Current Champion Gear

Foker

Oh - Thank you.

I did not see this posted anywhere. Yes I searched.

All I saw was "Youll be able to buy BM gear without being a BM".

And to the guy above the helpful one, no, not my first rodeo. EQ1 taught me how gear progression works. Nuff said.

Don't thank him because he's wrong.

No gear will require Valor ranking. The new War Hero stuff requires Rated Warzone Commendations (which will be new in 1.2) but does NOT have any valor requirement. They are completely eliminating it as a requirement for gear and making it a purely aesthetic thing (like giving you titles and similar rewards for valor).

Your grind was, essentially, meangingless in terms of reward for valor. You'll have your Battlemaster title while you work your way toward War Hero, but folks with 15 Valor ranking will have Battlemaster gear just like you. I'm not complaining about it, just want to make sure you really understand how it works, because the poster you quoted was completely wrong.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all items: If you somehow customize the mods, that customization will persist. Changes to the items in a patch will not destroy the mods you've added.

Can you expand on this? Right now I have a full set of Champion gear. What can I expect to happen with patch 1.2? Please make your explanation as detailed as possible. Thank you!

Can you expand on this? Right now I have a full set of Champion gear. What can I expect to happen with patch 1.2? Please make your explanation as detailed as possible. Thank you!

They have been dancing around all the questions...I don't understand why it is so hard to just answer a question with a straight forward answer.

Will the champion gear we are wearing now, with mods changed out or not, be downgraded or effected in anyway when 1.2 hits?

For all items: If you somehow customize the mods, that customization will persist. Changes to the items in a patch will not destroy the mods you've added.

The question that everyone wants answered is; What happens to our CURRENT GEAR?

If I have centurion or champion pieces do they persist after the patch or are they converted into Recruit gear? Is it just that the centurion/champion pieces will no longer be available for purchase once 1.2 ships? or will the centurion/champion pieces we already collected be turned into the recruit pieces?

The other question is what happens to the Battlemaster pieces we already purchased? The battlemaster pieces on the PTS have very different stats because they have different mods/enhancements. Will already purchased battlemaster set pieces turn into the new pieces or are they locked into their current form? If we pulled/swapped mods from a battlemaster piece will those mods/enhancements stay in their current form when 1.2 ships or will they be turned into their updated 1.2 forms?

I understand the need for the adjustments but the whole thing is very confusing and worrisome to the player base in it's current form. Personally, I would feel much more comfortable if Bioware does what Blizzard has done in the past and just let the old pieces stand exactly as purchased (with the exception of being able to pull the armoring mods) while the new pieces are just that, NEW pieces with no connection to the current pieces.

edit - I would be fine with changes to the already purchased Battlemaster weapons/belt/bracers/relics/implants/earpieces and even the armorings since those things are intimately associated with those items so any updates to their stats is fine/reasonable but all the mods/enhancements that aren't locked in place should just remain in their current forms after the patch. Champion/Centurion pieces already purchased though should all be "grandfathered" into the next patch just the way they are now, with the exception of being able to pull those armorings, as they won't be available after the patch.

edit2 - if the updates can be applied to the specific mods/enhancements in the current battlemaster sets then that would be fine as well, provided we are informed about it ahead of time. Someone who bought say a Battlemaster chest piece and then took the enhancement out of a champion/columni piece in order to upgrade the piece is going to be very upset if they find out they vendered something that was going to be upgraded.

In all cases, the sooner you decide how this is going to be handled and share that information, the happier your player base is going to be when the patch ships. It's an incredible patch filled with some really amazing things and I would hate to see it tarnished by a player base upset about changes to the gear they worked so hard to obtain. Worst case, if the information had been out for long enough the people who end up being upset will be shouted down by the multitudes who paid attention and knew what was coming.

Edited by Rouncer

noone will be happy with this 1.2 update if we arent able to transfer our toons over...every single pt realm most games have sides ff games have started with a copy or auto max lvl unless they need to test a certain particular area of levels

i like the changes to sorc but, if noone is able to transfer its gonna be the same garbage bugs as the last 1.1.x patches

Stop whining. The devs already stated they do not have an automated copy process in place yet, operative word YET. Give it time, it will be implemented. Additionally, they are still copying over the guilds they selected to be moved manually.

