal". Players needing on every item, regardless of class. End of rant. :rolleyes:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanks not knowing how to taunt or when to taunt.

Dps Breaking Mez

Nobody wants to interupt killer abilities from the mobs or boss.

rush rush rush

People who play tanks on another toon thinking they can tank with a op dps.

People not upgrading abilities to required levels wondering why they suck or lack DPS.

People just facerolling the keyboard thinking they are a leet super player playing that way.

I can go on and on.

Edited by bravotwentysev

In other words.... PUGs have evolved to their natural state of equalibrium in this game, just like every other MMO. :p

There is a reason I only group with people I actually know in-game. ;)

On a postive note... we will likely see more and more QQ threads about how there are not enough healers in the game... like we just recently encountered. :D And such threads will continue to fail on the cause/effect analysis.

Edited by Andryah

I'm glad that you heal.

I've died because healers wanted to dps.

I had one time when I was barely away from death and saw that the healer was dpsing instead of healing. I even told him to heal and he didn't. Then I died.

Me: "Star is my CC"

Group Finder Sentinel: "OK cool."

Me: <casts crowd control on mob with GIANT star over it's head>

Group Finder Sentinel: <force-leaps to CC'd mob with GIANT star over it's head>

It can go the same for DPS.

Tanks says CC Fire mob. Healer ..ok... Cast...mezzed... DPS does AOE ...Mez broken..grouped wiped. Dps states "wasnt me that broke it".

Me: "Star is my CC"

Group Finder Sentinel: "OK cool."

Me: <casts crowd control on mob with GIANT star over it's head>

Group Finder Sentinel: <force-leaps to CC'd mob with GIANT star over it's head>

LOL.... that is an epic example of a root cause problem. :D

People like that need a game feature so that they can add themselves to your ignore list and save you the trouble of having to do it. :p

Edited by Andryah

u get what u pay for,,,a game, that goes F2P WILL suffer a loss of quality,,

both in game , and in players,,so now u have to try 5 "bads", before finding one "good"

welcome to the future

You exude your F2P hate well. However, folks gotta sub to do more than 3 FPs a week or to do any Ops. It won't be much of a difference.

I'm glad that you heal.

I've died because healers wanted to dps.

I had one time when I was barely away from death and saw that the healer was dpsing instead of healing. I even told him to heal and he didn't. Then I died.

I agree if I am appointed as healer dont expect me to DPS at all. If its a decked out tank that I know isnt a force sponge than I will cast my AOE heal than my 3 dots and go back to healing. Otherwise its heal heal heal.

Mando Raiders. Tank and DPS attacks gold, other trash attacks me. I fight and survive, at half health and half energy....as are the rest of the group. At half health they run to the next fight and die. They then say " dude why aren't you healing". I added them to ignore, text a fiery response. I then exited the area. And I felt bad afterwards. :eek:

Mando Raiders. Tank and DPS attacks gold, other trash attacks me. I fight and survive, at half health and half energy....as are the rest of the group. At half health they run to the next fight and die. They then say " dude why aren't you healing". I added them to ignore, text a fiery response. I then exited the area. And I felt bad afterwards. :eek:

Those are bad DPS. I know on my Mara I always kill adds first from weakest to strongest, the way it should be. I'm sure tanks and healers love me as I make their job so much easier. On my tank on the other hand, it seems every DPS I get grouped with jump immediately on the Elite or Champion leaving me to go round up all the adds while they tank the boss. That's backwards.

I seen someone even mention in this thread that that's why they don't do PuG's, but unfortunately for me, even my own guild is really terrible and does the same. I did a guild run with 2 alt Marauders in decent gear and boy were they bad. They stood in fire and died, they didn't kill adds at all for the most part and they even hit Enrage timers. TWO MARAUDERS IN DECENT GEAR HITTING ENRAGE TIMERS! I'm sorry, but I were on my Mara the boss would be dead long before an Enrage timer regardless of the other DPS in the Foundry.

One even kept accidentally blowing his Bloodthirst before every boss. We wiped on a few bosses and ended up wiping on HK in the Foundry quite a few times. I NEVER wipe in Foundry or on HK for that matter in PuG runs! My own guild is far worse than any PuG. What is there left for me to do in this game when this happens?

Edited by Eyesmindassassin

What the heck is going on? Every flash point is now an adventure in insanity. I'm leveling up my operative healer, In the past week I've had to add over 20 to my ignore list. Tanks not tanking, dps tanking. Died 4 times in Athiss, on trash. Died 10 times in Mando, on trash. When I try to explain the fights "just shut up and heal". Players needing on every item, regardless of class. End of rant. :rolleyes:

Yeah! What the hell is up with this part especially? I'm leveling up my fourth toon, an OP heals. I'm in Boarding Party and our Assassin tank needs on a +cunning item. I needed on it too, he gets it, I ask him why the heck he needed it since he's +WP and he doesn't even have a cunning companion yet (My main is a sorc so I know.) And he just goes off on me how he can use the enhancements blah blah blah...

He's a tank, the enhancements are +power, so I lost out on a super good orange item that was a huge upgrade so that our tank could pull the +power enhancement from it. I left group.

This has been happening more and more and more.

