If you know the old KotOR items sell well, why not put them on for direct purchase?

I've mentioned in other threads that we shouldn't have to purchase Cartel Packs in order to buy the cosmetic gear that they contain. We should have an option to buy them directly from the Cartel Market should we choose to do so. However, Bioware knows they hit a gold mine with gamblers. Of course Cartel Parks are the best selling item on the market, they have the best gear options!

Cartel market items that are based on the original Kotor series tend to be most popular items. [link]

Bioware, it's time for you to do the right thing and let us purchase items outright. If people want to spend money on the packs to gamble and potentially get something on the cheap, that's what they should be there for. However, let me buy an outfit, a lightsaber, a color crystal, etc. directly. Let me buy what I want to buy with my cash.

The point of his post is to say, if there is a 1 in 6 chance of getting the 'thing' then offer the thing for something like 6 times the cost of the pack the thing might be in.

the chance of getting what you want is a game plenty of people will play but its a short term gain against long term stability.

there should be nothing for sale in the CM that cannot be obtained, by subs, playing the game. It might mean killing the world boss 100 times to get it but it should be in game somewhere if it's on the CM.

OP, I'll give you and example

The Incendia speeder on my server is currently going for 1.2 mil

The Hoverchair (all three colour) is going for 3mil

The reason people are willing to give 3mil for it is that not everyone can afford it and it's also not available for direct purchase.

People like having nice things. When those nice things are also rare, that's the perfect combination for them.

And frankly, it's more lucrative for them to just charge you 360 CC for a chance at getting the Hoverchair than to charge you 1200 (or whatever it costs) for the Incendia.

The reason people are willing to give 3mil for it is that not everyone can afford it and it's also not available for direct purchase.

People like having nice things. When those nice things are also rare, that's the perfect combination for them.

And frankly, it's more lucrative for them to just charge you 360 CC for a chance at getting the Hoverchair than to charge you 1200 (or whatever it costs) for the Incendia.

yes the logic is clear and obvious but I think there is merit in the idea of being able to outright purchase the items but only for people who subscribe and they would be legacy bound so they could not be sold on.

This,otherwhise we will have a sith army running with revan mask,some items should be rare.

It's not that they're rare. It's that EA can make a crapton more money by selling you a CHANCE to get them than they could make if they sold you the item directly.

Would people pay $100 for a Revan Mask? Probably not.

Would they open $100 worth of cartel gambling packs in the HOPE of getting one? Damn straight, and they do it all the time.

I can simply counter that by saying that they could price each edition of the Hoverchair at $20-$30 and not everyone would still be able to afford it. Not everyone has money to throw around on Cartel Packs or Cartel Market items in general. It's a different story to just grind credits -- assuming the thing you want to buy is even for sale.

My point is that if the rarity of things are going to be based on price, that's fine, let it be that way. Just let me be able to purchase it directly. You can price things for direct purchase at a rate that's rare too.

if everyone could buy those item out right then they wouldn't be special. and in case anyone forgot, you can actually buy all those items outright with out use of cartel coins and packs, it's called....wait for it...THE GTN! I've seen all the major pieces on the GTN today. So go out there save your creds and buy what you want. Stop complaining.