Collectors edition vendor

belizar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, Andryah. Defend them. Not-bound dyes up. CE vendor not updated with promised items for a year and 6 months.

I like the Orange/Red dye it tests well on a lot of armor in my inventory. The green/yellow.. meh..though it works on some cloth armor that I have tested.

As for exclusivity.. I could care less about consumables like dyes.

Promises.. that's on you.. I don't take "promises" about future content in MMOs seriously. When patches in.. it's in. Getting yourself all worked up about every patch seems like a waste of good energy to me.. but.. hey.. more power to you.

I have not checked the CE armor yet to see if it's dyeable. If not.. that should be corrected IMO.. but maybe they are trying to steer clear of the QQ when you dye a piece and then come back and complain there is some other piece in game now that looks just like it with that dye applied.

/shrug

Edited by Andryah

I have not checked the CE armor yet to see if it's dyeable. If not.. that should be corrected IMO.. but maybe they are trying to steer clear of the QQ when you dye a piece and then come back and complain there is some other piece in game now that looks just like it with that dye applied.

/shrug

The CE Armors are not dye-able. And if they are trying to avoid issues with duplicates (Makeb armor?) then the restriction should be on those, not on the CE.

:cool:

So in a roundabout way, Andy just admitted that these dyes are not exclusive, and that CE items were promised to be so. With the added caveat that he doesn't care, of course, but it was nice seeing this little admission. :)

As for exclusivity.. I could care less about consumables like dyes.

Promises.. that's on you.. I don't take "promises" about future content in MMOs seriously. When patches in.. it's in. Getting yourself all worked up about every patch seems like a waste of good energy to me.. but.. hey.. more power to you.

You understand that you defend something that can't be defended? Explain to me where's logic in putting something on exclusive vendors when said item is not exclusive? Just unbelievable, you take whatever they throw at you.

So in a roundabout way, Andy just admitted that these dyes are not exclusive, and that CE items were promised to be so. With the added caveat that he doesn't care, of course, but it was nice seeing this little admission. :)

It was not round about my friend. But if it makes you feel better.. whack away.

And like any of us ever expected consumables on the vendor. :rolleyes: yeah, right.

Complaints for hundreds of pages about lack of gear on the vendor... and so now you folks are going to trounce on a consumable on the vendor that is tradeable to let off some steam.. have at it. Really, is this what it's coming to now?

Heh, for all we know.. the dyes being tradeable is a mistake and will be fixed. I could care less one way or the other.. but if they fix them to be bind on aquire, then get ready for the masses to troll you over it.

Edited by Andryah

Well at least they acknowledged their mistake... now... how long before they update with the new bound dye.

On a side note. I wish that the ignore feature would also include ignoring quotes from said posters.

You understand that you defend something that can't be defended? Explain to me where's logic in putting something on exclusive vendors when said item is not exclusive? Just unbelievable, you take whatever they throw at you.

Learn to read. I am not defeding it one way or the other... I am simply stating that I could care less about consumables.

Are we clear now?

Can you guys move on back to complaining about gear.. woe is me.. the gear promises?

Well at least they acknowledged their mistake... now... how long before they update with the new bound dye.

right there in the devpost "the next time we update dye modules in the game"

Looks like they leave the two unbound ones and add a new bound one. Awesome.. something more for you guys to direct your anguish and indigation about.. how dare they not bind those original dyes as was intended. :p

Heh, for all we know.. the dyes being tradeable is a mistake and will be fixed. I could care less one way or the other.. but if they fix them to be bind on aquire, then get ready for the masses to troll you over it.

Eric said it was a bug but that they are not going to fix it because the GTN is already flooded with them. They will add new dyes to the CE in a future update that will be Bind on Pick-up, so they will be exclusive.

If anyone thinks these will be desirable colors however I think you will find yourself disappointed.

:cool:

Eric said it was a bug but that they are not going to fix it because the GTN is already flooded with them. They will add new dyes to the CE in a future update that will be Bind on Pick-up, so they will be exclusive.

That was probably the right decison on their part, since the dyes are already all over the place.

One would think that they could not have made such a silly mistake to begin with.. but .. not the first time and not the last... also they don't hold the copyright on mistakes in MMOs either.