In the meantime, people are starting to post their thoughts on the changes, provide feedback, adaptations in priorities, etc so go with the flow, read up, prepare yourself and you will be fine.

If I have centurion or champion pieces do they persist after the patch or are they converted into Recruit gear? Is it just that the centurion/champion pieces will no longer be available for purchase once 1.2 ships? or will the centurion/champion pieces we already collected be turned into the recruit pieces?

The other question is what happens to the Battlemaster pieces we already purchased? The battlemaster pieces on the PTS have very different stats because they have different mods/enhancements. Will already purchased battlemaster set pieces turn into the new pieces or are they locked into their current form? If we pulled/swapped mods from a battlemaster piece will those mods/enhancements stay in their current form when 1.2 ships or will they be turned into their updated 1.2 forms?

I understand the need for the adjustments but the whole thing is very confusing and worrisome to the player base in it's current form. Personally, I would feel much more comfortable if Bioware does what Blizzard has done in the past and just let the old pieces stand exactly as purchased (with the exception of being able to pull the armoring mods) while the new pieces are just that, NEW pieces with no connection to the current pieces.

edit - I would be fine with changes to the already purchased Battlemaster weapons/belt/bracers/relics/implants/earpieces and even the armorings since those things are intimately associated with those items so any updates to their stats is fine/reasonable but all the mods/enhancements that aren't locked in place should just remain in their current forms after the patch. Champion/Centurion pieces already purchased though should all be "grandfathered" into the next patch just the way they are now, with the exception of being able to pull those armorings, as they won't be available after the patch.

Bumping this post because he brings up good points and they should not be lost in the whining, bickering and nonsense.

BioWare/SWTOR Developers: Please answer this man's questions!

Unfortunately, I cannot answer the question from a character copy as I have not PvP'd on this toon hardly at all. However, in their previous change to Rakata T3 weapons long ago, the mods that were swapped in were left intact, and the ones I had taken out (51 ilvl) were in fact changed in my bags.

Logic suggests that it was changed by an item_id tag for each mod/enhancement/hilt/crystal, etc and if you swap out the current, it will remain intact and only change the id tags respectively.

I am sure more information will present itself soon.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer the question from a character copy as I have not PvP'd on this toon hardly at all. However, in their previous change to Rakata T3 weapons long ago, the mods that were swapped in were left intact, and the ones I had taken out (51 ilvl) were in fact changed in my bags.

Logic suggests that it was changed by an item_id tag for each mod/enhancement/hilt/crystal, etc and if you swap out the current, it will remain intact and only change the id tags respectively.

Thank you, that information makes me feel a bit better about what may happen to the Battlemaster gear. Doesn't help with the questions about the champion/centurion gear but hopefully your optimism will be justified and Bioware will give us answers soon. Better be very soon though or they will suffer unnecessary backlash no matter what they end up doing.

Edited by Rouncer

With the changes to expertise how is that going to effect the gear we already have. Will our current gear be changed to reflect the changes in expertise. The new war hero and battlemaster gear have about 100 expertise per piece but in the old system battlemaster gear had 50 per piece and champion was only slightly less.

If champion gear doesn't get rescaled and it keeps all of the same stats it is basically paper weight status as it will basically get its effectiveness cut in half under the new expertise formula and make trying to use it in warzones a death sentence.

For people like me that don't have a lot of time to play I managed to get full champ gear, but I don't want to start from scratch and have to buy the recruit gear and grind to battlemaster like a fresh level 50 would.

The dev response we got was poorly worded and confusing. We need to know if existing pvp gear whether it be centurion, champ or BM will have stats adjusted properly under the new system to reflect their value. Also will the champion gear have its armor mods unlocked or will we have to get new BM or war hero gear in order to transfer those to custom armor.

edit2 - if the updates can be applied to the specific mods/enhancements in the current battlemaster sets then that would be fine as well, provided we are informed about it ahead of time. Someone who bought say a Battlemaster chest piece and then took the enhancement out of a champion/columni piece in order to upgrade the piece is going to be very upset if they find out they vendered something that was going to be upgraded.

In all cases, the sooner you decide how this is going to be handled and share that information, the happier your player base is going to be when the patch ships. It's an incredible patch filled with some really amazing things and I would hate to see it tarnished by a player base upset about changes to the gear they worked so hard to obtain. Worst case, if the information had been out for long enough the people who end up being upset will be shouted down by the multitudes who paid attention and knew what was coming.

