Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, there will be a time in the future when no one will bump this thread up for a week. This will not be because no one cares anymore, but that the last disgruntled APAC player visiting the forums finally got their forum perma-ban.

In EAware's mind this event would fall under the following phrases:

"No news is good news"

"Silence is golden"

I can just imagine the following happening in the subsequent quarterly EA earnings call:

"Customer satisfaction for SWTOR has definitely improved. In fact I can report that we have not received any complaints in the forum from our Australian customers the past few weeks. Having achieved this outcome, we will now be implementing additional revenue options as our customers have accepted our current Cartel Market format."

So, there will be a time in the future when no one will bump this thread up for a week. This will not be because no one cares anymore, but that the last disgruntled APAC player visiting the forums finally got their forum perma-ban.

In EAware's mind this event would fall under the following phrases:

"No news is good news"

"Silence is golden"

I can just imagine the following happening in the subsequent quarterly EA earnings call:

"Customer satisfaction for SWTOR has definitely improved. In fact I can report that we have not received any complaints in the forum from our Australian customers the past few weeks. Having achieved this outcome, we will now be implementing additional revenue options as our customers have accepted our current Cartel Market format."

Funny you should mention that, I've just heard from a few people on Master D that they have also been perma-banned from the forums. Looks like instead of answering the questions they will just keep banning people from this thread until it becomes silent.

BioWare you are so lucky we don't have the numbers USA does, otherwise you'd have a mass-unsubscribing on your hands. If you keep doing this I will go out of my way to stop people playing your game, in fact quite a few friends of mine were keen on playing and they no longer will be.

Edited by Chaoswielder

Funny you should mention that, I've just heard from a few people on Master D that they have also been perma-banned from the forums. Looks like instead of answering the questions they will just keep banning people from this thread until it becomes silent.

BioWare you are so lucky we don't have the numbers USA does, otherwise you'd have a mass-unsubscribing on your hands. If you keep doing this I will go out of my way to stop people playing your game, in fact quite a few friends of mine were keen on playing and they no longer will be.

...But if you did have the numbers the USA does you wouldn't be having this issue and this thread wouldn't exist.

Also, the way APAC people tend to come off, outside this post, warrants forum bans. Too angry and abusive.

Also, the way APAC people tend to come off, outside this post, warrants forum bans. Too angry and abusive.

Customers tend to get that way when they are treated like this (with the experience I've had in retail, I can tell you this is quite mild). As I recall the US were acting similar when their servers were dead - and they got a server merge. We pay the exact same subscription as the US and we do not get the services they are given.

Most recently Jeff Hickman has said in the State of the Game that the "servers are booming!" - this is the icing on the cake right here. It's basically showing that all their data is based off the US servers and that we aren't even part of the equation. Being ignored to this extent will turn the nicest person abusive.

Imagine if you had a problem with this game that was rendering it unplayable, and every time you tried to make a post on the forums the post was deleted by a customer service droid and unanswered. How would you honestly feel about that?

Edited by Chaoswielder

Imagine if you had a problem with this game that was rendering it unplayable, and every time you tried to make a post on the forums the post was deleted by a customer service droid and unanswered. How would you honestly feel about that?

Wasting your breath mate,Yankies don't have an imagination.

...But if you did have the numbers the USA does you wouldn't be having this issue and this thread wouldn't exist.

So, this guy took offense to my posts in another thread, so he decided to come here and tell us we're all wrong..

gg

Edited by Ignicity

Nope I think he is telling it just as it is perceived. I do not see how he is telling you, you are wrong, just that some appear rude and abusive.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=581612&page=2

why are you linking that thread? You like to just link threads are random? While it's on the same topic as this thread neither Ignicity nor ckoneful have posted in that thread.

Is it to show that we can be rude & abusive? Have you looked at any of the threads on topics that are affecting the NA/EU servers? Issues that are 1-2 old with no help from cs. We have been waiting for over 4 months! Being nice has gotten us nothing & nowhere.

Below is my response from the other thread and I am posting it here as it applies here as well.

Mate I think you miss my opinion on this, I do not believe that APAC will ever be left with one server.

I am sorry if you do not agree with my opinion but that is your perogitive as is mine not agreeing with yours, however I do not call what you post as BS and if it makes you feel better, calling me whatever names makes you feel better you are free too. At least you do admit you are rude and i sometimes wonder how the APAC community is getting viewed by the rest of the world. I have been in real life warzones and have a firm grasp on what is important in life and if you represent the best of the APAC community, then I am ashamed.

Below is my response from the other thread and I am posting it here as it applies here as well.

Mate I think you miss my opinion on this, I do not believe that APAC will ever be left with one server.

I am sorry if you do not agree with my opinion but that is your perogitive as is mine not agreeing with yours, however I do not call what you post as BS and if it makes you feel better, calling me whatever names makes you feel better you are free too. At least you do admit you are rude and i sometimes wonder how the APAC community is getting viewed by the rest of the world. I have been in real life warzones and have a firm grasp on what is important in life and if you represent the best of the APAC community, then I am ashamed.