As for what color the new dye will be.... won't matter.. some will like it some won't and the gear ragers will use it as an opportunity to set flames to Bioware....because after all... you all have been totally screwed over and must have vengenge right? :p

Edited by Andryah

Looks like they leave the two unbound ones and add a new bound one. Awesome.. something more for you guys to direct your anguish and indigation about.. how dare they not bind those original dyes as was intended. :p

Such misdirected vitriol. :rolleyes:

Irony. :rolleyes:

Hey folks,

This was not intended, so apologies for that. The goal was for them to be accessible to CE owners directly. However, we are not going to adjust the current Modules as "the cat is a bit out of the bag" on this one and it is already accessible to the rest of the playerbase via trade/sale. Plus, the Collector's Edition folks will still be able to control the economy on this.

However, I talked to the team and the next time we update Dye Modules in the game, we will add another Dye Module to the CE vendor which will be bind on purchase. This way you will still have the two current dyes which you guys control the market on and in the future you will be receiving a Dye Module exclusive to just you.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

-eric

Excellent to hear it, and a very appropriate way to deal with the issue. Thank you.

Might I humbly request gold/silver and silver/gold dyes for the exclusivity? ;)

That was probably the right decison on their part, since the dyes are already all over the place.

One would think that they could not have made such a silly mistake to begin with.. but .. not the first time and not the last... also they don't hold the copyright on mistakes in MMOs either.

As for what color the new dye will be.... won't matter.. some will like it some won't and the gear ragers will use it as an opportunity to set flames to Bioware....because after all... you all have been totally screwed over and must have vengenge right? :p

Their post, my post in reply, your assumption.

Misdirected. :)

Edited by CelCawdro

But...but...you said not to trust any promises about content?!

So I don't trust this one.

Irony.

Edited by RazerCannon

Can we get an update from a dev regarding our CE armors being dyeable ?

Was that a mistake also ?

Bump for justice. On another note are the reputation items dyable?

edit:

Ok so people will be angry over this. The Makeb reputation armors are dyable yet the CE are not. Shi** storm incoming...

Edited by jankiel

Can we get something cool on the CE vendor just once? I've used a grand total of zero things from the CE vendor.

You have to know that green/yellow and red/orange are not desirable colors at all.

Give us gold/white or gold/black.

Bump for justice. On another note are the reputation items dyable?

edit:

Ok so people will be angry over this. The Makeb reputation armors are dyable yet the CE are not. Shi** storm incoming...

And eventually there will be a dye that turns the armormech crafted version of the rep side CE armor, into a medium armor clone of it.

Exclusive armor? ......it went that away...

I am not surprised that there was a mistake in the dyes not being bind able. I do not see the development team doing that on purpose. I also see zero chance of there being a dye added that will look remotely cool, and make non CE owner's jealous. They out number us by at least 20:1, and there's no way we spend more (either through the CM & subs) than they do, and I don't see them doing anything to cause outrage from them. I would however, be pleasantly surprised if we got something cool.

I do however, like using the CM rep gear (Voss style; or something along those lines) with CE dyes. Looks cool. Please do keep in mind, I am partially color blind, so, that may play a large part.

And for the record, while Andryah and I hardly ever agree, it is incredibly unwise to call her / him out and dare her / him to do something to defend the developers. That's literally putting your hand into the lion's cage, stealing its food, and smacking it upside the head because its half asleep. Saying I don't recommend that, isn't even close. That, and I don't believe it to be respectful, but that's just me.

Edited by jason_ralph

The first CE stuff in a long time, and not only is it not unique as it is all over the market, but the colors are some of the worst I have seen. Way to strong colors and not only that, but they are also locked combinations, so you can't just have the green color or the yellow color, not that I would want to. I don't get why they even have those items that has both primary and secondary colors.

I bought a couple of the green/yellow dyes just to try them out. Don't even particularly like the color combo, but I was bored. Put them on my operative (chest & legs). Went right into a warzone, and in three seconds someone commented: "I guess whoever designed the CE dyes is a Packers fan."

Also, this toon has short white hair. Second comment: "You've got a late-career Favre thing going on there." Couldn't help but lol.