The Mysterious Ancient Tome

On the top of the outlaw's den sets a mysterious ancient tome. IT is a mystery what it does. Currently it just activates but nothing happens.

1. http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3279/q9aimvgm_jpg.htm

2. http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3279/wfvhn7gh_jpg.htm

3. http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3279/rh7pdms7_jpg.htm

4. http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3279/btntfq77_jpg.htm

Things that have been tried:

3 buffs from killing the vendors

Using Dread Orb/Amulet.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all actuality because of the method to getting to it, it's probably a leftover lore object from beta and won't spawn anything particular considering the secret boss is in SV 16m NiM . It probably does nothing cause the developers did not anticipate people getting up there.

In all actuality because of the method to getting to it, it's probably a leftover lore object from beta and won't spawn anything particular considering the secret boss is in SV 16m NiM . It probably does nothing cause the developers did not anticipate people getting up there.

probably, but i hate not figuring out what hidden things does >.<

Got on top but alone and there was no one to get me thru the crack >.>

Got in. It only shows channel bar and nothing happens.

Seriously, if this is leftover devs SHOULD address it properly by either making a statement or removing it. :/

What if it has something to do with the legendary Queen of Sands from 2012 January rumors?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

What route did you use to get there?

Have sage jumping and slinger kb him ontop of the first level of the building. Sage pulls slinger. Position yourselves under the sheet but close to the walls so slinger knocks the sage up so he goes over the edge of the sheet and jumps on it. repeat it on the upper dome and crack.

Things that have been tried:

3 buffs from killing the vendors

I think it has to do with those Expertise buffs. Currently, you receive Desert Hope, Desert Courage and Desert Patience from the vendors.

However, Torhead has two more buffs: Desert Power and Desert Strength. Maybe those two buffs are related to the tome?

Edited by Jerba

So anyone know when this showed up or if it really was from beta for sure?

That being said the first thing my mind went to given the ominous nature suggested was seeing if saying "Klaatu barada nikto" did anything :jawa_biggrin:

I think it has to do with those Expertise buffs. Currently, you receive Desert Hope, Desert Courage and Desert Patience from the vendors.

However, Torhead has two more buffs: Desert Power and Desert Strength. Maybe those two buffs are related to the tome?

Apparently the tome needs a buff from a tusken raider mob called "Sandclaw". unknown if he's actually ingame or not :\

Apparently the tome needs a buff from a tusken raider mob called "Sandclaw". unknown if he's actually ingame or not :\

Okay, this makes me more confident that this has something to do with the Queen of the Sand(s). She's not in-game yet so when they add her maybe they'll involve the tome with her spawning.

I'm guessing they'll introduce a new WB in 2.4 or 2.5 so let's hope for a KRAAAAAYYT DRAAAAAAGON!:D

Okay, this makes me more confident that this has something to do with the Queen of the Sand(s). She's not in-game yet so when they add her maybe they'll involve the tome with her spawning.

I'm guessing they'll introduce a new WB in 2.4 or 2.5 so let's hope for a KRAAAAAYYT DRAAAAAAGON!:D

Well, Sandclaw is tagged as a level 50 world boss.

From swtor_miner on reddit

I'm currently trying to disentangle the Outlaw's Den puzzle in my spare time. Since someone found the Ancient Tome, on top of the GTN building. I'm fairly certain its non-functional, as the tome requires the three vendor buffs and a buff from a world Boss that's supposed to be summoned in there. I'm looking for an interactive door panel as that's the only interactive object I can't account for.

From swtor_miner on reddit

The Queen of Sands... Catchdeathwalker was onto something when people were stalking him in the outlaws den. can't believe it was there, neglected, for so long and so little people knew about it. I have my doubts now about the way he obtained the white crystal. Popular rumor is that he tricked CS agent with a ticket. But if he found all this information about the queen, buffs, the tome and spent hours in the area... Mind you, it was like back in January or February 2012. Bet he was doing datamining and extra nasty stuff which managed to get him the crystal.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

The Queen of Sands... Catchdeathwalker was onto something when people were stalking him in the outlaws den. can't believe it was there, neglected, for so long and so little people knew about it. I have my doubts now about the way he obtained the white crystal. Popular rumor is that he tricked CS agent with a ticket. But if he found all this information about the queen, buffs, the tome and spent hours in the area... Mind you, it was like back in January or February 2012. Bet he was doing datamining and extra nasty stuff which managed to get him the crystal.

My thoughts exactly. I always speculated, that he obtained the crystal from a boss that wasn't supposed to be summoned. And the ways you have to use to get to the roof of the building would suggest, that it wasn't Biowares intention that anyone would reach it at all.

I think, that Bioware didn't care about deactivating that certain boss, because everyone thought, that no one's able to reach him. Wrong conclusion, and after they have been proven wrong, they deactivated the thing completely. That theory would fit with Biowares accusation of achieving the crystal by illegitimate means.

Catchdeathwalker also mentioned Tatooine and Hoth. Some said he was lying, but maybe he was right all along. The puzzle on Tatooines Outlaws Den maybe connected to Hoth in some way. Frankly, i have no idea, it's all speculation on my part. But i'd like to think, that the ancient tome puzzle (if it is a puzzle) and Catchdeathwalkers story have the same origin.

Edited by DarthBurton