Seen & commented. You are consistently calling those with this opinion BS. Go back & look at your posts. Why are you happy with others having a sub-standard game play experience so that you can have a better one with low latency? If there needs to be 3 servers in APAC for it to continue (comment bioware?) then the APAC servers are going to be closing down. The PVP server won't last that much longer. Without a merge (transfers with still result with zero pop on Master D) there will be NO SUBS playing on Master D shortly after the expansion is released. If it takes till April, some 7-8 months for bioware to act on this game breaking issue then those few (bioware how many active sub are playing on PVP?) will be conceding defeat & keeping the cash for other activities.

If there are so many happy players on the APAC servers you need to get them to post on this thread. Show us that we are wrong. Prove that its not just a couple vocal trolls that are causing dissent.

Seen & commented. You are consistently calling those with this opinion BS. Go back & look at your posts. Why are you happy with others having a sub-standard game play experience so that you can have a better one with low latency? If there needs to be 3 servers in APAC for it to continue (comment bioware?) then the APAC servers are going to be closing down. The PVP server won't last that much longer. Without a merge (transfers with still result with zero pop on Master D) there will be NO SUBS playing on Master D shortly after the expansion is released. If it takes till April, some 7-8 months for bioware to act on this game breaking issue then those few (bioware how many active sub are playing on PVP?) will be conceding defeat & keeping the cash for other activities.

If there are so many happy players on the APAC servers you need to get them to post on this thread. Show us that we are wrong. Prove that its not just a couple vocal trolls that are causing dissent.

I am honestly sorry to see you are having a sub standard game truely, but I have nothing to prove to you that is certain ! I made a post with constructive feedback in the other thread but you ignored that and just went on the offensive yet again over another poster that has their own concerns.

The CS reps on these forum that you wanted for the other poster are likely back on Monday if you can hold out till then.

I am honestly sorry to see you are having a sub standard game truely, but I have nothing to prove to you that is certain ! I made a post with constructive feedback in the other thread but you ignored that and just went on the offensive yet again over another poster that has their own concerns.

The CS reps on these forum that you wanted for the other poster are likely back on Monday if you can hold out till then.

I play purely on Dalborra and still have long wait times for FPs and sm OPs with gf even in a large guild (which I'm not afraid to list in my sig, same with my toons names) as most were lucky to do them already. You say how great everything is but you have never answered two simple questions, guild name if they are so awesome and main toon :)

Yes Dalborra's population has increased a lot which is quite noticeable on both fleet and starter planets, however doesn't mean other servers have had any noticeable improvement. I would personally love to see our pop increase further as it can only be an improvement over what we have now and best way is to join all 3 servers whether you like it or not.

Hey Esno,

My concern is not joining three servers into one as such, I do not think Bioware will do this but rather just shut the APAC servers down instead, the best solution is for the transfer service to any server to be made available to those who want to use it and hope they leave the APAC servers running.

Hey Esno,

My concern is not joining three servers into one as such, I do not think Bioware will do this but rather just shut the APAC servers down instead, the best solution is for the transfer service to any server to be made available to those who want to use it and hope they leave the APAC servers running.

Transfer service would be great but the longer they wait the more chance people will either quit or be so bitter when it does happen as it has taken so damn long, the way things were worded looks like it will be another 6 - 12 mths for transfers to happen which is beyond the joke which is why people are becoming more abrupt.

Defending BW/EA put a target on your back on these forums. Even tho i love this game there is a lot to dislike especially the lack of communication that was promised months ago, last reply we heard was nearly 3 months ago when told they were waiting to see how F2P went, which hasn't helped the pvp server at all from what has been stated in previous posts.

Transfer service would be great but the longer they wait the more chance people will either quit or be so bitter when it does happen as it has taken so damn long, the way things were worded looks like it will be another 6 - 12 mths for transfers to happen which is beyond the joke which is why people are becoming more abrupt.

Defending BW/EA put a target on your back on these forums. Even tho i love this game there is a lot to dislike especially the lack of communication that was promised months ago, last reply we heard was nearly 3 months ago when told they were waiting to see how F2P went, which hasn't helped the pvp server at all from what has been stated in previous posts.

Hi Esno

I certainly dont disagree with any of your statements, especially about the bioware communication aspect but the forum CS people here cannot answer this question they are the wrong department so you will always get the default there is no known time frame, The 12 month aniversary for the APAC servers is up around March - April I think and I would imagine they are running 12 month leases. Do i think the pvpers should be left to flounder on a server " no " but i am greatly concerned especially after no indication yet at all from bioware what is likely to occur if the consolidation is pushed for rather then say a free transfer ability. People need to remain cognisant that just because someone has a different view on it doesn't mean they have any less right to their opinion then the next person. I dont hold their view against them I know where they are coming from but it worries me what will actually occur maynot be want they expect. when has bioware done that recently ?

