Decoration Unlock System for Personal Strongholds (not just for guilds)

Iryfindel

100% want deco to be unlocked via cc if u have one copy of the item... prices are too hight and people are limited by credit income. I myself ( going to sound big headed now ...) have every deco in game ( rav boss deco still bugged now dropping) around 250k score.

I want people aka everyone to have the chance to have more decos now just people with allot of credits

100% want deco to be unlocked via cc if u have one copy of the item... prices are too hight and people are limited by credit income. I myself ( going to sound big headed now ...) have every deco in game ( rav boss deco still bugged now dropping) around 250k score.

I want people aka everyone to have the chance to have more decos now just people with allot of credits

Lots of people agree and disagree but only comes down to Bioware they could lose alot of subs either way, but as a very last resort to keeping beggers happy i'm sure they would do this

Lots of people agree and disagree but only comes down to Bioware they could lose alot of subs either way, but as a very last resort to keeping beggers happy i'm sure they would do this

I think that if they make decorations very easy to get like this, I am sure we will never see another stronghold again.

Perhaps when the game runs towards its end they will make decorations cheap like this but not before.

Edited by Icestar

Perhaps we should have a slight modification to the proposed idea. Something that keeps the balance to a degree, but permits decos to be cloned for personal SHs.

For every deco that you have unlocked, you can clone it in one of two ways. Clone to guild, costs credits. Clone to self, costs one MK-3 Universal Prefab.

This is just a suggestion to try and keep both sides happy. And to make myself happy as well. As a crafter, I love anything that makes prefabs have some more value.

Perhaps we should have a slight modification to the proposed idea. Something that keeps the balance to a degree, but permits decos to be cloned for personal SHs.

For every deco that you have unlocked, you can clone it in one of two ways. Clone to guild, costs credits. Clone to self, costs one MK-3 Universal Prefab.

This is just a suggestion to try and keep both sides happy. And to make myself happy as well. As a crafter, I love anything that makes prefabs have some more value.

That will never work, prefabs only sell for like 50k and people have used to many of the 5-10m decors already, reason why they did it for guilds was cause they wanted people to use there decors first then donate to the guild without having to worry about losing them and not gaining them. So imo that should be enough of the cloning by itself they have given us way to much leeway with decors already.

Edited by Theeko

So imo that should be enough of the cloning by itself they have given us way to much leeway with decors already.

I mean no offense, but when you say things like that, it really makes you sound like a stuck up and very snobbish elitist. My response, and support for this idea, is motivated purely by the fact that I and all of my friends are Role Players.

And given how unfriendly the game already is to Role Players, IE: some of the best RP spots in game are instanced so you can't get into them. I really would like to see some sort of bone thrown our way.

PVE players, they got a bone thrown their way with Ops added to group finder.

PVP players, they got their way when hybrids were removed, plus, upcoming new WZ.

RP players, nothing. Not one thing.

I mean no offense, but when you say things like that, it really makes you sound like a stuck up and very snobbish elitist. My response, and support for this idea, is motivated purely by the fact that I and all of my friends are Role Players.

And given how unfriendly the game already is to Role Players, IE: some of the best RP spots in game are instanced so you can't get into them. I really would like to see some sort of bone thrown our way.

PVE players, they got a bone thrown their way with Ops added to group finder.

PVP players, they got their way when hybrids were removed, plus, upcoming new WZ.

RP players, nothing. Not one thing.

I'm the one acting selfish yet you want something that others have earned for .001% of the work?

As a decorating enthusiast, I would of course love to have easy access to multiples of all the decorations I've unlocked from Cartel Packs. I recently decorated a room on my guildship, and I was so jealous how easy it was to plaster the walls with a row of orange Jedi temple banners. I could use more of those for my strongholds.

That said, I have a really hard time picturing how they could implement this without causing a lot of problems. These are some of my thoughts, though I know it's not an exhaustive analysis:

Unlocking with Cartel Coins: The advantage of limiting the unlocks to CCs is it would keep things a little more rare, a little more special. The CCs are the original source of the Cartel pack decos, so it makes some sense to keep them the source of duplicates. However, this would link more directly to a sort of "pay to win" scenario (to the extent that a snazzy stronghold is "winning"...though most of us in this forum clearly like this aspect of the game). Sure, there are already some decorations that you can buy directly from the CM, but they are very limited, compared to the huge variety that now exists from the Cartel Packs. Plus, to compensate for these being available with CCs, to be fair to people not willing/able to spend lots of real world money, they'd probably have to offer some sort of "decoration unlock" token that people could buy with CCs and sell on the GTN for people who want to use credits. It's complicated, and even then I'm not sure it would really be fair, depending on how these GTN prices play out.

Unlocking with credits (just like guild ships): This would add a substantial credit sink to the economy. Credits wouldn't just be traded around between players (with a small percentage taken out by the GTN)--all the credits used this way disappear. Maybe more credit sinks are a good thing, but they'd have to be carefully considered. The exact prices would also have to be carefully considered. I guess they could just go by what they're charging for the guild donations, but I think some things would deserve to be more expensive. Furthermore, making duplicates readily available for people using easily obtainable credits would significantly change the value of the decorations in the packs. Anyone buying decorations would only need one. The drop rate might have to be reconsidered.

Lastly, it would be one thing if they implemented mechanics like these from the beginning, but changing it now would definitely be painful. Obviously, they have made other changes in the cost of things that have annoyed people, but this would probably be the most significant such change if they did it, in terms of the number, value and demand of the items. People have worked hard and invested a lot of money, and some still have high value items they're saving to either use or sell off. Decoration rarity is a source of pride, and it's also a source of some of the fun. The challenge of making the best out of the decorations I've been able to collect makes the final result worth more to me when I look at it. There should be some challenge involved in obtaining decorations, whether that challenge is in crafting, doing operations, collecting recovered relics, or spending the credits you've saved up at the right time (when the pack items are cheapest). Making it too easy would devalue that aspect of the game.

I guess I see both sides of this, but if they do make a change, I hope they carefully consider what changes they make and how they are implemented.

Edited by Mireleni

I doubt very many people would actually leave the game over decorations or even stopped subbing. This is something minor compared to everything else that they are doing.

I doubt very many people would actually leave the game over decorations or even stopped subbing. This is something minor compared to everything else that they are doing.

Problem is alot of people like to decorate and have most of the decor rare, and if they take that away there goes lots of income on the CM, which Bioware will probably never let happen no time soon.

I'm against that idea. I want all those old decorations to be absolutely inobtainable for new players. At least, like that they won't be tempted to decorate their strongholds and that activity will be kept between us, old veterans.

:D

Theeko is obviously a EA rep, greed now , who cares what the players think. Solution, make more new decos!

I wouldn't be surprised if Theeko was an EA representative. Also, we wouldn't be having this argument if EA didn't make the economy so terrible from the very release of Strongholds!

Theeko is obviously a EA rep, greed now , who cares what the players think. Solution, make more new decos!

I don't even work for Ea, and greed works both ways btw also obviously others agreed they don't want this as well not just me.

Edited by Theeko