Space Jockey's Starfighter Pack Preview

Iwipe

Ohh... yeah. No crystal. I was going to bring that up. So... I guess we shouldn't expect one every pack, but.. they were a nice item to have. There is no way you can run out of colors so... why no crystals?

My guess is in lieu of crystals they are doing the GSF blaster and con trail color kits since this series is a space themed series.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been stated in numerous threads numerous times, the team that does the CM stuff (to include the packs) is a separate entity from the one that does playable content or the team that does bug fixes or the many other areas of focus in this game and other games like it. You see the stuff like the packs more frequently because they are, for lack of better words, a much easier and quicker beast to create, code, and produce vs things like expansions (Rise of the HC for example) or the large GSF update. I would liken it to a car manufacturer, say GM for example. They have separate assembly plants for their smaller and common cars like the cobalt and Malibu vs their big commercial trucks. Put aside consumer demand for a minute, focusing on raw production times. Say they can assemble 4 cobalts in the same time it takes them to put 1 of their 5500 series commercial panel trucks down the production line, for the sake of the argument. Granted I just used arbitrary numbers for my example, but I imagine you get the gist of what I'm saying there.

The point was, the cartel market stuff team works too hard and the main (?) team works too slow. By any standards, way too slow. Same team or not the same, we are invited to buy, buy, buy too often (every 3 weeks) and to play something new - way too rarely. Makes playable content dev's look really lazy and slow. Forthcoming nim's are for pve elite, regular players will keep seeing nothing but cartel packs for months more. Only vague promises of "much much more" and guarantees that they won't do new class stories, the only thing that I'm sure 99% of ppl would want and the only really strong side of this game. That we won't get. What a lousy way of treating players.

Yeah, I agree, if this game ever introduces an appearance tab then Augs should be left out of it. Kits too for that matter.

Not sure how that would work exactly, but crafters have a hard enough time in this game without taking another notable crafting mainstay away.

All they have to do is take the LOTRO approach. You have a gear tab and various cosmetic tabs. You can choose to display which ever one you want, even your actual gear tab. Also, you can equip non-cosmetic gear in cosmetic slots. All SWTOR would have to do is just add a second gear tab. This would also allow people to have different gear sets (PVP, PVE, heal, dps, tank, RP, Cosmetic, etc) equipped without taking inventory space if done properly. *edit* You put two check boxes above the gear in questions. One is Cosmetic check box and the other is a stat check box. Check both boxes on the same gear, or one set gets checked as cosmetic and the other as where you want your stats to come from.

As for the augments, I don't really have any sympathy for the crafters if they are calculating part of their profits from people switching their gear every other week. I'm a bitter artificer though, so I am biased.

Edited by Lugosi

Exactly! An "Appearance tab" would allow me to wear whatever the newest Cartel Pack cool item is, without spending close to a mil every time a new pack was released. I don't even bother looking at the armor any more...which is a shame...they have some really cool looks.

I agree. I have plenty of credits in game, but I would definitely prefer to spend them on actual items from the CM instead of on repeatedly ripping out mods, amorings and augments if and when I want to change clothes. An appearance tab would be a great incentive for me to buy and tryout new CM items.

For a moment I thought they had somehow found a way around their thigh-high-problem with Mission's outfit. But no, it is just two-colored pants.

At least the Daring Rogue-jacket won't clip into skirts. It could be an alternative to Mira's. Now how to get rid of the random metal bar?

The interceptor has a practical antenna, Not stylish, but maybe it improves holo-reception.

Edited by drakensang

For a moment I thought they had somehow found a way around their thigh-high-problem with Mission's outfit. But no, it is just two-colored pants.

At least the Daring Rogue-jacket won't clip into skirts. It could be an alternative to Mira's. Now how to get rid of the random metal bar?

The interceptor has a practical antenna, Not stylish, but maybe it improves holo-reception.

Yeah, I was hoping for actual thigh-high boots on Mission's outfit but alas, we don't always get what we want :(

All they have to do is take the LOTRO approach. You have a gear tab and various cosmetic tabs. You can choose to display which ever one you want, even your actual gear tab. Also, you can equip non-cosmetic gear in cosmetic slots. All SWTOR would have to do is just add a second gear tab. This would also allow people to have different gear sets (PVP, PVE, heal, dps, tank, RP, Cosmetic, etc) equipped without taking inventory space if done properly. *edit* You put two check boxes above the gear in questions. One is Cosmetic check box and the other is a stat check box. Check both boxes on the same gear, or one set gets checked as cosmetic and the other as where you want your stats to come from.

