lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least we have a lot of fun thanks to this lolster. Probably not intended by bw, but look around. No arguments about smash/bubble/railshot/whatever...

why fear the fire if the smoke gets you 1st

*You can leave ur hat on*

Edited by iDraxter

Not quite right I am affraid. 55 has also bolster

This...there is also bolster at 55. But thats besides the point. Should you really be able to pvp in the naked and have better stats than geared players even the other 54 levels?

It is simple. Bioware is catering to the public and the public plays PVE.

It is a fact that most of the SWTOR community is PVE.

All they have done is alienate the PVP community but this is a MMO and MMO's cater to there base.

I waited years for this MMO and when I heard the Warhammer team at mythic was put on the Dev team long ago I had hopes for PVP system. I was disappointed with the PVP system but I stuck with it because yes I am a Star Wars fan-boy. I do not like to PVE I just cant stand the automated AI that comes with the PVE scene I prefer to PVP where I do not really know for sure what the person is gonna do on the other side of that screen.

As soon as I heard that they were making changes so that those who choose to PVE and not PVP all the time would be better able to compete in PVP I knew it was going to be ugly.

So where is my change BIOWARE since I choose only to PVP that will allow me to be more competitive in Raids with the PVE crowd? Right now if I go into a raid group wearing full EWH I get shunned buy the PVE community. Where is the balance for the pure PVP crowd? Oh wait there is none because the majority of the subscribers choose to PVE...

Ugh...doesn't anyone remember that BW said that PvP will be exclusively about skill in 2.0? All this means for PvP players now is that they get to show off their skill...2-shotting people one at a time...

I mean really, if DMG is so freaking high...why should I use more than one or two buttons....EVER?!

Bioware happened and they didn't listen to anybody they were so wrapped up in "Oh we want pvp to be "Fail" though"

I corrected one word for you :p

PS: didn't play on live server yet after 2.0 release, but according to what I've seen on PTS, I guess state of live pvp atm is noticably worse then it was on PTS. :(

It is a fact that most of the SWTOR community is PVE.

Do you have any proof of this?

Considering, for example, that there are almost 6 times as many threads in the PVP forum here than on the Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions Forums I doubt it.

Now don`t get me wrong, the posting count does not prove anything (and it is not a stretch to assume that PVP players simply argue more that PVE players), but I like to see some evidence before I consider a statement to be a fact.

Well, the real game decider will likely be for many how bolstering in lvl 55 will work out, i.e. does the nudist party continue or will you have to do PVE for the best PVP gear?

If both are answered with a solid no (like the developers have promised), I do not think there will be any lasting effect on the hardcore pvp player base.

Though the definetly shoul look into the under lvl 55 bolstering system as well.

Agreed. If a green geared (or naked) 55 is better than full conqueror, then yeah, that will be a problem. Personally I can't go naked, as I'm very sensitive about my appearance.

That said, i'm just waiting for somebody to inspect my gear and say "Seriously, bro? WH? leave WZ pls"

Agreed. If a green geared (or naked) 55 is better than full conqueror, then yeah, that will be a problem. Personally I can't go naked, as I'm very sensitive about my appearance.

That said, i'm just waiting for somebody to inspect my gear and say "Seriously, bro? WH? leave WZ pls"

LoL...L2P...L2NAKED...NAO :p

We can thank god that we can't take off also underwear by design. Imagine you could gain +10 endurance by doing it.. :D

Edited by Kyarc

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I am grabbing questions/feedback from this thread and passing it on to the PvP and combat teams. I should have answers to some of your questions, etc. a bit later on today. Thanks!

-eric

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I am grabbing questions/feedback from this thread and passing it on to the PvP and combat teams. I should have answers to some of your questions, etc. a bit later on today. Thanks!

-eric

Why bother? It's not as if this isn't EXACTLY the same stuff that was reported on the PTS.

Why start giving a damn now?

Oh Bioware.

Edited by Jherad

What's awesome is that this is all just 100% proof that they don't test. They ran some numbers came up with what they thought was reasonable and ran with it. Never did they give it a go in a WZ to test the mechanics.

Lazy dev is lazy...I knew you guys were short on cash but HOLY $H | T!

The PTS exists to generate buz, that is all. No one at BW cares about getting feedback from the customer. Several ex-BW devs have stated in numerous interviews that it is common practice to ignore the forums. I think we would all be better off writing our posts on TP and flushing them.

Edited by Ossos

Hey everyone,

-eric

LOL to tell us the bolster is still broken from pts? Do you even listen to your community at all? Seems all you want is our wallets.

Why bother? It's not as if this isn't EXACTLY the same stuff that was reported on the PTS.

Why start giving a damn now?

Oh Bioware.

Exactly. I wonder if the developers closed up PTS, patted themselves on the back and took a vacation til launch. Same problems even though they SPECIFICALLY said the naked bolster would be fixed

Hey everyone,

-eric

Thank you.