Corellia Rocket Tram

Jaren_Kincaid

How on earth do I win the Corellia rocket tram fight? I've tried it multiple times now, and I always get defeated by the level 50 bad guys. Either there's a trick of which I'm not aware, or the mission is unwinnable. Which is it?! Edited by Jaren_Kincaid

I understand that you're typing this out of frustration and I can empathize, but in order for anyone to help you and give you some advice, a little more context would go a long way.

- what is the exact name of the mission (as there are several missions pertaining to the corellia rocket tram), can you tell us how many adversaries you are facing and what you think is killing you?

- what class are you playing and which spec?

- what companion is with you?

- what level are you?

If anything you can always use your heroic moment as soon as the fight starts. Have you tried it?

I understand that you're typing this out of frustration and I can empathize, but in order for anyone to help you and give you some advice, a little more context would go a long way.

- what is the exact name of the mission (as there are several missions pertaining to the corellia rocket tram), can you tell us how many adversaries you are facing and what you think is killing you?

- what class are you playing and which spec?

- what companion is with you?

- what level are you?

If anything you can always use your heroic moment as soon as the fight starts. Have you tried it?

The mission is called Rocket Tram Support, and I'm at the stage "Meet with the repair team". It's when I click the chief engineer to start the conversation that around a gazillion Imperials appear and wipe me out. They just keep coming and I'm overwhelmed by weight of numbers.

I am a level 49 Jedi Sentinel.

My companion is the healer, Doc. He tends to get killed before I do.

Normally with large numbers of enemies, I expect to die once or twice, but provided I regenerate in situ, I can wear down the numbers of bad guys to eventually win. In this case, however, as soon as I fall, the numbers reset, so I never make any headway.

Ah I do remember that mission and it caused me also trouble. There are indeed several waves that, contrary to other missions, spawn very quickly and do not let you recuperate.

Since you're using doc (which would be my choice too, as it's a long fight and a healer extends your life) what I would suggest is this:

- use your heroic moment as soon as the fight starts (ideally a few seconds into the fight as to not waste any regen tick, but as it becomes hectic fast, a fire-and-forget would get this out of the way and you can focus on killing stuff)

- your priority is to keep the ennemies off Doc so he can heal you primarily (instead of spreading the healing on both of you). Remember to check off his offensive abilities so that he is 100% healing (especially de-activate his crowd control ability that stun the opponent, as himself won't heal you in the meantime. You can do this by right clicking the little green button on the ability icon).

- as soon as a new wave pops, charge/ grab the new ennemies' attention at once, in order to have them focus on you and not doc. You can leave one or two that will hit doc (so that you don't get overwhelmed yourself) but the brunt of the attack should be on you.

- you may be using them already, but a presence stim will boost doc's (and any companion) ability, and also a medpack for yourself when you're low on life.

- as a sentinel, you can throw your lightsaber at one ennemy, then jump on another. That'll make two that are focusing on you. Bump the one you're attacking off the ledge (unfortunately it won't kill him but at least it'll delay it), it'll reset your charge cooldown so that you can jump on a third opponent right away. Once you have the attention of all three, you can start killing them.

- if you've got several ennemies in range you can buy yourself some time with your awe ability that will keep them feared for several precious seconds, so that Doc can heal you some. As the fight is pretty long, you can probably use it twice in the combat, do not hesitate (even just for two or three opponents).

that's about what I can think of. I hope it helps.

Another solution would be for you to wait until you reach 50 to do that mission again.

Edited by Oggthebase

Not familiar with that mission myself, so don't assume I have the best strategy.

The problem seems to be that your companion slot is waisted too fast, so you're already losing the reason for choosing that one. I'd try one with more survivability and/or damage dealing. But you'd lack healing, it can be a hard choice in a long battle, but if you can't keep the healer alive it's best to kill fast I think..

Another option can be to ask other players if they are willing to help you out.

You can always do something else to get to level 50 and get yourself recruit gear from the PvP vendors. This is better than most things you'll find in the story areas and a good start regardless of what post-story content you may be interested in (not just PvP). You can also equip your companions with that to increase their survivability.

Edited by Lyshar

When playing with a healer companion, for quests like these you need to protect him. When he heals you, he will pull agro on all the mobs you have not touched yet. So you need to kill the things attacking him. Make sure he is decently geared and he will keep you alive.