Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall.

Can we have the cape now? :)

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It comes with a cape?

It has a hood, shoulder puffs, a ring and now a cape?

Whatever happened to "less is more"?

He always had a cape. If they want it to look right, they need to add a cape.

It comes with a cape?

It has a hood, shoulder puffs, a ring and now a cape?

Whatever happened to "less is more"?

Because Revan always wore a cape. W'e're not debating how end-game gear should look or whatever, this is about making Important character's gear look how it should.

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/026/0/6/darth_revan_by_sticklove-d5st22c.jpg

Edited by Aelther

Because Revan always wore a cape. W'e're not debating how end-game gear should look or whatever, this is about making Important character's gear look how it should.

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/026/0/6/darth_revan_by_sticklove-d5st22c.jpg

I'm one of those horrible members of the underclass who didn't have the KOTOR series bundled with my game, so, while I understood that you were talking about his canon appearance, I still find it somewhat unfathomable from a design perspective.

I'm not questioning that it might the "correct" look, just that it seems... fussy. And all the capes thus far in the game look horrible.

I'm one of those horrible members of the underclass who didn't have the KOTOR series bundled with my game, so, while I understood that you were talking about his canon appearance, I still find it somewhat unfathomable from a design perspective.

I'm not questioning that it might the "correct" look, just that it seems... fussy. And all the capes thus far in the game look horrible.

Wouldn't call it fussy. Cape is kind of a noticeable part of the outfit. If we were being fussy we'd all be going on about how the only part of the in-game set that actually looks like Revan's gear is the helmet :p

Wouldn't call it fussy. Cape is kind of a noticeable part of the outfit. If we were being fussy we'd all be going on about how the only part of the in-game set that actually looks like Revan's gear is the helmet :p

No, fussy like busy. Too much stuff. Over-adorned. Not nit-picky.

No, fussy like busy. Too much stuff. Over-adorned. Not nit-picky.

Ahh. Well, EAware went and changed the outfit quite a bit from the original, so maybe, though I personally don't use the set because of the lack of a cape.

I still find it somewhat unfathomable from a design perspective.

That's all personal taste. I personally love seeing full custom armor models with multiple layers of cloth and objects that obviously need a separate model having a separate model. I mean look at current set. The chest is mostly painted on naked body with some weird looking shoulder model slapped on top and a hood. The lower robe is exactly the same 1 layered robe as any other in game, all the other layers are just painted on top including a metal ring. Only the mask seems ok, except that the texture quality of it is kinda low.

Edited by Aelther

Almost all of the armour pieces in this game are flat pieces of cardboard strapped onto the characters and that needs to be addressed, not that it ever will be, of course.

But hey, they're fixing part of the Revan robe even though they said it was fine, that's something.

Almost all of the armour pieces in this game are flat pieces of cardboard strapped onto the characters and that needs to be addressed, not that it ever will be, of course.

But hey, they're fixing part of the Revan robe even though they said it was fine, that's something.

Fully agree.

Just a thought, but for situations such as this where there are two "versions" of an item (due to error or whatever): with the new Collections system coming, surely it will be possible to allow players to have both? By which I mean, the collection entry for these items has two bits of gear that can be claimed from the collection, allowing players to choose?

Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

I'm just going to throw my voice into the mix. THANK YOU! With the recent releases of lore character armor, I feel Revan deserves the same treatment! Please make it KOTOR style Revan armor!

Just a thought, but for situations such as this where there are two "versions" of an item (due to error or whatever): with the new Collections system coming, surely it will be possible to allow players to have both? By which I mean, the collection entry for these items has two bits of gear that can be claimed from the collection, allowing players to choose?

That's a pretty excellent idea right there. The whole "classic" thing was a one-time fix thing and people are getting carried away with this expectation of a "classic" version of everything that has a bug. But since we can create unlimited bound duplicate copies of our Cartel gear through the Collections systems, giving us the ability to create a copy of the so-called "classic" version ourselves without them having to send them out to people or put them in packs sounds like a win-win solution.