I've kinda gotten used to this kind of thing healing HM fp for my daily. Your heals are AOE aggro so if the tank is using single target taunt and the dps hasn't touched something, its coming after you. Not sure what other heal classes do but on my operative I can still fire off kolto/surgical probes, my AOE heal, my cleanse, etc as I kite, and I can always drop a flashbang, use debilitate, droid cc, aggro dump, pop in and out of stealth, etc. If its just a weak or normal I'd probably just chuck a grenade at them then use headshot (THUNK!). Having 20k hp helps too.

I kinda see a distracted tank or undergeared/gold happy dps as a challenge though, and tbh it makes the HM more exciting for me. If I'm alive I'm gonna do everything I can to keep everyone else alive, kinda how I see it.

I finally decided to roll a healer (Jedi Sage) and I was leveling with the Rep side flashpoint. I got 2 Guardians and 1 Sent. ... It was the BIGGEST Epeen fighting contest I had ever seen. All they did was yell and gripe at each other.

1 guy was needing everything, so the other three decided to need as well. (They would pass on willpower gear tho, lol).Yeah, I had to put all three on my ignore list ... It was the most horrible experience I've had ...

You exude your F2P hate well. However, folks gotta sub to do more than 3 FPs a week or to do any Ops. It won't be much of a difference.

believe me,,a noob player can cause a lot of trouble i 3 raids a week,,now multiply that by the amount of

F2P players,, i still see them in STO,,joining a red alert with a lvl 7 lieutenant..if we ask them to leave,

they usually get mad and start flaming

Yea I shelved my healer once I started to realize I would put 2-3 people on ignore per day. It just dawned on me that I wasn't having fun. It's mostly due to other people(AKA DPS) that don't do anything to make life easier as a healer. They break cc's, NEVER interrupt, don't manage aggro, pull before the tank, and tell the group how they should play.

Honestly I wish bioware would just give more rewards to healers/tanks, so we had some incentive to deal with these people. Also there should be some kind of reward for interrupting attacks, because then maybe DPS would learn why that skill is useful. Holy god no DPS uses interrupt...EVER.

Also people that can't be bothered to use their out of combat healing ability...that's just being lazy. You can honestly tell what group members play a healer and which ones don't.

I hit ignore cap the 2nd month after launch....I'd pay for ignore list increases in the F2P Store even at this point!
You too? My tank alone has maxed the cap...at level 18.

My poor healer. I'd just heal friends if I had any friends left that played SWTOR. :(

Yea I shelved my healer once I started to realize I would put 2-3 people on ignore per day. It just dawned on me that I wasn't having fun. It's mostly due to other people(AKA DPS) that don't do anything to make life easier as a healer. They break cc's, NEVER interrupt, don't manage aggro, pull before the tank, and tell the group how they should play.

Honestly I wish bioware would just give more rewards to healers/tanks, so we had some incentive to deal with these people. Also there should be some kind of reward for interrupting attacks, because then maybe DPS would learn why that skill is useful. Holy god no DPS uses interrupt...EVER.

Also people that can't be bothered to use their out of combat healing ability...that's just being lazy. You can honestly tell what group members play a healer and which ones don't.

When allies don't heal themselves out of combat, it's a tell.....this is going to be a bad group. I had a healer thank me in group chat, for taunting the mob...and saving him. I was on my DPS assassin, the tank took offense. I think the problem is PVP. A lot of pvp players confuse it with PVE.:eek:

I just let idiots die.

It is my policy not to save anyone from their own acts of egregious stupidity.

If someone rushes in at 30% health, if they stand in a big red AOE, if they break CC, if they run out of healing range to pull things before the tank, if they continuously pull threat.

I consider DPS to be a skill role, just like tank or healer. The role of the DPS is to do as much damage to the boss as possible while taking as little damage from the boss as possible. To fail at either of these is to be a crappy DPS.

It is not my job to mitigate the consequences of foolish choices made by capricious and unskilled players. My role as healer is to manage party health to the benefit of the party. It is simply an unfortunate truth that some players contribute more to team success while dead.

I just let idiots die.

It is my policy not to save anyone from their own acts of egregious stupidity.

If someone rushes in at 30% health, if they stand in a big red AOE, if they break CC, if they run out of healing range to pull things before the tank, if they continuously pull threat.

I consider DPS to be a skill role, just like tank or healer. The role of the DPS is to do as much damage to the boss as possible while taking as little damage from the boss as possible. To fail at either of these is to be a crappy DPS.

It is not my job to mitigate the consequences of foolish choices made by capricious and unskilled players. My role as healer is to manage party health to the benefit of the party. It is simply an unfortunate truth that some players contribute more to team success while dead.

Like another wise poster said before me. It's mostly PVP mindset DPS that ruin the game for us healers. They have a selfish attitude and don't mingle well with PVE groups, yet they claim PVP takes more skill.

Like another wise poster said before me. It's mostly PVP mindset DPS that ruin the game for us healers. They have a selfish attitude and don't mingle well with PVE groups, yet they claim PVP takes more skill.

You got to be kidding me. PVPers dont backpeddal out of AoEs, they use interrupts, focus on attack marks, respect mezzes and are overall more prone for quicker reaction.

People that never had any reason to use interrupts before (too much ops raiding without rupt duty) are more of the problem causing type.

PVEler just rush through the FP. I've tried to equip my seer with the 2er pve setbonus, therefor I listed my mostly WH equipped sage via gf. I did this 3 times until I finally didnt got TaralV, where all the PVE just ignore everything and dont even respond to the request to kill atleast the bosses for gear drop (I only need tionese for crying out loud)