Sound effect changes since 1.4. Please give us your reason, Devs.

Aerilas

I just got a chance to try my merc. Oh my god that's awful. Why do my missiles whisper at my enemies. Firing my guns is significantly louder. My missiles should sound and feel visceral, because...they're missiles. I feel like I'm firing water balloons at my enemies.

To clarify, I'm pretty sure that the gun sounds haven't changed. But my missiles should not be exploding at a quieter level than my guns.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New to Cartel Shop.

Smuggler pre-1.4 sound effect pack. 499 CC.

Trooper pre-1.4 sound effect pack. 499 CC.

Scoundrel & Operative UH/TA proc giggle sound pack. 199 CC.

and so on.

Indeed.

All one has to do is look at the exp reduction for WZ/Space etc. and the ability to 'buy it back' through the legacy credit sink.

I Just wanna add my voice to those complaining about the sound changes in game. Fix my Trooper and my Bounty Hunter please - they weren't broken in the first place and now I feel like I need a hearing aid to play this game. I spent my hearing aid money earlier in the year on a new pc so that planets etc would load faster!!

Can devs tell us are these bugs or why they feel the need to screw up the sounds and visual cues when nobody is even looking for these changes to be made in the first place? Surely they have more pressing issues to deal with?

Love the game but not loving my near silent moves, I'm having to turn the music and ambient noise down to have a chance at playing well. I fear for these multiple updates if this is the result.

Hi everyone - thanks for posting your concerns. We're looking into this right now. As we investigate, please post in this thread if you've noticed any sound effects that have been replaced with new sound effects or any that are missing. Thank you!

- Lightsabers hum louder than before (I don't actually mind because I like it)

- Lightsabers do not hum when you standing still.

Smuggler

- Vital Shot

- Speed Shot

- Charged Burst

- Smuggler's Luck (sounds lower... a bit muted)

All these abilities seem to have lost their sound. That is to say, I think the audio for this ability doesn't play, but the basic blaster sound does play. All these abilities sound like 'Flurry of Bolts' and no longer sound different from each other. I hope this wasn't intentional.

- Footsteps out of sync. The sound of characters individual footsteps sometimes misses. (I tested while running on the same 'metal' terrain for about 15 secondes)

tak tak tak tak --- tak --- --- tak tak ---

- Companions "Good-bye" gets cut off. When you dismiss a companion their audio clip gets cut off. Example: "See y--"

- Companions with 'Full Helmets' still sound like they are wearing a helmet even when you toggle 'Hide helmet".

Edited by Lionflash

I agree whole heatedly with the poster about the sounds for the smuggler, quick shot and charged shot both sounded much much worse than before. Quick shot before sounder much more mechanical and rough before like the smuggler really had done something un-intended to his blaster to make it fire off faster.

And Charged shot sounded like it had been overloaded like it should.

Charged shot now sounds like a high pitched space invaders blaster gone wrong, its doesn't sound "charged" at all, very bad change. And Quick shot just sounds like a normal shot just only two bolts instead of the normal flurry of shots, if there is a sound difference its not much.

Noticed vital shot now only sounds a single blast even when using both blasters? it is meant to ?

Change em back, makes gunslinger sound very lame overall especially considering how much you use charged shot.

While on the topic...I am still wondering where the combat vocal {"Yeah baby!" "AHHHH!" and other interesting screams lol} for my darkside/female/sharpshooter went. Not long after 1.3 my toon just went silent with one recent exception. Oddly enough during that last event, and upon using the turret for one of the event missions....my slinger was screaming her head off while on the turret.

So I know the vocals were not removed....just never play while I am in combat anymore {rare turret usage does not count damn it}. As others have said...these vocals are what endeared me to that toon {much like the combat vocals for my darkside trooper/vanguard/tank...only my Vanguard never lost hers :-( }.

I realize this thread deals more with current special sounds etc....and I totally agree, they suck....but I honestly never saw a thread on my issue or heard it talked about. I was just hoping it would be resolved, but never has been :-(.

If there is a specific thread about missing combat vocals {specifically for my class/alignment and build as a smuggler}...please direct me to it. But my toon losing their combat vocial for months is just as annoying as these new unasked for sounds {not that this team ever truly asked the majority what they want though}.

Edited by Urantia

The sounds in space combat missions have changed as well:

• Using boosted blasters (via the Power Conversion Module) now sounds the same as unboosted blasters.
  • The sound of passing ships occasionally stutters or is lost entirely. This is reminiscent of old games that could only stack a certain number of sounds at once before losing some of them.

on my pve only arsenal merc the sound for tracer missile is rubbish now and is barely able to be heard while casting, and when tracer missile hits the target the sound effect has been changed to a much quieter sound and makes tracer missile seem like it' has very little impact, whereas prior to 1.4 it had a good bassy thump to it which was a ******** better than the **** sounds it has now

Noticed this as well, I assumed it was a bug so I posted the info on it in the Service Threads.

The sounds in space combat missions have changed as well:

• Using boosted blasters (via the Power Conversion Module) now sounds the same as unboosted blasters.
  • The sound of passing ships occasionally stutters or is lost entirely. This is reminiscent of old games that could only stack a certain number of sounds at once before losing some of them.

There is a distinct sound at the beginning when you are firing with your powered blastered, boostered as you call them. It's kind of hollow and airy, but it's there, but only for the first shot.

Further, Troopers!

Grav Round now has this bizarre glass gear wind up sound when you are charging it to fire. MAKE IT GO AWAY. ;_;

I have a ticket in on the space mission sounds. On my rig, you don't have to hold down the firing button for very long before the incoming ship sounds, turret and enemy vessel explosions, and ship sounds all get drowned out. Releasing the firing key allows the sounds to return. But then holding down the firing button for any length of time, even a couple of seconds, gets you back to a point where all other sounds are drowned out.

That's in addition to the smuggler sound changes (charged shot is awful), as is the Trooper Grav Round sound effect change, the anemic sound effect of the BH Death From Above, and the whisper quiet BH Tracer Round.

Edited by Borgbunny

I have a ticket in on the space mission sounds. On my rig, you don't have to hold down the firing button for very long before the incoming ship sounds, turret and enemy vessel explosions, and ship sounds all get drowned out. Releasing the firing key allows the sounds to return. But then holding down the firing button for any length of time, even a couple of seconds, gets you back to a point where all other sounds are drowned out.

I also confirm having noticed this.

Gunslinger here. As reported by others most of my shots have changed. I think Trickshot is the only one that has the same sound. They all sound pretty much like flurry of bolts. This is detrimental to good dps as I use the sound queues to gauge what I am doing.

Gunslinger here. As reported by others most of my shots have changed. I think Trickshot is the only one that has the same sound. They all sound pretty much like flurry of bolts. This is detrimental to good dps as I use the sound queues to gauge what I am doing.

I agree with this. Is there any information on whether this was an intentional change or if it was accidental?

Is there an ETA on when this will be fixed?

Fury

Hi everyone - thanks for posting your concerns. We're looking into this right now. As we investigate, please post in this thread if you've noticed any sound effects that have been replaced with new sound effects or any that are missing. Thank you!

Allison for all thats holy please change the sound and the animation of

Charged burst and

Speedshot

back to where it was before.

Right now it is HORRIBLE.

Edited by firestarter