I would be ridiculously happy if they made a set based on the KotOR version of Revan. That being said, the TOR version shouldn't be discarded completely. Just fix the double hood, and keep that one the way it is. (Unless they plan to update Revan's appearance in The Foundry with his KotOR clothes... in which case Oooo please)

Now bring on the cape!

They can't bring a cape, if they do, it would make a fight break out between what it did look like with a cape. and when it didn't. This is about FIXING BUGS. Not what we think would be better.

Remember the Phantom/Spymaster Changes, if they add a cape, it would be that, and a flame war would break out on the forums against people who wanted it the way it was when the game came out.(with bug fixes) and those who want a brand new version entirely.

You want a cape suggest it in a different thread as a different item. Stop risking them doing it and a another war break out. ;/

Edited by Magnusheart

They can't bring a cape, if they do, it would make a fight break out between what it did look like with a cape. and when it didn't. This is about FIXING BUGS. Not what we think would be better.

You want a cape suggest it in a different thread as a different item.

Why not suggest it here? If they are going to make it more canonical as was said earlier, this seems like the best place to suggest a cape, given that the cape is the canonical appearance.

Remember the Phantom/Spymaster Changes, if they add a cape, it would be that, and a flame war would break out on the forums against people who wanted it the way it was when the game came out.(with bug fixes) and those who want a brand new version entirely.

because this, and the fact Not everyone wants it a cape. Cape and skirts in this game looks ridiculous. There is a reason why there wasn't a cape in the first place don't you think? They add a cape, I would personally lead the phantom/spymaster change demanding they remove it, or make a different version. This is for fixing bugs, not making suggestions. there is an entire different thread selection for cartel suggestions.

Edited by Magnusheart

because this, and the fact Not everyone wants it a cape. Cape and skirts in this game looks ridiculous. There is a reason why there wasn't a cape in the first place don't you think? They add a cape, I would personally lead the phantom/spymaster change demanding they remove it, or make a different version. This is for fixing bugs, not making suggestions. there is an entire different thread selection for cartel suggestions.

Read;

However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall.

So yeah, this is the perfect place to suggest the cape. You may not want a cape, but others do, keep that in mind.

Edited by Mevan

And I would be against it every step on the way, and I don't back down. I've been the one trojan horsing this thread, and about Revans bugs for 3 months on the forums.

This is for Fixing bugs, not to change it and have a flame war about who likes what better.

Edit: color adjustments, Revans set had a double hood bug, light grey bug, and brown lower robe color bug. That is what Eric was refrencing.

So I ask you this, Do you really want to demand a cape, to spark a over 100 pages long flame war like what happened when they fixed the armor last? Huh? That would be a bad idea to happen. Thats why Bioware was scared to fix this in the first place.

This is for bug fixes, not adding more room for risk of failure. *********** few enough force robes without a buttflap or cape that clutters through the meditation throne in the first place.

Edited by Magnusheart

And I would be against it every step on the way, and I don't back down. I've been the one trojan horsing this thread, and about Revans bugs for 3 months on the forums.

This is for Fixing bugs, not to change it and have a flame war about who likes what better.

Edit: color adjustments, Revans set had a double hood bug, light grey bug, and brown lower robe color bug. That is what Eric was refrencing.

You know you don't sound tough right? Your opinion means just as much to EAware as anyone elses does, be that a lot or a little. As Eric said, players want more canonical appearance, that means a cape, regardless of what you personally think looks. Without a cape, it is not canonical.

You know you don't sound tough right? Your opinion means just as much to EAware as anyone elses does, be that a lot or a little. As Eric said, players want more canonical appearance, that means a cape, regardless of what you personally think looks. Without a cape, it is not canonical.

Revan in swtor was released in the foundry, and maelstrom prison without a cape. Revan's Swtor set is Canonical.

Revan in swtor was released in the foundry, and maelstrom prison without a cape. Revan's Swtor set is Canonical.

Call it what you want, but as Eric said, most people want the actual robe, not some crappy Inquisitor reskin.