Yes. This.

What happens to Champion/BM weapons from 1.1.5? Do they get changed to moddable or not?

Wait.... are you saying that I will not need to be valor rank 60 to purchase Battlemaster gear?

I just spent the past 1 month working my tail off after work and on the weekends trying to get rank 60.

I am rank 59 now.

Can someone please tell me why... why I should continue....

I worked so hard, dealt with being outgunner by BM players for weeks and weeks, just so I could get these myself and compete. And now I'm being told that BM gear is obtainable without valor rank 60.

I love(d) this game. But this breaks my heart. Can a dev please tell me that all of the effort I've put in counts for something?

I've remodded all of my champ gear (and columi/rakata) with (IA champ/columi glove/hat) Adept Enhancments and the BH (champ/columi glove/hat) Enhancements.

I've put so much work in to my char. If I don't get feedback telling me my efforts mean something, I'm done. I'm sorry to be a whiner. I thought this patch was supposed to be a content thing.

I led a guild of about 15 players. Close friends. They all quit the game several weeks ago after we repeatedly ran HM's. Now I find out BM gear can be bought without valor 60.

:(

This type of thing is common in all MMOs, some just more than others. Just ask former SWG players about the "Jedi" class. There are many, many instances of this type of thing occurring in WoW. In BC for example you initially had to run every heroic multiple times to get access to many of the raiding content. Then one day they just removed that requirement entirely.

Another of the many people in this thread waiting for a clear answer:

Will pre-1.2 Champion gear that has NOT been modified from the original vendored version be downgraded to the Rating 126 Recruit gear or will it remain unchanged after the patch?

While we're at it, word in the community is that in 1.2 Battlemaster gear will not be dependent on valor rating but the official patch notes state that only the Ear and Implant pieces will be valor independent.

Game Update 1.2 PTS Patch Notes (Continued)

The Valor Rank requirement has been removed from Battlemaster earpieces and implants

Care to clarify that as well?

Another of the many people in this thread waiting for a clear answer:

Will pre-1.2 Champion gear that has NOT been modified from the original vendored version be downgraded to the Rating 126 Recruit gear or will it remain unchanged after the patch?

While we're at it, word in the community is that in 1.2 Battlemaster gear will not be dependent on valor rating but the official patch notes state that only the Ear and Implant pieces will be valor independent.

Care to clarify that as well?

The only gear that was ever dependent on valor 60 was the ear peices and implants since you could by them with warzone commendations. To get the Battlemaster tokens you would have to be 60 to open the bag or buy the token.

But if you left default mods in, you'll get the updated mods?

Yes - assuming the item changed. However, we prefer to avoid changing the stats or mods on items when possible.

While the Champion gear vendor has been replaced with the Recruit gear vendor, they are two separate item sets. You can no longer acquire Centurion or Champion gear, but they are still in the game if you already have them. Recruit gear is a new set of blue PvP gear. It has no mods and is purchased with credits. Champion is fully moddable purple gear with a set bonus.

If you already have Champion gear, the biggest difference you will notice is that you can now see the Armoring in appropriate items. This armoring can be extracted, and it binds to the specific slot it came from - such as the chest or legs.

It's possible that there are exceptions, but the stats on your Champion gear should be unchanged. The armoring mod in them accounts for the stats on the gear that used to be unmodifiable.

Unlike Champion gear, Battlemaster gear does have stat changes. All current and future (1.2+) tier PvP gear is going through a stat transition to give it more expertise. This means you will see many more expertise versions of Mods and Enhancements instead of primarily on the base mod (Armoring/Hilt/Barrel).

This is not the case for Rakata gear though. The 58 mods I pulled out to replace with better itemized 56 Columi mods were untouched and remained the same. However, for the extra Rakata pieces I had, mods I didn't touch, were replaced with the newly itemized ones.

So, in my case, mods that were pulled were not changed.

I honestly wouldn't even care if they switch stats from champ to the new recruit gear but PLEASE PLEASE do not change my purple gear into blue gear. The only reason I was looking forward to 1.2 was so I could finally PVP wearing custom gear that I had spent 50 levels putting together and if they make me grind for all new battlemaster or war hero gear just to be able to customize it then I may seriously just quit PVP play through the class story for a few alts and then just quit the game entirely.