Lets presume that very conservitively they only have 250000 subs across all the servers and they lose 1250 people on the APAC servers over this, this is 0.5/100 of their numbers is this going to worry them a lot , I do not think so that is why I told them they need to push up numbers and I hope it is way more than 1250 people and this is on the lean side of number of subs they likely have, are they going to be greatly concerned over say 100 people in the forum making a noise, not really and I expect this is the reality of it. Those affected may not like this reality but I do think it is the reality of things even if they do not want someone to even mention it. but i will not let this path be walked without them knowing that this outcome is also a possibility because in the end it will effect you and I and alot of others greatly if this occurs. think about their server model we only have one of each where the other regions have multiples what is the likely chance they will make an exception to APAC rather then just further consolidate their expenditure by not having to run APAC servers altogether. I maybe voicing this but I will not be told my view is no less important then anyone elses. Edited by OwenBrooks

Lets presume that very conservitively they only have 250000 subs across all the servers and they lose 1250 people on the APAC servers over this, this is 0.5/100 of their numbers is this going to worry them a lot

If you had any experience dealing with customers you would know that 1 unhappy customer is 1 too many. BioWare's customer service and communication with the community is appalling.

You are missing the point entirely with our posts. The fact is, BioWare promised us the "best solution for the APAC community" after the release of Free to Play. And now Free to Play has been out for a month and a half we are asking for that solution, and they are silencing us. Deleting our posts, deleting our threads and permanently banning people from the forums. This is wrong on so many levels, how can you not see that?

The game is in an unplayable state as it is, and I have cancelled my subscription until BioWare takes action. I am sick of fighting for my server only to have my account banned and posts deleted.

BioWare are pathetic.

Edited by Chaoswielder

If you had any experience dealing with customers you would know that 1 unhappy customer is 1 too many. BioWare's customer service and communication with the community is appalling.

You are missing the point entirely with our posts. The fact is, BioWare promised us the "best solution for the APAC community" after the release of Free to Play. And now Free to Play has been out for a month and a half we are asking for that solution, and they are silencing us. Deleting our posts, deleting our threads and permanently banning people from the forums. This is wrong on so many levels, how can you not see that?

The game is in an unplayable state as it is, and I have cancelled my subscription until BioWare takes action. I am sick of fighting for my server only to have my account banned and posts deleted.

BioWare are pathetic.

While I am still an active subscriber I felt quoting this in the hopes more people read it is important.

We're only asking for them to deliver what was promised.

BioWare are pathetic.

Games like MMOs are like ISPs and I do know about them, I was involved in bringing the internet to the queensland public back in 1992 where it grew from the universities, the user base of an ISP is fluid constantly some users go each month some new users turn up each month, providing it is not too far on a downward scale consistantly there is litle concern from a business point of view.

I am not missing your point, business is business and doesnt need to be fair but like you said F2P has only been out for 90 days and the bans and deleted posts are more likely from the tone and language they where delivered in, if a post is against the forum rules what do you expect will happen ? only thing you achieved was that you know they are reading them and are not impressed with them.

The trick is to be smart and provide the right ammuntion to support the outcome you are looking for, having a tissy fit and lashing out on the forums is not the right way to do it. how can you not see that ? It was one of the first things I was taught was to leave emotion out of the issue as much as possible or you are just wasting yours and everyone else's time. Do you have the ability to play on another server all this time, yes yes you do, the fact you havn't in all this time has been your choice, have they updated recently on server transfers yes, whilst it is still along way off that that is not fast enough for your liking but all servers are wanting this I think, not just APAC. Put together a polite letter and paper mail it , email it to bioware CEO or similar and be constructive and politiely put your request out there like say can they conduct a poll with all APAC users with what their option are going to be, I know what you would like but what the reality is can be something totally different, if you simply demand something with dummy spits like a wailing baby on something they dont want to give or ready to look at you will be ignored, does that sound familiar ? if you sent professional documents and a constructive request they may decide to look at something more favourable.

Why should they engage with your request if they are likely to be yelled at the first time they do not dance to your tune and get called pathetic, you have unsubscribed, new players will have also subbed in that time or spent money on the cartel market.

They must be monitoring the server numbers and subscriber numbers and they will make commercial decisions based on those profits, In business you can make more money reducing infrastructure by cutting away some higher cost per head paying users in the short term and develop a longer term end state, make APAC more trouble to keep then removing it becomes a simple business decision. After all they will retain a sufficient percentage to assist their current infrastructure costs in the remaining regions, especially if as you say APAC is so small now.

Go have a read of some of the other major MMOs forums there is always someone that is unhappy and someone that always has a differing view. Your view of 1 unhappy customer is too many is unrealistic and unachievable especially in the MMO genres, especially in the forums

Edited by OwenBrooks

Put together a polite letter and paper mail it , email it to bioware CEO or similar and be constructive and politiely put your request out there like say can they conduct a poll with all APAC users with what their option are going to be

It has all been done before. Everyone that tries is ignored.

Why should we have to try this hard to get the same treatment that the US received? They have done server merges before, so they obviously have the capability. There is absolutely no reason for them to be sitting on their asses.

Edited by Chaoswielder