camera view lock

nareever

When is this going to get fixed? After being a subscriber for 6 weeks, I am ready to cancel my account and go back to playing one that is 8 years old, just because SWTOR can't put a camera lock in place. That is SO BASIC. Don't change my view every frilling 5 seconds.

/rant off

I think he means a camera lock for zoom. The camera always resets itself to default zoom, rather than what you set it at, after arriving in a new area, or after disembarking from a speeder. It is annoying, and I agree, its pretty basic stuff, we SHOULD be able to lock our camera zoom.

I mean setting the distance and ANGLE of the camera. Every other MMO I have played has had this option. This is basic thing you put into a game when a 3rd person view is used. And to reset it to normal every time you enter into a conversation, move through a level or door, die, etc. shows a complete lack of forethought on the game designers. This has been discussed for a year now, and they still haven't implemented it yet, which shows they either don't have the talent to program it in, or don't play themselves. And from the posts I have seen, was probably a factor in losing at least some of the player base.