I honestly wouldn't even care if they switch stats from champ to the new recruit gear but PLEASE PLEASE do not change my purple gear into blue gear. The only reason I was looking forward to 1.2 was so I could finally PVP wearing custom gear that I had spent 50 levels putting together and if they make me grind for all new battlemaster or war hero gear just to be able to customize it then I may seriously just quit PVP play through the class story for a few alts and then just quit the game entirely.

Dont worry. You will have BM gear very quickly.

Hey, looks like the current champion gear will remain in your bags once 1.2 hits and won't be downgraded. BM gear will get a slight buff, especially to expertise.

Champ gear is highly downgraded because they didn't rescale expertise during the conversion the same way they did with BM gear. If you had any BM gear prior to 1.2 you get the auto upgrade to the new BM gear. This means your gear automatically gets boosted from 50 exp per piece to 100 per piece.

However they didn't scale Champion gear at all. This means anyone with full champ gear gets royally screwed and might as well trash it because your expertise is effectively half of what it used to be.

To simplify

Old Champ -46 expertise

New Champ- 46 expertise

Old BM- 50 expertise

New BM- 100 expertise

So basically unless Bioware changes this by doubling the expertise stats on champ gear to be fair we are all getting screwed and will be forced to buy a whole new set of blue gear with the higher expertise value and grind for battlemaster gear from scratch.

Dont worry. You will have BM gear very quickly.

BM gear costs 1000 comms per main piece, 1750 for weapon, and 500-600 for belt, wrists, implants etc. I saw somewhere it is around 10,000 warzone comms for a complete set.

That wouldn't be that much but with the nerfed rate at which you gain comms it will still take a decent amount of time. Assuming you are a decent player and can earn the 8 medal max every game that is a minimum of 40 comms per match. The maximum comms for winning and time bonus is around 100. I will be generous and say you win half the games so you average 70 comms.

Assuming queue times and match length is about equal as it is currently (although the splitting of ranked and unranked wz may increase queue times) you have generally 15 minutes per match on average. It is still going to take around 150 matches and 30-40 hours of play time to earn a full BM set. Not nearly as long as some took to get it prior to 1.2 but still a decent investment of time.

Assuming you have terrible luck and your team loses every match it is going to take around 60 hours. That still seems like a long time to me.

Also if Bioware purposefully intended not to adjust the expertise stat on old gear it means everyone is starting fresh come 1.2 and has to grind an additional 50 hours or so just to get BM gear before even moving on to try and get war hero gear.

I would like some confirmation from Bioware whether or not they will adjust expertise values on old gear to fit the new expertise distribution otherwise I honestly will say to hell with pvp because they might as well delete my gear if the blue recruit gear is better than the champ gear I worked so hard to get.

BM gear costs 1000 comms per main piece, 1750 for weapon, and 500-600 for belt, wrists, implants etc. I saw somewhere it is around 10,000 warzone comms for a complete set.

That wouldn't be that much but with the nerfed rate at which you gain comms it will still take a decent amount of time. Assuming you are a decent player and can earn the 8 medal max every game that is a minimum of 40 comms per match. The maximum comms for winning and time bonus is around 100. I will be generous and say you win half the games so you average 70 comms.

Assuming queue times and match length is about equal as it is currently (although the splitting of ranked and unranked wz may increase queue times) you have generally 15 minutes per match on average. It is still going to take around 150 matches and 30-40 hours of play time to earn a full BM set. Not nearly as long as some took to get it prior to 1.2 but still a decent investment of time.

Assuming you have terrible luck and your team loses every match it is going to take around 60 hours. That still seems like a long time to me.

Also if Bioware purposefully intended not to adjust the expertise stat on old gear it means everyone is starting fresh come 1.2 and has to grind an additional 50 hours or so just to get BM gear before even moving on to try and get war hero gear.

I would like some confirmation from Bioware whether or not they will adjust expertise values on old gear to fit the new expertise distribution otherwise I honestly will say to hell with pvp because they might as well delete my gear if the blue recruit gear is better than the champ gear I worked so hard to get.

That's a walk in the park in comparison to today's RNG. You need 4000 wz for 1 BM comm takes 3 for weapon 2 for gear and if your unlucky can take way way way longer today to get full set of BM than 60 hours. I have lost count of the number of battlemaster bags I have opened without a BM comm the drop rate blows.....

Edited by LordbishopX