As for the augments, I don't really have any sympathy for the crafters if they are calculating part of their profits from people switching their gear every other week. I'm a bitter artificer though, so I am biased.

Heh. I'm a bitter artificer too. That is why I don't want to see the Augers go through the same deal.

Reno, don't give up hope man. That crystal will come out, one way or another.

Edited by Rafaman

As usual, the only outfits they actually put some effort into are the KOTOR outfits. the other stuff is bland and reskins of whats already there.

Take the hint designer team, be like the superiour KOTOR design team. They did a much better job at portraying a star wars setting, I often wonder if the TOR designers ever watched star wars.

Yeah I thought the 'bound' emote was another way of saying 'constipated' it really does look like he is going for gold on the toilet sat there lol.

Nice pack, clothes seem a mix of very nice and meh, particularly like the Charcoal Dewback and Forest Assault Tauntaun, they look very nice indeed!

No new colour crystal? or have they ran out of colours now? lol

Yeah I thought the 'bound' emote was another way of saying 'constipated' it really does look like he is going for gold on the toilet sat there lol.

Nice pack, clothes seem a mix of very nice and meh, particularly like the Charcoal Dewback and Forest Assault Tauntaun, they look very nice indeed!

No new colour crystal? or have they ran out of colours now? lol

Not by a long shot.

As usual, the only outfits they actually put some effort into are the KOTOR outfits. the other stuff is bland and reskins of whats already there.

Take the hint designer team, be like the superiour KOTOR design team. They did a much better job at portraying a star wars setting, I often wonder if the TOR designers ever watched star wars.

Oh get off it, KOTOR got as much complaints about not being "star wars" enough when it came out as SW:TOR does now.

Yeah, I was hoping for actual thigh-high boots on Mission's outfit but alas, we don't always get what we want :(

I wouldn't expect them. The way I suspect their modeling to work, real thigh highs would clip into the thighs with every step. I am more miffed because of the Daring Rogue. Finally a comparatively unassuming, flapless open jacket that won't clip into skirts, and their solution for the american fear of mammaries is to nail a random metal bar over it, to get the same underboob-effect they had on the dramatic extrovert, which in this case ruins the male model too.

Would it have been so much work to copy the approach from Mira's Jacket and give the female model a slightly better bra than the standard tube top if mammaries are so scary that they can't be shown?

A mime emote? A <censored> mime emote? But...but...mimes are EVIL!! Guess I'll have to pick that up for my Dark 5 Juggernaut, then. ;)

I have a friend who's sister was roommates in college with a girl who's brother is best friends this guy who works at Bioware, and I heard they're working on the /creepyclown emote for the next pack...allegedly. ;)

I am more miffed because of the Daring Rogue. Finally a comparatively unassuming, flapless open jacket that won't clip into skirts, and their solution for the american fear of mammaries is to nail a random metal bar over it, to get the same underboob-effect they had on the dramatic extrovert, which in this case ruins the male model too.

I love the Dramatic Extrovert top on both genders -- very sexy IMHO -- but the Daring Rogue set just doesn't pull it off. And due to the lack of anything holding the jacket together in the front below the chest, I can't help but wonder what would keep a strong wind from exposing, um, more than just underboob. :eek:

If for females they'd have just layered the silver bar thingy under the jacket part and positioned it below the breasts, showing cleavage instead of underboob, it would have worked much better. -sigh-

I love the Dramatic Extrovert top on both genders -- very sexy IMHO -- but the Daring Rogue set just doesn't pull it off. And due to the lack of anything holding the jacket together in the front below the chest, I can't help but wonder what would keep a strong wind from exposing, um, more than just underboob. :eek:

If for females they'd have just layered the silver bar thingy under the jacket part and positioned it below the breasts, showing cleavage instead of underboob, it would have worked much better. -sigh-

I'm actually let down by the Daring Rogue jacket. It's modeled on the Gamorrean Frilled Leatheris Jacket (screenshot), which I really, REALLY like, except Daring Rogue appears to have removed the "shirt"/front. It would really be nice to have GFLJ as-is as an adaptive piece of armor., or really the option of shirt or shirtless on the Daring Rogue --- Is there even a way to make that request?

Edited by therain_storm

• 1 month later...